Close
Login
Register

Dana White on Eddie Alvarez: “Good. Fuck him.”

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Dana White on Eddie Alvarez: “Good. Fuck him.”

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:50 pm

If free agent Eddie Alvarez wants to leave the UFC, Dana White has ‘no problem with that’

UFC president Dana White respects whatever Eddie Alvarez wants to do with the probable last contract of his career, even if it means leaving the UFC.

Former Bellator and UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has had a distinguished career in MMA. 15 years, 36 fights, 29 wins. His last four years have been spent in the UFC, and he has fought a lot of the toughest guys in the division in that time. And it just so happens that The Underground King is now a free agent.

The 35-year-old is coming off a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier, but is still in a good bargaining position as one of the best 155-pounders in the world. And UFC president Dana White understands that. But somewhat surprisingly, while White would love to keep him under the UFC umbrella, he will also respect Eddie’s decision if he chooses to ply his trade in another organization.

He explained as a guest on the most recent UFC Unfiltered podcast:

“I like Eddie Alvarez. I like him personally, and I like him professionally. He’s at an age now where he needs to make some decisions for his family and for what will probably be the last contract he signs for the rest of his career. I’m in a place if Eddie wants to go somewhere else and try it, I’m cool with that. If Eddie wants to stay, I’d keep him here too.

“I told him that. I told him, ‘Listen, if you want to finish your career with me I would like that. If you want to finish your career somewhere else, I have no problem with that either, man.’ When guys get to the point where it’s the last contract they’ll ever sign, I understand.”

“At the end of the day, what we’re looking for here are young guys that want to be world champions,” White said. “Young guys that know they can be a world champion in the UFC. Or girls that know they can be a world champion in the UFC. If you feel that you can’t be and you feel there’s a better decision you can make at this point in your career for the last contract you’ll ever sign, I absolutely understand that.”

Alvarez (29-6, 1 NC, 4-3 1 NC UFC) should have plenty of suitors on the free agent market. He made his name in Bellator as a two-time champion, and had an extended run in Asia before that so he’s well known around the world. There are still plenty of great matchups for him in the UFC if he stays, but the idea of a third fight with Michael Chandler has plenty of upside as well.

WAR BELLATOR

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Re: Dana White on Eddie Alvarez: “Good. Fuck him.”

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Actually I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Askren fight as well.

I imagine Bellator will make the best offer though.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Man fuck that referee.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 am

DeceptaCon wrote:Man fuck that referee.

There are 2 constants in this world..

99.999% of people are retards
99.999% of the times I will agree with Brick.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Jon Jones, Amanda Nunes. Charles Oliveira, Thiago Santos

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby dipset52 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 am

I Didn’t have a dog in the alverez poirer fight. So without really caring too much, I didnt mind the stand up.

The knee
Eddies grabbing the fence
Raping his ears
Then the 12-6

That’s 4 fouls in less then 5 rounds from Edward.

Imagine if after illegal knee in the first fight, Dustin decided to keep fighting and got finished shortly there after.

It’s not the refs fault Eddie got knocked out. But it is definatly eddies fault for breaking the rules

That’s just my take. I could see why Eddie and company are pisssed but like they say.....

Good, fuck him
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

It's only around 50 percent. Most people are just put in circumstances so stupid that anything they do will appear retarded. Vote for Trump retarded. Vote for Clinton also retarded. Vote for a third party candidate and throw away your vote equally retarded. Don't vote even more retarded.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 am

Some of Eddies best fights and biggest victories (Kawajiri, Hansen, etc) were in Japan

Come home to Rizin Eddie. All knees all legal there :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Shuck » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am

dipset52 wrote:I Didn’t have a dog in the alverez poirer fight. So without really caring too much, I didnt mind the stand up.

The knee
Raping his ears
Then the 12-6

Imagine if after illegal knee in the first fight, Dustin decided to keep fighting and got finished shortly there after.

It’s not the refs fault Eddie got knocked out. But it is definatly eddies fault for breaking the rules

That’s just my take. I could see why Eddie and company are pisssed but like they say.....

Good, fuck him

Gotta agree w/dis

Sign w/Bellator.. he will make a few more bucks & we need the Chandler Trilogy
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby dipset52 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am

Shuck wrote:
dipset52 wrote:I Didn’t have a dog in the alverez poirer fight. So without really caring too much, I didnt mind the stand up.

The knee
Raping his ears
Then the 12-6

Good, fuck him

Gotta agree w/dis

Sign w/Bellator.. he will make a few more bucks & we need the Chandler Trilogy

Chandler trilogy :heart:
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:33 pm

jblaze wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

It's only around 50 percent. Most people are just put in circumstances so stupid that anything they do will appear retarded. Vote for Trump retarded. Vote for Clinton also retarded. Vote for a third party candidate and throw away your vote equally retarded. Don't vote even more retarded.

ok..i see that.nice thinking

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion