Close
Login
Register

The GOAT is going to Bellator

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

The GOAT is going to Bellator

Postby philphan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Demetrious Johnson ready to defect to Bellator MMA, win flyweight title
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/2/17642 ... -title-mma

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight champion, Demetrious Johnson, is not in any big hurry to move up a weight class and challenge for a heavier belt, something that Conor McGregor and Daniel Cormier have done before him.

Instead, “Mighty Mouse” would rather switch to a competing promotion and win the 125-pound belt there, as well, so I guess the fighters in Bellator MMA, ONE Championship, and RIZIN should be shaking in their boots.

“If I was to go out and collect all the belts, now that’s something that’s like, ‘Okay, I’ve proven that I’m the best,’” Johnson told MMA Junkie. “If I was to go to ONE Championship, win the flyweight division there. Go to RIZIN, win the flyweight division there. And then go to Bellator … win the belt there. Now this speaks volumes. For me to have every unique looking belt around the world, that’s what gets me excited if you really want to know. That’s where it’s like, ‘You have me interested now.’”

Johnson (27-2-1) is undefeated as a flyweight and the winner of 13 straight. After cleaning out the division, the promotion attempted to pair him off against bantamweight kingpin, TJ Dillashaw, but the bout never materialized.

That’s why we’re now into reruns and Johnson will rematch Henry Cejudo at this weekend’s UFC 227 pay-per-view (PPV) event inside Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. “Mighty Mouse” stopped “The Messenger” when they first went to war back in 2016.

Scott Coker ... where you at?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: The GOAT is going to Bellator

Postby PBells » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:27 am

I don't think Bellator has a mens flyweight division
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:02 am

Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Jump » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm beginning to like this Mighty Moose guy.
The linker formerly known as 'bringthepain' 2008
Jump
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby H.K.D. » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm

If he's the GOAT, what does that make Dom? The super GOAT? :lol:
RIP Lemmy #Lemmyisgod #Godisdead
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Lets be honest here the division is shallow as fuck it's about time UFC get rid of it already.

If MM wins & refuses to defend vs the winner of TJ or Cody just scrap the division let MM move up or move on. If MM loses fuck em let em move on & scrap the division.

IMO this division has 2 more worth the bother fights left in it at all the one tomorrow night & a possible super fight then time to put the shit show divison out of it's misery.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:08 pm

H.K.D. wrote:If he's the GOAT, what does that make Dom? The super GOAT? :lol:

They are a division apart atm. dom never fought at Flyeight.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Fuck this guy.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 pm

LOL Bellator won't pay him shit. He needs to move up and fight the Dildo no chin winner. Thats a sellable PPV which could put money in his pocket.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:33 am

The thing is MM weightclass will just never be PPV worthy & he doesn't help sale it either nor IMO would any of the other big names in the division that might more then him, so to a NA based promotion like UFC that is PPV driven just not worth it to em.

The big reason MM would do better in Bellator is sponsors he'd make alot more in sponsors in a different promotion & can't blame em the Rebook deal is terrible not only is Rebook just a worse sposnor then other similar ones on their level like Adidas or Nike IMO not to mention their cheap ass pay scale. The low pay scale I believe makes fighter not give a shit about supporting Rebook if they paid well & allowed some sponsors that don't compete with em to co-promote with Rebook would go a very long way at a still very low add cost to them to do. Rebook & the UFC has shit the bed very badly on the entire deal & it has gone long way to hurt em both rather then work properly to make all parties involved better money.

MM could do better going to Bellator, Rizin or OneFC to gain sponsors & get back to working more with Xbox / Microsoft not to mention his streaming they might even let MM fight with say Bellator & Rizin cuz am sure he'd could pull off a non-exclusive contract.

MM should be amped to get away from the UFC to move on else where & make even more money I'd figure then even what he'd get from a super fight.

Not to mention in Rizin or OneFC he'd have actually more competition to cement his legacy vs if he keep winning then the reruns or eventually sindicated title fights vs same guy a 2nd or 3rd time over.

Plus FFS come on men fighting at that weight is just ridiculous for any adult man.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby ryotostpierre » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:51 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
H.K.D. wrote:If he's the GOAT, what does that make Dom? The super GOAT? :lol:

They are a division apart atm. dom never fought at Flyeight.

Um....you do know that is Mini Mouse's last loss right? Title fight where he sprouted a contusion after Dom popped him with a knee.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby ryotostpierre » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:58 pm

The timing of his ascension never really let the division grow and draw more interest and because of the weight it was already a harder sell for some. He should leave and try to go to Coker and plead his case to be allowed to take title/super fight within the division in other orgs or on co-promoted cards. Coker was into it in SF and would probably let it fly again since he'll think he really has the best champ anyhow. MM moving on definitely could signal the end of the division though if the UFC doesn't think there would be enough intrigue in Benavidez/Cejudo/Dodson.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 pm

ryotostpierre wrote:The timing of his ascension never really let the division grow and draw more interest and because of the weight it was already a harder sell for some. He should leave and try to go to Coker and plead his case to be allowed to take title/super fight within the division in other orgs or on co-promoted cards. Coker was into it in SF and would probably let it fly again since he'll think he really has the best champ anyhow. MM moving on definitely could signal the end of the division though if the UFC doesn't think there would be enough intrigue in Benavidez/Cejudo/Dodson.

The division has been given 7 years to develop depth and talent. I say after this fight if Mighty wins, dissolve 125lbs and force Mighty to either face Dillashaw/Garbrandt winner for a new belt, or see ya. They honestly don't need him. He's never going to be a draw and there isn't any major orgs. with a 125lbs division to even consider co-promoting.

BTW, good to see you again, rytostpierre :tup:
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion