Close
Login
Register

Jackson Wink vs. Donald Cerrone

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Jackson Wink vs. Donald Cerrone

Postby PainDog » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 am

Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: Jackson Wink vs. Donald Cerrone

Postby PainDog » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:06 am

“I have been here longer than anyone and seen the many stages of our evolution of this team,” Sanchez wrote. “Cowboy Cerrone has been so busy building his empire the past three four years and he’s done a fantastic job doing it but that’s been his focus, he’s never been here!!! Maybe a grappling class here or there a sparring every six months??? That’s not a team mate it’s just someone who is out only for themselves.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/1780 ... y-hurt-mma

Winkeljohn said Cerrone has for several years drawn training partners and coaches away from the gym to train at BMF, but hasn’t contributed to Jackson Wink as a consistent team presence.

“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/donald-ce ... ufc-denver
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:11 am

Jackson Wink has done teammate vs. teammate before like Overeem vs. Arlovski...but I remember when this guy had issues with the gym

Spoiler:
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby jjmmajkd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:24 am

It sucks when somewhere you like changes for the worse ;)
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby jblaze » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:42 am

Honestly there is a good chance Platinum knocks him out and he retires. So why wouldn't the gym back the guy likely to be there for the next five years.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kezzaman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 am

jblaze wrote:Honestly there is a good chance Platinum knocks him out and he retires. So why wouldn't the gym back the guy likely to be there for the next five years.

Perry is the kind of guy Cowboy pieces up
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:44 am

Maybe this is a sign that Cowboy beats Perry. I sure hope he does. Didn't Cowboy say that he wanted to fight Gaethje but the UFC didnt think he could make 155 so they didnt allow him to.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:48 pm

We don't know the whole story but have seen the BS before with this gym & how quick they are to throw a fighter under the bus when it suits them. Plus do agree have seen the same with this gym & AKA is all about the money train they aren't backing loyalty & fighters more so then they are money. Also loyalty goes both ways so if a fighter feels the gym isn't being loyal enough to them then why the hell should the gym get pissy saying the fighter wasn't loyal enough to them is a two way street.

Also if they're gonna complain about Cerrone not being there for others in the gym last time I seen stuff bout his private training ranch it was open door to any of the guys from Jackson Wink to come & go as they pleased. When saw some guys it was explained would come there to train, help, learn then head back to Jackson Wink w/o Cerrone acting like he didn't want "fair weather" fighters show up there to leave as quickly as they came.

Hey from what I saw Cerrone seemed like a pretty chill cool guy that was understandable with leway about sorta things like this. Hell if I was Perry win or lose I'd go train with Cerrone aftwards then stick witht a gym if I found out they took my side over another fighter at the gym who'd I fight cuz just goes to show they'll eventually do the same to you down the road.

I'd never imagine I'd be able to pay any amount of money to train with a UFC fighter let alone a top tier one & tbh would be leary of a gym that let me do so liek something ain't right bout this place.

I know some of what we know like the JBJ vs Rashad stuff was blown out of preportion not to mention I almsot certain was done so to hype it in all aspects be the fight, the fighters, their gyms & what ever else. But was clear Jackson Wink took JBJ's side & even int he Overeem vs Arlovski fight that was def more well done they took Overeems side cuz was clear as day they were thinking with $$$ signs in mind. Same goes for Cerrone vs Perry they're taking the side of the guy they figure will be most profitable for them the new up & comer so to speak then the guy they figure will be on their way out.

So yea see where their loyalty is over there at Jackson Wink & it's plain as day 100% to the money.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby Darklord » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Cerrone just needs to move back to Colorado and train under Bang Ludwig
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby robdogj » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Diego 'The Nightmare' Sanchez now wants to represent Jackson-Wink & fight Cowboy. You all know what I think
I still want to see Cowboy fuck up McGillicutty too
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm

robdogj wrote:Diego 'The Nightmare' Sanchez now wants to represent Jackson-Wink & fight Cowboy. You all know what I think
I still want to see Cowboy fuck up McGillicutty too

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby philphan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:42 pm

As always, fuck Jackson Wink. They seem like real scumbag, front running, dickheads. War Cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby robdogj » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:38 pm

philphan wrote:As always, fuck Jackson Wink. They seem like real scumbag, running around the cage, dickheads. War Cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

FYP
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:07 am

Cowboy is everything pure in MMA, Jackson is everything lame in MMA with all his point dancing standing tall and stiff game planning.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Shasto » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Cowboy's biggest weakness is his striking defense. If he would train just one camp working on properly defending punches and kicks he would do so much better.

I think most of his losses are from him having zero boxing defense and getting clipped in a flurry.
Shasto
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion