Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

The Chosen One
9%
The Gorilla
9%
Nicco
5%
Valentina
9%
Andrade
9%
Karolina
9%
Carla
No votes
Tatiana
9%
Zabit
14%
Davis
No votes
Stamann
No votes
Sterling
14%
Rivera
14%
Dodson
No votes

Total votes : 22

Official Discussion: UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 pm

SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 | American Airlines Arena | Dallas, Texas

Main Card
Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Tyron Woodley vs Darren Till
for welterweight title

Nicco Montano vs Valentina Shevchenko
for women's flyweight title

Jessica Andrade vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Carla Esparza vs Tatiana Suarez

Brandon Davis vs Zabit Magomedsharipov

Preliminary Card
FX, 8 p.m. ET

Cody Stamann vs Aljamain Sterling

Charles Byrd vs Darren Stewart

Abdul Razak Alhassan vs Niko Price

John Dodson vs Jimmie Rivera

Preliminary Card
UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET

Diego Sanchez vs Craig White

Jim Miller vs Alex White

Irene Aldana vs Lucie Pudilova

Ryan Benoit vs Roberto Sanchez

Frank Camacho vs Geoff Neal
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Wow, main card is STACKED!!!!!!

And they are really getting behind and pushing Rivera!!

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:18 am

bruins2012 wrote:Wow, main card is STACKED!!!!!!

And they are really getting behind and pushing Rivera!!

:P

:lol: :lol: the prelim card is better, man Dana hates Woodley
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 am

bruins2012

Postby PBells » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:52 am

Where's the "double KO" option for the main event?
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:36 am

That main card is covered in barf!

I was really looking forward to that title fight and zabit but they filled that sweet fight sandwich with watery barf! Won't be watching this one live, shame.

Andrade and esparza on the main card, diego and Dodson buried. On what planet is a Diego Sanchez fight less fun to watch than a wmma fight?

Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:45 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:That main card is covered in barf!

I was really looking forward to that title fight and zabit but they filled that sweet fight sandwich with watery barf! Won't be watching this one live, shame.

Andrade and esparza on the main card, diego and Dodson buried. On what planet is a Diego Sanchez fight less fun to watch than a wmma fight?

Personally I would have switched the Al-Hassan vs Price or the Dodson Rivera fight with the Suarez Esparza fight.

The UFC is trying to make Suarez into its next star though. She has a very fun and dominant grappling style where she smashes people with elbows until they give up a choke, plus she is Latina (obviously) and survived cancer that should have killed her. So I think the UFC is trying to market her hard.

I have no issues with the Andrade Karolina fight on the main card. Andrade is incredibly entertaining to watch, if you (not saying you in particular) do not like her fight you really are not an mma fan quite honestly.

I would have to see Al Hassan and his 100% KO rate fight Price and his hammerfists from the bottom TKO prowess on the main card. The UFC seems to be banking on Suarez as a new star though and Esparza is a former champ who is grappling centered but also not nearly as good a grappler as Suarez.

Nothing against Diego but he needs to retire here soon. He has been getting put out with punishment that he would have walked through ages ago. I like Diego but guys like him, or the recently retired Jake Ellenberger, have the worst styles for longevity unless they adapt and change up strategies. Unfortunately neither did and when they can't go forward and wrestle box through damaging punches, their career is all but over :butthurt:
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Mr Meow wrote:

Personally I would have switched the Al-Hassan vs Price or the Dodson Rivera fight with the Suarez Esparza fight.

The UFC is trying to make Suarez into its next star though. She has a very fun and dominant grappling style where she smashes people with elbows until they give up a choke, plus she is Latina (obviously) and survived cancer that should have killed her. So I think the UFC is trying to market her hard.

I have no issues with the Andrade Karolina fight on the main card. Andrade is incredibly entertaining to watch, if you (not saying you in particular) do not like her fight you really are not an mma fan quite honestly.

I would have to see Al Hassan and his 100% KO rate fight Price and his hammerfists from the bottom TKO prowess on the main card. The UFC seems to be banking on Suarez as a new star though and Esparza is a former champ who is grappling centered but also not nearly as good a grappler as Suarez.

Nothing against Diego but he needs to retire here soon. He has been getting put out with punishment that he would have walked through ages ago. I like Diego but guys like him, or the recently retired Jake Ellenberger, have the worst styles for longevity unless they adapt and change up strategies. Unfortunately neither did and when they can't go forward and wrestle box through damaging punches, their career is all but over :butthurt:

Oh Diego is done, no question but always fun to watch.

That should be a fight night card, it's garbage.

5 fights on the main card of a ppv and 3 of those fights are filled people no one is trying to pay to see. Five really but two of those are for a belt.

Woodley doesn't sell, till is only a name for us nerds. Same with zabit, as great as he is he's only known to us nerds. Till and zabit aren't going to make this sell, either will andrade, esparza, shevchenko, or Woodley. None of these fights have mass appeal and the card is filled with them. There's no draws on that main card outside of the main event and given woodley's history of poor buy rates I think this is going to be a stinker.

I don't have an issue with any of those fights being on a main card, but having them all on the same main card is silly. No draws and they are trying to get people to buy it :lol:

In the two free cards following this they have hunt, oleinik, arlokski, alves, manuwa, Santos, magney, cowboy o, lil nog :| , alvey, barao, Lombard, Muhammad, and ol' Ben Saunders. And a sleeper fight in rusty and Kajan and walking pert plus commercial Elias theodorororo.

Those fights are free, and this watered down barf card is a ppv. They easily could have swapped some fights from those cards and this one to try and build some interest.

This will have an awful buy rate, likely more people watching reruns of cops that night than buying this card. Seems like they filled the card after till and Woodley just to have it filled, there's nothing else there to draw people in.

Watching cards with casuals the wmma fights are the new job fitch fights, smoke breaks. Three of them in a row and no one is making it to the main event except die hard fight nerds.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:54 pm

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Oh Diego is done, no question but always fun to watch.

That should be a fight night card, it's garbage.

5 fights on the main card of a ppv and 3 of those fights are filled people no one is trying to pay to see. Five really but two of those are for a belt.

Woodley doesn't sell, till is only a name for us nerds. Same with zabit, as great as he is he's only known to us nerds. Till and zabit aren't going to make this sell, either will andrade, esparza, shevchenko, or Woodley. None of these fights have mass appeal and the card is filled with them. There's no draws on that main card outside of the main event and given woodley's history of poor buy rates I think this is going to be a stinker.

I don't have an issue with any of those fights being on a main card, but having them all on the same main card is silly. No draws and they are trying to get people to buy it :lol:

In the two free cards following this they have hunt, oleinik, arlokski, alves, manuwa, Santos, magney, cowboy o, lil nog :| , alvey, barao, Lombard, Muhammad, and ol' Ben Saunders. And a sleeper fight in rusty and Kajan and walking pert plus commercial Elias theodorororo.

Those fights are free, and this watered down barf card is a ppv. They easily could have swapped some fights from those cards and this one to try and build some interest.

This will have an awful buy rate, likely more people watching reruns of cops that night than buying this card. Seems like they filled the card after till and Woodley just to have it filled, there's nothing else there to draw people in.

Watching cards with casuals the wmma fights are the new job fitch fights, smoke breaks. Three of them in a row and no one is making it to the main event except die hard fight nerds.

Dude I could not agree with ya much more mr sir. I think in terms of us mma fight nerds, the main 5 fights are pretty solid. In terms of mainstream recognition it is horseshit :lol: Like you said none of these fighters have been proven to be a draw in any sense of the word. Till I am sure does well in Europe but in America his name is as unrecognizable as just about anyone else on the roster.

Especially with some of the names you pointed out which are booked next month, this main card seems very poorly constructed for anything but the die hard fan who already knows who someone like Zabit is.

If the UFC is going to continue to put fighters of this cultural relevance on cards, they should really keep the ppv price the same and add a 6th fight. Just my opinion. I do not see that being an issue for them and its a way to advertise ppvs without advertising the fighters who the casual fans know nothing of
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:56 pm

:pointup:
:beer:

I like the idea of adding a fight to the main card if they start them one hour earlier. Just bump someone else up from the prelims, I'd like to see the numbers on those fights. Seems like a lot of fighters fighting in fights that few ppl watch.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:13 pm

It's always fun to have more fights but Till beating down TWood should be enough for anyone. It will be epic for so many reasons. War Till!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:15 pm

hopefully dana can add BJ Penn in the card. .. maybe a nice contest against CM Punk..?

i think that CM Punk would be the slight favorite, at this point..

its like a D class amateur fighter vs a bald fat bum..

the D class fighter will propably win.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Im_Not_Surprised » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Darren Till KO RD 2 VIA elbows. Tyron's days as the "GOAT" are numbered. Woodly thinks it's a good idea to get inside on Till, going to find out quick that's a mistake with those gorilla arms reigning down from above.

https://gfycat.com/ThirstyHeavenlyCarpenterant
Im_Not_Surprised
White Belt
White Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Im_Not_Surprised wrote:Darren Till KO RD 2 VIA elbows. Tyron's days as the "GOAT" are numbered. Woodly thinks it's a good idea to get inside on Till, going to find out quick that's a mistake with those gorilla arms reigning down from above.

https://gfycat.com/ThirstyHeavenlyCarpenterant

hello mr Till. good luck for your upcoming title fight.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:hopefully dana can add BJ Penn in the card. .. maybe a nice contest against CM Punk..?

i think that CM Punk would be the slight favorite, at this point..

its like a D class amateur fighter vs a bald fat bum..

the D class fighter will propably win.

You mean the same Penn that knocked Siver out in round 1?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion