Close
Login
Register

An easy BJ is a win for everyone

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

An easy BJ is a win for everyone

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

B.J. Penn says he’ll fight again if UFC ‘gives me a guy that I can beat’
B.J. Penn isn’t committing to an MMA return — but on the other hand, he’s not officially retired, either.

The former UFC welterweight and lightweight champion was present at the UFC Hall of Fame red carpet event last week in Las Vegas, and it’s no surprise he was asked about the chance he steps foot into the Octagon again. Penn admitted that he isn’t sure himself whether or not he plans on fighting again — right now, “The Prodigy” has no plans, he said.

“I don’t know. You never know,” Penn told media at the event (via Severe MMA). “You never know what I’m going to do, but no plans, nothing scheduled.”

Penn (16-12-2) last fought at UFC Fight Night 112 in June 2017, losing to Dennis Siver by majority decision. The Hawaiian is on a five-fight skid and hasn’t won since a 2010 first-round knockout of Matt Hughes.

Penn, widely considered one of the best MMA fighters of all time, last reigned over a division in 2009, when he was the UFC lightweight champion.

As far as what it would take to get Penn back in the cage, it all comes down to who the UFC matchmakers find for him to face.

“Give me a guy that I can beat and I’ll come back,” Penn said.

Penn hasn’t trained much since his Siver loss, he said, but just recently got back into the gym.

“I wasn’t training for the whole time (after the fight), but I just started training the last month or two, because I get just so depressed when I’m out of the gym,” he said. “I gotta get in and work out.”

Day-to-day, Penn works at his taro farm in Hawaii and spends time with his family, which includes dropping his kids off at school and attending their soccer practices.

Whether or not preparing for a fight is added to his list of daily activities is still very much up in the air.

We so need a good BJ again, give him an easy one Dana. Just get him back in the cage man. :cig: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Paulo Borrachinha, Said Nurmagomedov, Julian Marquez, Paul Felder, Brad Katona
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: An easy BJ is a win for everyone

Postby PBells » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Matt Hughes 4

Too soon...?
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:52 pm

PBells wrote:Matt Hughes 4

Too soon...?

:lol: :lol: That would be a train wreck. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy fighters-Paulo Borrachinha, Said Nurmagomedov, Julian Marquez, Paul Felder, Brad Katona
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Shuck » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Feed him the Rabbi..

Spoiler:
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby AR15 guy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Give him CM Punk.
AR15 guy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm

AR15 guy wrote:Give him CM Punk.

:lol: Yes, it's a win win.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Give him Holloway in Hawaii. It will get canceled at the last minute due to Holloway not fitting through the door of his house. Ortega will then decline the short-notice fight of course but him and BJ can then put on a 10-minute grappling exhibition event so BJ doesn't get too pooped yet can still show why he’s the prodigy.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 pm

That's exactly what I came here to say. that will be a good farewell fight,if it is to happen.
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby OuchThatDidntHurt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:47 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

That's exactly what I came here to say. that will be a good farewell fight,if it is to happen.

I agree. How many more fights does Punk have left on his contract?
OuchThatDidntHurt
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

He had Siver dead to rights, on queer street I tell Ya! Problem is BJ only trained for a 2 round fight, that fight should have ended after Penn dropped Siver.

Everyone thought the fight had ended myself included I even changed the channel. Later to everyone's surprise after the celebration was over Penn was forced to contiue the fight into round 3 kinda of like Silva was forced to fight Bisping after he KO'ed him with the flying knee, the fight was already over.

A 20% Penn still hit Siver harder than a 100% Conor, just FYI.

Look absolutely no comparison :lol:

Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:20 pm

So sad they let Gomi before we got a chance for that rematch.
Sign Shinya for a 3 round fight and do 1st round jits, 2nd round a DDR competition in the middle of the octagon and 3rd round strictly standup.
Think that'd be the most watched fight in ufc history.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:16 am

[quote="DeceptaCon"]He had Siver dead to rights, on queer street I tell Ya! Problem is BJ only trained for a 2 round fight, that fight should have ended after Penn dropped Siver.

Everyone thought the fight had ended myself included I even changed the channel. Later to everyone's surprise after the celebration was over Penn was forced to contiue the fight into round 3 kinda of like Silva was forced to fight Bisping after he KO'ed him with the flying knee, the fight was already over.

A 20% Penn still hit Siver harder than a 100% Conor, just FYI.

Look absolutely no comparison :lol:

Image[/quote
After two rounds of Penn looking like a shadow of his former self. Siver forgot he was in a fistfight and got caught.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby jblaze » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:20 am

I was going to say something about CM Punk but even that might be too much right now.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to MMA Discussion