Close
Login
Register

**UFC 229 gets a Co-main Event!!!**

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

**UFC 229 gets a Co-main Event!!!**

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 am

Instead of fighting at UFC Fight Night 137 in Sao Paulo, Tonya Evinger will fight two weeks later at the highly-anticipated UFC 229 pay-per-view card.

Evinger was initially booked to face top bantamweight contender Ketlen Vieira, but the Brazilian pulled out of the fight due to an injury. Fellow undefeated fighter Aspen Ladd will step up in her place — but in Las Vegas instead — MMAjunkie.com first reported Wednesday. UFC officials confirmed the pairing Wednesday night on FS1’s UFC Tonight.

Evinger (19-7, 1 NC) hasn’t fought since July 2017, when she fought Cris Cyborg for the vacant featherweight title at UFC 214 in her promotional debut. She fell via TKO. The former Invicta FC bantamweight champion was riding an eight-fight unbeaten streak prior to the Cyborg fight.

Ladd (6-0) had greater success in her UFC debut, beating Lina Lansberg via TKO at UFC Fight Night 117 last November. She was expected to fight Leslie Smith earlier this year, but she missed weight and the bout did not come to fruition.

UFC 229 takes place Oct. 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. In the main event, lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov defends the title for the first time against the returning Conor McGregor.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: **UFC 229 gets a Co-main Event!!!**

Postby PBells » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 am

I believe Black Beast/Volkov has that distinction :P
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Jump » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:58 pm

I was pleasantly surprised she lasted as long as she did against cyborg and made it a semi-fight. Nunes is gonna beat Cyborg's ass imo.but then again Cyborg could have been taking it easy or having an off night so Idk.
The linker formerly known as 'bringthepain' 2008
Jump
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby warriorxvv » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 pm

Jump wrote:I was pleasantly surprised she lasted as long as she did against cyborg and made it a semi-fight. Nunes is gonna beat Cyborg's ass imo.but then again Cyborg could have been taking it easy or having an off night so Idk.

Really, I’m interested as to what you see happening in this fight? When someone says “beat their ass”, I expect a beat down and a pretty one sided fight. Care to explain, further, will all respect as to how you see Nunes beating cyborgs ass? I can see both landing hard exchanges and doing well but I don’t see either withering and and wilting, I can see this actually being maybe a real women’s Whittaker/ Romero type of fight.
warriorxvv
White Belt
White Belt

Postby yoseph » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 pm

warriorxvv wrote:
Jump wrote:I was pleasantly surprised she lasted as long as she did against cyborg and made it a semi-fight. Nunes is gonna beat Cyborg's ass imo.but then again Cyborg could have been taking it easy or having an off night so Idk.

Really, I’m interested as to what you see happening in this fight? When someone says “beat their ass”, I expect a beat down and a pretty one sided fight. Care to explain, further, will all respect as to how you see Nunes beating cyborgs ass? I can see both landing hard exchanges and doing well but I don’t see either withering and and wilting, I can see this actually being maybe a real women’s Whittaker/ Romero type of fight.

With 2 romero's
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby KARHU-III » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:14 am

clicked on title and couldn't find what the co-main event is in 0.038 seconds so fuck this thread
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 pm

warriorxvv wrote:

cydawg will make her cry. take down.ground and pound.round 1 or round 2 pawnage.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion