Close
Login
Register

Which rounds did Cejudo win?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Which rounds did Cejudo win?

Postby willis » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:08 am

Hey folks, long time no shit talk. Just watched 227 last night and the DJ vs HC fight was HELLA tight but I still had it for DJ. So I was wondering what my fellow mouth breathers thought.

I had it:

1, 2, 3 - DJ
4, 5 - HC

What say you friends?
ImageImage

Mousasi was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's favorite middleweight fighter. I should have known better than to bet against the Hoff. He is the GOAT. Meow Meow indeed

1-1 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Which rounds did Cejudo win?

Postby ebickmeyer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 am

What is strange to me is that Cejudo was getting the better of MM in the later rounds. I guess because MM had an even tougher weight cut than Cejudo but even so MM has never shown to have bad cardio and didn't seem to be slowing down in the fight.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby SitBackAndWatch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

I wasnt 100% on it but, if he won I thought, 2, 4, 5
SitBackAndWatch
White Belt
White Belt

Postby philphan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 am

It seems the judges gave him every round he scored a take down and held him down for a little bit. After watching it again I'm wondering if round 1 was a 10-8 for MM with those legs kicks. I mean the one kick to the foot left Cejudo almost unable to continue. I do think Cejudo got the best of him in the later rounds and MM seemed to fade a little. MM could have done more to win and I'm glad to see the division get shaken up a bit, It really needed it.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:20 am

Mighty Mouse won 1, 2 and 3 pretty clearly I thought.

4 and 5 were close. 4 I gave to Cejudo, would have to rewatch 5

Why on earth people would give Cejudo 3 rounds is beyond me. Have we not moved passed over valuing takedowns with 0 submission threat or effective ground and pound so highly?

"Yeah sure Johnson might have outstruck him soundly with strikes to the face, body and legs for 3 minutes and 44 seconds of that round, but man that takedown Cejudo landed where he ended up pinching DJ down in half guard without ever passing, threatening with a submission or landing ground and pound really swayed my opinion on who won that round" - the logic behind giving Cejudo any of rounds 1 2 or 3

I get people like to shit on DJ on here, which is fine, but being objective with that fight really is not that difficult.

philphan wrote:It seems the judges gave him every round he scored a take down and held him down for a little bit. After watching it again I'm wondering if round 1 was a 10-8 for MM with those legs kicks. I mean the one kick to the foot left Cejudo almost unable to continue. I do think Cejudo got the best of him in the later rounds and MM seemed to fade a little. MM could have done more to win and I'm glad to see the division get shaken up a bit, It really needed it.

Yeah applying the new 10-8 round criteria unilaterally would end up with that round being 10-8. He almost ended it with a strike, so what it was a low kick, and out landed Cejduo like 31-5 or some shit overall. If it was a punch which wobbled Cejudo and not a low kick which fucked up his ankle for awhile, it would have been a 10-8

The judges basically appeared to have 0 clue how to judge low kicks and body kicks, which is weird because common sense says they are damaging strikes. I guess when the Cecil Peoples guide to judging is your bible though things are a bit different in your perspective.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby willis » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 am

ebickmeyer wrote:What is strange to me is that Cejudo was getting the better of MM in the later rounds. I guess because MM had an even tougher weight cut than Cejudo but even so MM has never shown to have bad cardio and didn't seem to be slowing down in the fight.

I actually thought MM did slow down at the end due to Cejudo's smothering of him but Cejudo didn't have any threat, he just held on. MM did more striking while he was being pinned than Cejudo did hanging on to him. Like Meow said, the scoring system is so flawed still and judges can basically score however they feel like, giving merit to takedowns, meanwhile MM is landing more and causing actual damage (cuts).
ImageImage

Mousasi was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's favorite middleweight fighter. I should have known better than to bet against the Hoff. He is the GOAT. Meow Meow indeed

1-1 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Shuck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:00 pm

SitBackAndWatch wrote:I wasnt 100% on it but, if he won I thought, 2, 4, 5

this, the 2nd he edged out w/the takedowns and top control..

tho, as much as I don't really care for MM, still go w/the line that you gotta beat the champ by more than a split hair margin to win the belt..

very tough fight to score, draw seems right, mm should of prob retained, not mad at all tho

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I didn't get the memo.. the judges are being the same fags they have been since the 90s.

wrestling >> striking

Why?

It's beyond me.. But saying that.. I was sure that MM would lose while waiting for the decision. + reason...?

Cejudo tried to finish strong in the 5th.. while MM just tried to keep up.

i believe that MM gave the fight away so that the Flw division can live to 'fight' another day

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Ok I think I may have an explanation or justification as to why judges favor wrestling control. So not only was Cejudo stifling a lot of MM's attempts to get up but this also wore on MM which changed the complexion of the fight much like strikes to the body or even hurting a guy can do. Ok maybe I denied or wasn't sure MM was worn down a bit by the end but on second watch I noticed how his pace slowed down and allowed Cejudo to take more control over the fight. That's why wrestling control could give someone high marks.

Simply put. The exhaustion factor.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Shuck wrote:
SitBackAndWatch wrote:I wasnt 100% on it but, if he won I thought, 2, 4, 5

this, the 2nd he edged out w/the takedowns and top control..

tho, as much as I don't really care for MM, still go w/the line that you gotta beat the champ by more than a split hair margin to win the belt..

very tough fight to score, draw seems right, mm should of prob retained, not mad at all tho

I agree it reminded me of the Penn/Edgar and Rampage/Forrest robberies. . .
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm

DJ also got caught/slipped multiple times which looks bad in the eyes of the judges. To me it was a toss up. Watched the fight again and I could see how Cejudo won that fight. 1st round was DJs and that was the only round where DJ clearly won.

Make them fight again! Maybe give Cejudo someone next while DJ heals up. After seeing Cody shit the bed, maybe it’s best for MM to fight someone else first (Sergio Pettis).
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 pm

I thought it was pure robbery and looking at the stats and watching the fight again I dont think much differently.
Henry won round 2 but every other round was MM.
I thought the whole night was full of bad judging but I rewatched this fight twice and just do not see what the judges and mm detractors saw.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Bullgooseloony » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 am

Yeah that decision was bad IMO. It was closer than it should have been (WTF DJ?) But I don't see how Henrique won that fight.

Like shuck said, if you have to split hairs to figure out who won, the champ won. Takedown's don't win fights. Henry's hands were on point but I just didn't think he did he did enough.

I don't think it was a robbery when compared to the worst decisions. I put it in the same realm as Frankie vs BJ in abu dabi BUT this time I wasn't invested enough to throw a half full beer at the wall in my living room...if that makes any sense... :beer:
Bullgooseloony
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby KARHU-III » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 am

Out of 25 min there was 10 seconds of fighting in the very end. If you 'fight' like that you can kiss my ass. Don't leave it to the judges assholes.
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 am

Who cares who won what rounds DJ/MM lost that fight more then HC won it, could have gone either way but when DJ/MM pull some BS like that don't be shocked when the judges don't give the Champ the win that IMO he should have got.

IMO HC didn't "beat" the Champ to earn that win but when you leave it in the judges hands well shit happens & to be clear I think HC won 1, 4 & 5 in the eyes of the judges.

DJ/MM should have stuck to keep working the body with those kicks he was landing & HC would have crunbled DJ/MM had his number with those all night was just a matter if keeping up on em but to often we see fighters abandon the leg kicks when if they kept going would have gave them the win or easy road to it.

DJ/MM can now move on to bigger better things either move up in weight or move on cement that legacy with some more serious competition in other orginizations or gain a belt in another weightclass he has it in em. I feel this could also be good for the fans cuz we may see DJ/MM start looking to be a more serious finisher then surviour after he's done dominated the fight on the cards & no need to take un-needed risks.

Plus FFS after seeing the day of weight of both just shows more so this division should be scraped & these guys should move up to their proper weight as well as most of the rest of all these fighters playing the weight cut game.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion