Close
Login
Register

Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Image

Khabib Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Ferguson deserves his shot, but should really ensure that he is healthy before coming back.

I'm not a Ferguson fan, however I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.
Image

Khabib Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby deadzone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Tony is the Real champ. Khabib isn't even the paper champ
deadzone
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm

khabib and tony are the consensus best two lightweights in the world right now. So yeah its the biggest match up. All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10704
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 am

I love him but dude’s fought 5 times in 4 years and cuts 40+ pounds. His biggest match-up is against his unwillingness to have the mentality of someone like Saku or Donald Cerrone.
Spoiler:





Spoiler:




User avatar
hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 13570
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 am

Fuck both of these pull out artists, at least Conor never pulls out, he just doesn't fight. This is why Conor raped the FW and LW division because fighters keep pulling out, he smelled the hole when it was wide open and grabbed it by the pussy.
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ
 
Posts: 16818
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby tsarlaider » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 am

Mr Meow wrote:khabib and tony are the consensus best two lightweights in the world right now. So yeah its the biggest match up. All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.


Nothing more to add to this Mr Sir
Image

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
User avatar
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Jan 2017, June 2017, Jan 2018, Feb 2018, Mar 2018, Apr 2019, May 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2016, Aug 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan 2016

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby dipset52 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 am

Tony vs khabib
Max vs Ortega

Same card
209 Stockton
Image

Image
User avatar
dipset52
Skrap Pack Member
 
Posts: 5563
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

Mr Meow wrote:All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.


Honestly I'd say the time Khabib went to the wrong doctors and pulled out was the height of my anticipation. The time Tony tripped on cables was significantly less. Now it's almost this

Image
Spoiler:





Spoiler:




User avatar
hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 13570
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:All the bs and last minute pullouts from both has strengthened the want to finally see this fight if nothing else.


Honestly I'd say the time Khabib went to the wrong doctors and pulled out was the height of my anticipation. The time Tony tripped on cables was significantly less. Now it's almost this

Image





:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After his 22nd tear of his ACL Khabib finally says he is ready to fight Tony, as long as Ferguson does not have to pull out due to camera cables for the 18th time again.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10704
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby Darklord » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.


YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.
User avatar
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 am

Darklord wrote:
PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.


YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.


Tony also never beat a guy holding the belt...so he is also a paper champion, and the real champ is Conor McGregor.
Image

Khabib Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PBells » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am

At some point, Conor + Tony + Khabib will all need to fight each other lest we never have an undisputed LW title again
User avatar
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 40261
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am

PainDog wrote:
Darklord wrote:
PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.


YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.


Tony also never beat a guy holding the belt...so he is also a paper champion, and the real champ is Conor McGregor.


90% of champions say they were never really the champ until they defended their belt. Kinda like how some UFC fighters do not feel like real UFC fighters until they get a win in the octagon

Quack Mcduck has never defended a belt in his life. Never even attempted to make a title defense actually.

the UFC is turning into boxing real quick with paper belts and interim belts and jumping weight classes without defending shit
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10704
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Khabib refers to Ferguson as still "biggest match up"

Postby PainDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am

Mr Meow wrote:
PainDog wrote:
Darklord wrote:
PainDog wrote: I felt he was wrongly stripped of the title and I really hope he gets healthy.


YES. Tony never lost and Khabib never beat a guy holding the belt. The current Lightweight Championship is in "paper status" right now.
Good for Khabib recognizing his status can ONLY be legitimized by facing Tony Fergusen.


Tony also never beat a guy holding the belt...so he is also a paper champion, and the real champ is Conor McGregor.


90% of champions say they were never really the champ until they defended their belt. Kinda like how some UFC fighters do not feel like real UFC fighters until they get a win in the octagon

Quack Mcduck has never defended a belt in his life. Never even attempted to make a title defense actually.

the UFC is turning into boxing real quick with paper belts and interim belts and jumping weight classes without defending shit


Conor has never lost a title defense in his entire career.

My point wasnt to try and justify that McGregor should be the legitimate champion, just the logical contradiction that some how Khabib is an illegitimate champion because he never beat Tony but Tony is legitimate despite never beating Conor.

In terms of quality of opponent...Al Iquinta holds a win over Lee...it was awhile ago...but Al is still a solid fighter.

So either both were legitimate champions or both were paper champs....
Image

Khabib Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users