Close
Login
Register

T-wood won't fight Usman in a pinch

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

T-wood won't fight Usman in a pinch

Postby philphan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Tyron Woodley Won’t Fight Kamaru Usman If Darren Till Misses Weight at UFC 228
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tyron-wood ... 47242.html

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley is down to fight just about anybody... given a reasonable amount of notice.

Woodley is currently slated to defend his belt against Darren Till at UFC 228 on Sept. 8 in Dallas. Till is a reasonable contender, as interim champion Colby Covington was unable to take the fight because of surgery. Till is also a fighter that has had a few struggles on the scale. So much so that the UFC has apparently inked Kamaru Usman as a back-up plan should Till fail to make weight.

The only problem with that plan is that Woodley on Monday said he wouldn't fight Usman on such short notice.

“Me and Usman will fight at some point in time, and I’m with it,” Woodley said on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show. “I’m with it. I’m with fighting him, I’m with fighting Mike Perry, all these dudes I respect. I like a person who brings true skill sets to the table and is a true fighter. I’m with it all day. But I’m not going to fight (Usman) on no 24-hours notice.

"I’ve been training for a six-foot-three striker, a southpaw. Not a five-foot-ten poor stand-up. Negative. I don’t do what I do the best because I wing s--t. I train, I prepare, I strategize. I break my opponent down to a molecule and I drown them. I leave them empty, I take away all their best gifts, and then I snipe them. I’m not going to switch it up in five minutes."

If nothing else, Woodley simply believes that with UFC gold around his waist, he shouldn't have to fight someone stepping in at the last minute.

“I’m a world champion. I deserve proper notice. I deserve proper time to prepare and train for a world title that I worked so hard for. I’m not going to step in. I’m not that guy. Go grab f---ing Cowboy (Cerrone). I’m a professional, and I’m a champion. If (Usman) wants to fight me, it’s going to be on a full training camp. And I would gladly take him up on that offer.”
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: T-wood won't fight Usman in a pinch

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't blame him, T-Wood has already dispatched of Robbie and #1 contender twice. He beat Maia and he also agreed to fight Colby Cuttingthecheese and now he is taking another risky ass fight against Till Willhemakeweight? He needs to fight Nick Diaz next for some show money, these new entitled fighters that can't make weight don't deserve to be in the same cage with and ole school veteran, he has paid his dues. Now you got 30% Usman wanting to fight, they are all scared to throw dem hands with Woodley except for Robbie and Nate TRT2THEMAX Marquart, If Till makes weight he will fight just like he did against Wonderbread.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Tyron is black. Idk if that’s alright to say, but Tyron Woodley is black.
209 Stockton

dipset52
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Holy shit. I just noticed my accolades and the trophy and shit. Dude I’m hype.
Who did that?

Thank u that shits awesome lol. I sent that shit to all my boys hahaha 17-1 since April let’s go!!!!!!!! Hoping for that high score for the year come janurary!
209 Stockton

dipset52

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:02 am

If they book Woodley Vs Usman as a main event thats going to be a tough sell.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby Junior Dos Santos » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

Does anyone honestly like this guy?
"You gotta kill me in this mug"
ImageImage

2-0
JD-ICE - Elite 8 Tag Team Champs!!
Junior Dos Santos
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby PBells » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:57 am

Junior Dos Santos wrote:Does anyone honestly like this guy?

I don't like Woodley, Till, Usman, or Colby so WW is dead to me
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 pm

PBells wrote:

The top of the top at WW is annoying for sure.

At least the UFC has Mr Knockout himself, Al-Hassan at WW. 9-1 with a 100% KO rate :twisted: :twisted:

I know you hate KO rates that high
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:

At least the UFC has Mr Knockout himself, Al-Hassan at WW. 9-1 with a 100% KO rate :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: I hate to play devil's advocate but Woodley is the by product of Dana's fuckery favoritism with all of his inner circle fighters. Now you got fighters like Woodley and Nate wanting the same kind of push and they are getting painted in a negative light. Dana only tries to push his fav fighters for whatever reason, like Till for instance? Dana knows Till can beat Woodley so there you go even though he will miss weight.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Mr Meow wrote:At least the UFC has Mr Knockout himself, Al-Hassan at WW. 9-1 with a 100% KO rate :twisted: :twisted:

Oh yes! Almost forgotten they had traded a WMMA fight for Price/Alhassan on the 228 main card. I'd be okay with either of them stopping the quadrilogy of clowns at the top. :twisted: :twisted:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Shuck » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:31 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:I don't blame him, T-Wood has already dispatched of Robbie and #1 contender twice. He beat Maia and he also agreed to fight Colby Cuttingthecheese and now he is taking another risky ass fight against Till Willhemakeweight? He needs to fight Nick Diaz next for some show money, these new entitled fighters that can't make weight don't deserve to be in the same cage with and ole school veteran, he has paid his dues. Now you got 30% Usman wanting to fight, they are all scared to throw dem hands with Woodley except for Robbie and Nate TRT2THEMAX Marquart, If Till makes weight he will fight just like he did against Wonderbread.

Agree w/all of this.. was Cryon Enemy #1... but no more.

Wood should not be giving Darren Chill a shot after he missed weight that bad his last fight.. Chill is prob his #1 threat n the div & he is giving it to em.

A defending champ shouldn't be forced to switch opponents last min.. he solidified his position, should be his call no questions asked.. very diff then a Contender like Ortega who should have jumped at the opportunity.

Rooting for Wood to sleep that 205 er cuttn down to WW nose picker.. gonna be a real tough scrap tho.
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby yoseph » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:39 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:

:lol: :lol: I hate to play devil's advocate but Woodley is the by product of Dana's fuckery favoritism with all of his inner circle fighters. Now you got fighters like Woodley and Nate wanting the same kind of push and they are getting painted in a negative light. Dana only tries to push his fav fighters for whatever reason, like Till for instance? Dana knows Till can beat Woodley so there you go even though he will miss weight.

You cant compare Woodley to Nate in terms of getting the entertaining fighter push/money. Nate has been fotn or potn the most of his fights whereas Tyrone has been the 59.99 version of a dose of nyquil. Boring as fuck staring contest, fight for the win, Carlos Condit backpedaling without the kicks, type of tighter. He should be coheadlining fight pass
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 am

:lol: :lol:
 Tyrone has been the 59.99 version of a dose of nyquil. Boring as fuck staring contest, fight for the win, Carlos Condit backpedaling without the kicks, type of tighter. He should be coheadlining fight pass
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby Shasto » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:02 pm

I promise you Luke Rockhold deeply regrets fighting Bisping on short notice, after spending his entire camp preparing for an All American wrestler.

Frankie lost his title shot when he chose to fight T City on short notice. If you see T City wasn't willing to take the same gamble.

MMA has changed because so many fighters have learned how you can do the UFC a favor and it will go unnoticed. Have to look out for number 1 or you will get played.
Shasto
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:48 pm

dipset52 wrote:Holy shit. I just noticed my accolades and the trophy and shit. Dude I’m hype.
Who did that?

Thank u that shits awesome lol. I sent that shit to all my boys hahaha 17-1 since April let’s go!!!!!!!! Hoping for that high score for the year come janurary!

I magine how succesfull u could be at betting if you didn't do outrageous parlays of 5 and 6 fights. :idea: :idea:

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion