Close
Login
Register

Holloway possibly ‘water poisoned

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Holloway possibly ‘water poisoned

Postby philphan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:20 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:So he was "water poisoned" huh?

Did he drink Machida's piss?

:lol:
OR

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby deadzone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

slevin wrote:I dont see the issue with Ortega declining the fight with Stephens. Ortega prepared for Holloway a tall lanky combination striker with good boxing.

Not a shorter power puncher. Besides I much rather see the two best featherweights Duke it out.

The issue is the only reason he's in this position is because Frankie had the balls to do exactly what he's scared to do.

For all the shit connor gets, he would have taken that fight in a heartbeat if his opponent dropped out. Same with frankie.
deadzone
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby deadzone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 pm

dipset52 wrote:
deadzone wrote:
dipset52 wrote:
deadzone wrote:Fuck Ortega. Send his ass to the back of the line.

Yes!!!!!!

Aldo Holloway 3 !!! That’s the fight I wAnna see

:lol: No! Max needs to take his big ass up to 155 even 170. Without his huge ass size adv he ain't as good as people think.

I agree with that. Just not with Ortega going to the back of the line.

We need him lol

Should he have accepted the Stevens fight? Maybe maybe not.

Def should have accepted. Only reason he's getting a tittle shot is because Frankie gave him the exact same opportunity just the previous fight
deadzone
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Darklord » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Shuck wrote:So Ortega is now calling for the opportunity that he had handed to him this past Sat Night but refused to take advantage of?..

Is this mma real life :-?

Ortega bitched out like Jones with Sonnen. Dude claimed he was an anywhere, anytime kind of guy...and then ran when shit hit the fan. It is what it is I guess.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby ebickmeyer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm

philphan wrote:
ebickmeyer wrote:So he was "water poisoned" huh?

Did he drink Machida's piss?

OR

3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby WestCoastKilla » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:Image

I hope anyone that's so scared of a fair fight that they have to cut 50 pounds gets mildly poisoned and cut from the roster.

Spoiler:

Honestly, it's opinions such as this that really keep me coming back to this site. Couldn't have said it better myself. :beer:
Cut the head from the devil and let the body burn.
WestCoastKilla
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 am

WestCoastKilla wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:Image

I hope anyone that's so scared of a fair fight that they have to cut 50 pounds gets mildly poisoned and cut from the roster.

Spoiler:

Honestly, it's opinions such as this that really keep me coming back to this site. Couldn't have said it better myself. :beer:

You’re a man of the truth and the truth is what binds Linker. Fedor binds us as well. Fedor is the truth though so I guess I’m just rambling.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby slevin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm

deadzone wrote:
slevin wrote:I dont see the issue with Ortega declining the fight with Stephens. Ortega prepared for Holloway a tall lanky combination striker with good boxing.

Not a shorter power puncher. Besides I much rather see the two best featherweights Duke it out.

The issue is the only reason he's in this position is because Frankie had the balls to do exactly what he's scared to do.

For all the shit connor gets, he would have taken that fight in a heartbeat if his opponent dropped out. Same with frankie.

Funny enough Conor doesnt want anything to do with Frankie, and that is why Conor lost to Diaz the first time, because of lack of preparation. Honestly Ortega is deserving of his title shot, regardless of the win over Frankie he is undefeated, Frankie has wins over Stephens and Rodriguez. Ortega has a better win streak and solidified it when he beat Frankie. Brian shouldnt have to step up for an interim title when he is the no. 1 contender. He will fight Max sometime soon, it is ridiculous how fans react to Ortega declining Stephens, when he wants to fight for the real title against the real champion.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby ebickmeyer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Yes I agree with Hawdrigoh on Brian Ortega. I was pretty disappointed with his attitude over a very short notice replacement. I thought this guy was a true to life, stone cold killer, badass but he pussed out because he didn't want to risk losing his title shot if he lost.

On the other hand we have Khabib who accepted a fight with Al Iaquinta at the very last minute with no questions asked. Khabib is a legit fucking savage that gives no fucks. He's not the businessman type that I'm starting to get kind of annoyed with in some of these fighters.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby Shuck » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm

slevin wrote:
deadzone wrote:

Funny enough Conor doesnt want anything to do with Frankie, and that is why Conor lost to Diaz the first time, because of lack of preparation. Honestly Ortega is deserving of his title shot, regardless of the win over Frankie he is undefeated, Frankie has wins over Stephens and Rodriguez. Ortega has a better win streak and solidified it when he beat Frankie. Brian shouldnt have to step up for an interim title when he is the no. 1 contender. He will fight Max sometime soon, it is ridiculous how fans react to Ortega declining Stephens, when he wants to fight for the real title against the real champion.

Conor may have lost the battle in that fight but if you step back & look @ what taking Diaz on short notice did for his career then that L paid itself back 10 folds... & by 10 folds I mean 100million n the bank+... & counting.

Its simple why Ortega should of taken the fight from either angle.

A. Karma; he was granted the same opportunity by a vet & he should of given another vet the same opportunity he was granted
B. Business: taking a fight like that on short notice does wonders for one's career; even if he lost; i.e Conor vs Nate above
C. Legacy: see B.

Ortega fucked up.. bad.. he can justify it now all he wants but he will realize that he missed out on a huge opportunity.

oh.. Conor fought anyone that he was offered, short notice or long, wrestler or striker.. UFC kept Frankie away from him, deez are the facts
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby slevin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:Yes I agree with Hawdrigoh on Brian Ortega. I was pretty disappointed with his attitude over a very short notice replacement. I thought this guy was a true to life, stone cold killer, badass but he pussed out because he didn't want to risk losing his title shot if he lost.

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby blackmetalcarson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

It's probably for the better that Ortega isn't the current champion. This business with refusing short notice fights makes me think he'd be the type to pick and choose fights if he became champion. He's in the position he's even in, because someone else did the same thing he's refusing to do. Fuck him, his mother, his grandmother, and anyone else responsible for his existence.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:53 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:It's probably for the better that Ortega isn't the current champion. This business with refusing short notice fights makes me think he'd be the type to pick and choose fights if he became champion. He's in the position he's even in, because someone else did the same thing he's refusing to do. Fuck him, his mother, his grandmother, and anyone else responsible for his existence.

Yeah I love watching Ortega fight, but this is total BS and hypercritical of him for sure. Between this and getting busted for peds then crying whenever he is asked about it, Ortega is losing some serious steam with me.

He is a lot of fun to watch fight though.

Ortega not recognizing the fact he was given an opportunity on short notice, but refused to do the same for someone else, is up there with Conor never even attempting to defend a title but not understanding if the champs had done the same thing he would not have had a title shot himself.

I really hope the UFC keeps this bullshit up and more guys sign with Rizin. Hopefully Rizin straight up buys out Bellaturd and all that talent and we can finally see some legit no BS attached mma like back in the days when the UFC had to compete directly with Pride.
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby dipset52 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

T city show no pity.

Glad he didn’t take the fight.

Fuck Dana, fuck the ufc, fuck Holloway.

Seems like people on this site really hate Ortega now. All for not taking the fight on 3 days notice on an already stacked card? An undefeated fighter who was fighting for his first ever title shot. The guy accepted to fight khabib. He took the Frankie fight. If Frankie would have said no to t city and just waited for max I doubt he’d catch this much shit. It’s not like the card was weak as fuck and he didn’t step up to save it. This card needed no saving.

Edgar’s fighting the Korean zombie btw

I guess people will be pretty pisssy when he breaks Holloway arm and neck.

Or maybe max knocks him out and I’ll be the pisssy one. (Won’t happen)
209 Stockton

dipset52
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion