Close
Login
Register

Danis picks McGregor to beat Khabib in grappling match

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Danis picks McGregor to beat Khabib in grappling match

Postby ebickmeyer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I thought this might get a few laughs. It made my day a little brighter. :lol:

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/8/17662672/ufc-dillon-danis-conor-mcgregor-beat-khabib-nurmagomedov-grappling-match-mma-news

When one would break down the upcoming UFC lightweight title fight between champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor, the advantage on the feet will be given to “The Notorious.” On the flipside, “The Eagle” automatically gets the edge once they clinch up and go to the ground.

But according to McGregor’s grappling coach and training partner, people might be looking past the Irishman’s grappling skills a little too much. For him, McGregor can actually defeat Khabib in a pure grappling match.

“Conor could beat Khabib in a grappling match,” Danis said Monday on the Ariel Helwani show on ESPN (transcript via MMA Mania). “I think if you put them in a grappling match like ADCC, I think people would be surprised.”

“Conor is a special athlete. The way he moves his body. He has the ability to move in certain ways and make passes and stuff. He’s a really good athlete.”

McGregor encountered some trouble when he faced Chad Mendes at UFC 189, where he was taken down a few times with relative ease. Danis, however, does not think Khabib will be able to do the same.

“Chad Mendes is a better wrestler than Khabib,” Danis said. “What credentials does Khabib have in wrestling? Maybe in sambo. Chad Mendes was second in NCAA.”

As for the stand-up fighting, Danis also pointed out how Michael Johnson was able to tag Khabib a few times during their fight at UFC 205 in November 2016.

“Michael Johnson caught Khabib. Michael Johnson is not at the level that Conor is.”

Khabib and McGregor will headline UFC 229, which takes place on October 6th in Las Vegas.

Always remember. Conor is sooooooooo fucking special. He probably makes Brian Ortega's ground game look like child's play. Guys like Jacare Souza, Demian Maia, Jake Shields, and Ben Askren look up to Conor and respect his unstoppable ground offense. If any one of those guys was matched up with Conor they would forfeit the match just to save them the embarrassment.

Spoiler:
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Re: Danis picks McGregor to beat Khabib in grappling match

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Conor has the most useless, obnoxious, douchebag clingers-on in MMA history. Other fighters and fans. :lol:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Renato Laranja would be the only person who could potentially out grapple Conor. You are racist if you believe Conor would be outgrappled by anyone else on the UFC roster.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Shuck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 am

PBells wrote:Conor has the most useless, obnoxious, douchebag clingers-on in MMA history. Other fighters and fans. :lol:

why so serious :lol:

poor bellsy, always needing to find an outlet for that anger
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby PBells » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

Case in point :P

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Shuck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

More Sex, More Hobbies.. May help.. But prob Not :P
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby PBells » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

PBells wrote:Case in point :P

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Postby jblaze » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Even if this stupid shit was true. Khabib's primary game is control and ground and pound. He usually only goes for submissions when his opponent is fading. So just because someone might be able to beat Khabib in submission grappling doesn't mean he would want Khabib on top of him.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Spiderman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 am

Wow what a dumbass
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard."

10-10-1 sigbetting record

FEDOR SUCKS!!!!!

War Anderson, War Showtime, War Hunt
Spiderman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: Sep. 2016, Nov. 2016, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Return to MMA Discussion