Close
Login
Register

3 tiers of UFC fighters and why they can't get their shit

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

3 tiers of UFC fighters and why they can't get their shit

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm

together

Tier 1

Fucking animals that will step in on short notice and fight any weight any where and fucking bring it every time, professionals.

Tier 2

Younger hyper athletic super skilled freaks of nature that constantly miss weight, pull out or just don't have the same killer mindset as their elders

Tier 3

The chosen talented hype train models that are put in place to attract a certain demographic and ultimately undermine the integrity of the sport.

The UFC is starting to lose all of their Tier 1 fighters due to age, PED suspensions and retirement so their business model must adapt to accommodate the Tier 2 fighters or else the business model will not be sustainable. Tier 3 fighters lack substance and longevity which is necessary to build a brand for 20 years.

My point is the UFC is fucked!
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: 3 tiers of UFC fighters and why they can't get their shi

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

Tier 4: Fighters that have achieved a certain goal in their career which they believe gives them the right to indulge in matchmaking fuckery without realizing the world doesn’t actually owe them anything and that everything will come crashing down at some point in their life when they find out there's no such thing as special sauce and they’re just plain mayo like everyone else.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 am

Need to go back to it being a spectacle, not a sport. Healthy does of tier 1 and 2 fighters.
KingOfPancrase
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby KARHU-III » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:Need to go back to it being a spectacle, not a sport. Healthy does of tier 1 and 2 fighters.

Drug free policy. Open the gates. :beer:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby TheMadTitan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:20 am

KARHU-III wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Need to go back to it being a spectacle, not a sport. Healthy does of tier 1 and 2 fighters.

Drug free policy. Open the gates. :beer:

#backtojapan
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 am

This negative view doesn't take into account the thousands of fighters training at MMA gyms all over the world. Also not all martial arts are even represented yet. There are a few more tricks that can be used in the cage that no one has done yet. So if there are hundreds of good fighters out there and the UFC can't take advantage that's their problem.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Josh summed it up beautifully. . .

Josh Thomson Breaks Down Why There Will Never be a Union

Josh Thomson has given his take on a possible union in the world of MMA.

Thomson, who is 39-years-old, is currently on a one-fight losing streak. Once Strikeforce was closed by Zuffa, he went just 1-4 while in the promotion. His only win in that stint came in his first fight back in the UFC over Nate Diaz at UFC on FOX 7 by second-round TKO.

He dropped two split decisions to Benson Henderson at UFC on FOX 10 and Bobby Green at UFC on FOX 12. In 2015, he then signed with Bellator MMA where he went 2-1 and has not fought since February of 2017.

This has been a hot topic for years but nothing has come from various fighter unions being able to get power from promoters. Thomson noted on a recent episode of his own Sammy and the Punk podcast, that he understands how important this issue is.

He also gave his take on former UFC heavyweight fighter Brendan Schaub having words with UFC President Dana White and how White saying negative things about his fighters is not the way to go.

“Here’s the thing, is he can hype you up in one moment for whatever fight it is you’re having, then if you have a bad performance, he can talk you down,” Thomson said of White (transcript courtesy of Bloody Elbow). “He could just destroy you and say all this sh-t about you. Because it doesn’t really make a difference because then, the next guy who fights could end up winning. He could build that guy up to be a star, and then that person will like him.”

“Not only are you crushing him when he’s down, if he loses one or two more, you guys cut him and he’s gone and we never hear from him again,” he added. “And then when you leave, you’re just a bitter old fighter, or you’re just a bitter fighter that is upset that you lost and you got cut. When in reality, it could’ve been something that Dana could have probably propped him up and said ‘Look, good fight, tough fight, I’m sure he’s a tough guy, he’ll be back.’ But we’ve never heard things like that come out of his mouth, and that could change a young athlete’s career.”

“I don’t see any way that there’s gonna ever be a fighter’s union, because that fighter now that (White) is talking about, he’s on Cloud 9,” Thomson explained. “He’s the one that is like ‘OK, now I’m in the good graces of Dana White, and I’ma do whatever it is to support this company.’ Whereas the younger guy, whoever he was hyping before is now no longer hyped, that person’s like ‘Man, how do I get back in the good graces?’ That’s all he’s thinking.”

https://www.mmanews.com/josh-thomson-br ... e-a-union/
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Dana has fighters by the balls these days and if you stand up for yourself, you're fucked.

Although he seems to have Conor under some kind of mind-control as evidenced by this video:

:idea:
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:00 pm

PBells wrote:Dana has fighters by the balls these days and if you stand up for yourself, you're fucked.

Although he seems to have Conor under some kind of mind-control as evidenced by this video:

:lol: :lol: for whatever reason Shuck will not believe this no matter how much evidence he is presented to him.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby 1098765432 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Oh most definitely witchcraft
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby Shuck » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:48 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
PBells wrote:Dana has fighters by the balls these days and if you stand up for yourself, you're fucked.

:lol: :lol: for whatever reason Shuck will not believe this no matter how much evidence he is presented to him.
Spoiler:

I was hypnotized my junior yr HS n a class trip, me and another buddy and a few others in front of the entire class. I remember it but wasnt n control, went from being a marine n his 1st day of boot camp takn orders from my buddy the drill sergeant to an nsync member singing by by by, and a tad more.. after it was over and we snapped back and woke up & show was over I played ping pong, swear to you it was like watching forest gump hit the ball, i turned into a prodigy for 30min, mind felt limitless, then it wore off and I was back to norm..

Long story short, I do believe in hypnosis, mind control.. mk ultra.. was Conor under control, maybe, don't think its completely out of the norm, some of the evidence can raise some red flags.. we are livn n an age that you don't know whats real & fake anymore, nothing is what it seems :thunder:
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:58 am

Shuck wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:

Spoiler:

I was hypnotized my junior yr HS n a class trip, me and another buddy and a few others in front of the entire class. I remember it but wasnt n control, went from being a marine n his 1st day of boot camp takn orders from my buddy the drill sergeant to an nsync member singing by by by, and a tad more.. after it was over and we snapped back and woke up & show was over I played ping pong, swear to you it was like watching forest gump hit the ball, i turned into a prodigy for 30min, mind felt limitless, then it wore off and I was back to norm..

Long story short, I do believe in hypnosis, mind control.. mk ultra.. was Conor under control, maybe, don't think its completely out of the norm, some of the evidence can raise some red flags.. we are livn n an age that you don't know whats real & fake anymore, nothing is what it seems :thunder:

A guy in my dorm at college got hypnotized and said the same thing but he had to be willing first. Some of the people on the stage were asked to leave because they wouldn't count down from 100 with their eyes closed. He was all sweating and shit afterwards, he was clucking like a chicken on stage and we got it on film. Its fucked up how he didn't remember.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Return to MMA Discussion