Close
Login
Register

POLL: Should C-League be revived?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Democracy in action!

Yea - Bring it back!
4
67%
Nay - Keep it closed and throw away the key!
2
33%
 
Total votes : 6

POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby PBells » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 am

In running MMALinker® Fantasy Draft™, I have one goal: making sure people are having fun. And to be honest, I kind of felt bad closing C-League because it seemed to crowd the other leagues. B-League sued me because of all the refugees they were forced to take in!

I came up with a way to re-work things again that would give us 9 drafters in A and B and 5 in C. I was going to do it for September but I decided to actually communicate the proposed changes in advance this time rather than just do it because I can. Here is the plan:

* Revive C-League effective after the last fight of the last draftable card in September

* The bottom 5 September A-Leaguers will get sent to B and the bottom 5 September B-Leaguers to C then the October relegations will go back to the usual 3.

* The top 3 B-Leaguers will still get promoted to A



Personally I like a 9-man B-League because the top 3 go to A, the middle 3 stay put, and the bottom 3 would go to C. Plus the dreaded C-League provides a nice pick-me-up and time to rebuild for B-Leaguers who didn't have a good month. Eleven or twelve people in a league just feels a bit tight. Plus this gives us built-in space in case anyone new or returning wants to start playing again. :angel:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PBells
Moderator
 
Posts: 38895
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby TFlock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:45 am

I agree that it should be back but the same problem will arise. Most people that go to C league give up and don’t participate.

How about this idea? Everyone in C league gets some sort of embarrassing accolade while they’re in C league. The Cyborg! Give them a shitty colour name, some shitty belt and the only way to get rid of it is to get back out of C league. If you want to be a quitter you are stuck with the Cyborg until you man up and try to get back to B league!

Once you’re in C league, you’re always stuck with the Cyborg until you actually work your way out of the dungeon known as C league!

Thought?
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!


ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby PBells » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:48 am

I remember discussing the C-League Cyborg, good idea having it apply to the entire group! Might be able to give them a brown username at the very least :tup:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PBells
Moderator
 
Posts: 38895
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby TFlock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:51 am

PBells wrote:I remember discussing the C-League Cyborg, good idea having it apply to the entire group! Might be able to give them a brown username at the very least :tup:

Yeah, at least it would force them to participate. If you wanna quit fantasy when you’re in C league then you’re stuck with it until you get out of C league haha
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!


ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Image
Last edited by DeceptaCon on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 14554
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby TFlock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:08 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:Image

Perfect :lol:
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!


ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby dipset52 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Lol yea why not

But i don’t agree with the bottom 5 getting demoted. That’s pretty excessive.
209 Stockton
Image

Image
User avatar
dipset52
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby PBells » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:29 pm

dipset52 wrote:But i don’t agree with the bottom 5 getting demoted. That’s pretty excessive.


That would just be a one-time thing to redistribute the leagues, then it would be the standard 3 from then on.
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PBells
Moderator
 
Posts: 38895
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby philphan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:25 pm

I don't know man, C league is always such a shit show. I guess do whatever but I do have a proposal. I say if you miss 1 turn then you are a scrap picker, in all leagues. Nothing sucks worse than waiting for like 24 hours for a guy to miss two picks. I know shit happens but a PM is sent out and usually multiple PM reminders by other fantasy players. It's just a suggestion but will help things go smoother. And if a guy happens to be out of town or real busy, then no big deal, just pick from the scraps. No hard feelings. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:13 pm

name it cyborg

give an accoloade to the winner

let the world keeep spinning.
Image


''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
User avatar
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 am

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby TFlock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:20 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:name it cyborg

give an accoloade to the winner

let the world keeep spinning.

I hear ya but there has to be a way to keep the quitters playing. Most people get down to C then stop making their picks. Slap them with a brown name and all it takes is 2 minutes a month to make their picks to try to move up to B league. Even if they’re picking scraps.

They keep the brown name until they get out of C league. Simple.
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!


ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:27 pm

TFlock wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:name it cyborg

give an accoloade to the winner

let the world keeep spinning.

I hear ya but there has to be a way to keep the quitters playing. Most people get down to C then stop making their picks. Slap them with a brown name and all it takes is 2 minutes a month to make their picks to try to move up to B league. Even if they’re picking scraps.

They keep the brown name until they get out of C league. Simple.



de fuck man..?de fuck?

Spoiler:
Image
Image


''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
User avatar
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 am

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby JayKoz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:43 pm

philphan wrote:I don't know man, C league is always such a shit show. I guess do whatever but I do have a proposal. I say if you miss 1 turn then you are a scrap picker, in all leagues. Nothing sucks worse than waiting for like 24 hours for a guy to miss two picks. I know shit happens but a PM is sent out and usually multiple PM reminders by other fantasy players. It's just a suggestion but will help things go smoother. And if a guy happens to be out of town or real busy, then no big deal, just pick from the scraps. No hard feelings. :mrgreen:


Missing one pick and being a scrap picker is a little excessive, inevitably life happens and someone may miss a pick. 24 hours to make 2 picks though i agree is just silly. You should have the same 12 hours to make both picks if you end up at the bottom or the top of the draft.
Image
User avatar
JayKoz
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:29 pm
Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion (2x) 2018

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby philphan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 pm

JayKoz wrote:
philphan wrote:I don't know man, C league is always such a shit show. I guess do whatever but I do have a proposal. I say if you miss 1 turn then you are a scrap picker, in all leagues. Nothing sucks worse than waiting for like 24 hours for a guy to miss two picks. I know shit happens but a PM is sent out and usually multiple PM reminders by other fantasy players. It's just a suggestion but will help things go smoother. And if a guy happens to be out of town or real busy, then no big deal, just pick from the scraps. No hard feelings. :mrgreen:


Missing one pick and being a scrap picker is a little excessive, inevitably life happens and someone may miss a pick. 24 hours to make 2 picks though i agree is just silly. You should have the same 12 hours to make both picks if you end up at the bottom or the top of the draft.

Unless you're new to the league you know that after the last event of the month a new draft will begin. How long does it take to check linker from your phone? I can do it in 30 second or less. If you don't have 30 seconds per day for linker, then you might just be a scrap picker. Anywho, I'm sure Bells will keep it the same so no worries. I'll keep sending out pms reminding linkers of their turn. Good luck this month as always. :hand2: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: POLL: Should C-League be revived?

Postby TFlock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 pm

philphan wrote:
JayKoz wrote:
philphan wrote:I don't know man, C league is always such a shit show. I guess do whatever but I do have a proposal. I say if you miss 1 turn then you are a scrap picker, in all leagues. Nothing sucks worse than waiting for like 24 hours for a guy to miss two picks. I know shit happens but a PM is sent out and usually multiple PM reminders by other fantasy players. It's just a suggestion but will help things go smoother. And if a guy happens to be out of town or real busy, then no big deal, just pick from the scraps. No hard feelings. :mrgreen:


Missing one pick and being a scrap picker is a little excessive, inevitably life happens and someone may miss a pick. 24 hours to make 2 picks though i agree is just silly. You should have the same 12 hours to make both picks if you end up at the bottom or the top of the draft.

Unless you're new to the league you know that after the last event of the month a new draft will begin. How long does it take to check linker from your phone? I can do it in 30 second or less. If you don't have 30 seconds per day for linker, then you might just be a scrap picker. Anywho, I'm sure Bells will keep it the same so no worries. I'll keep sending out pms reminding linkers of their turn. Good luck this month as always. :hand2: :mrgreen:

fuck, I know eh? if your pick is coming up you can take some time to PM some picks to someone if you don't have time during your 12 hour window. It's not that hard.

I vote for one missed pick is a scrap picker and all C league get a brown name :hand2: :poop:
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!


ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users