Close
Login
Register

Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Ferguson deserves his shot, but should really ensure that he is healthy before coming back.

I'm not a Ferguson fan, however I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby deadzone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Tony is the Real champ. Khabib isn't even the paper champ
deadzone
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm

khabib and tony are the consensus best two lightweights in the world right now. So yeah its the biggest match up. All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 am

I love him but dude’s fought 5 times in 4 years and cuts 40+ pounds. His biggest match-up is against his unwillingness to have the mentality of someone like Saku or Donald Cerrone.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 am

Fuck both of these pull out artists, at least Conor never pulls out, he just doesn't fight. This is why Conor raped the FW and LW division because fighters keep pulling out, he smelled the hole when it was wide open and grabbed it by the pussy.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby tsarlaider » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 am

Mr Meow wrote:khabib and tony are the consensus best two lightweights in the world right now. So yeah its the biggest match up. All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.

Nothing more to add to this Mr Sir

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Jan. & Feb. & Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 am

Tony vs khabib
Max vs Ortega

Same card
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

Mr Meow wrote:All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.

Honestly I'd say the time Khabib went to the wrong doctors and pulled out was the height of my anticipation. The time Tony tripped on cables was significantly less. Now it's almost this

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.

Honestly I'd say the time Khabib went to the wrong doctors and pulled out was the height of my anticipation. The time Tony tripped on cables was significantly less. Now it's almost this

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After his 22nd tear of his ACL Khabib finally says he is ready to fight Tony, as long as Ferguson does not have to pull out due to camera cables for the 18th time again.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Darklord » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.

YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 am

Darklord wrote:
PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.

YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.

Tony also never beat a guy holding the belt...so he is also a paper champion, and the real champ is Conor McGregor.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby PBells » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am

At some point, Conor + Tony + Khabib will all need to fight each other lest we never have an undisputed LW title again
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am

PainDog wrote:
Darklord wrote:

Tony also never beat a guy holding the belt...so he is also a paper champion, and the real champ is Conor McGregor.

90% of champions say they were never really the champ until they defended their belt. Kinda like how some UFC fighters do not feel like real UFC fighters until they get a win in the octagon

Quack Mcduck has never defended a belt in his life. Never even attempted to make a title defense actually.

the UFC is turning into boxing real quick with paper belts and interim belts and jumping weight classes without defending shit
Mr Meow

Postby PainDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am

Mr Meow wrote:
PainDog wrote:
Darklord wrote:

90% of champions say they were never really the champ until they defended their belt. Kinda like how some UFC fighters do not feel like real UFC fighters until they get a win in the octagon

Quack Mcduck has never defended a belt in his life. Never even attempted to make a title defense actually.

the UFC is turning into boxing real quick with paper belts and interim belts and jumping weight classes without defending shit

Conor has never lost a title defense in his entire career.

My point wasnt to try and justify that McGregor should be the legitimate champion, just the logical contradiction that some how Khabib is an illegitimate champion because he never beat Tony but Tony is legitimate despite never beating Conor.

In terms of quality of opponent...Al Iquinta holds a win over Lee...it was awhile ago...but Al is still a solid fighter.

So either both were legitimate champions or both were paper champs....
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Next

Return to MMA Discussion