Close
Login
Register

Meow must not be up yet

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Meow must not be up yet

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/10/17551566/one-championship-promote-boxing-match-headlined-srisaket-sor-rungvisai-mma-news

The man who dethroned “Chocolatito” will now be headlining in his home country under the ONE Championship banner.

ONE Championship’s return to Thailand is going to be headlined not by an MMA fight, but a world championship boxing match.
In a press conference on Monday, the Asian MMA promotion announced ONE: Kingdom of Heroes will take place on October 6th in the Thai capital of Bangkok. The main event will be a WBC super-flyweight (115 lbs) title defense by Thailand’s own Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (45-4-1, 40 KOs), against an opponent to be determined.
“I am happy and honored to take part in this historical ONE Championship’s event,” Sor Rungvisai said. “I was at ONE Championship’s event in Bangkok earlier this year, and it blew my mind with its world class production, entertainment, and fights. I would also like to thank everyone who made this possible. With ONE Championship opening its doors for athletes like me to showcase our talent on the global stage, it means a lot. This is a new challenge, and I love challenges. I am looking forward to defend my WBC World title belt in ONE Championship.”
Sor Rungvisai is scheduled to fight Young Gil Bae (28-6-2, 22 KOs) in a 10-round tune-up fight on July 21st before defending his title later this fall. He’s coming off a thrilling decision win over Juan Francisco Estrada in the main event of SuperFly 2, a series created by Gennady Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler, who sought to shine the spotlight on boxing’s smaller weight classes with themed events. There was talk of a rematch between Sor Rungvisai and Estrada for SuperFly 3 in September, but he was ruled out after being “in mentally bad shape” following the collapse of his longtime relationship with his girlfriend.
The 31-year-old rose to prominence with his controversial upset win over Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez in March 2017. An immediate rematch was booked as the inaugural SuperFly main event, and he flattened Gonzalez with a spectacular third-round KO.
Local MMA and Muay Thai fighters such as Rika Ishige, Shannon Wiratcha, Nong-O Gaiyanghadao, Yodsanklai IWE Fairtex, and Petchmorrakot Wor. Sangprapai are all slated to appear on this event. ONE already promotes kickboxing matches, but this will be the first time they’ve ventured into boxing, and they have an elite talent as the headlining act.

I gotta stop saying ONE can't keep surprising me because then this happens.
This is awesome and I am super excited to see how the lineup turns out and how this event plays out.
I'm not sure who they'll match SSR with but I dont really care, I am pumped to see ONE get the exposure that comes with a fight like this and I'm excited to see a fight like this get the ONE production touch.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Meow must not be up yet

Postby philphan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:07 pm

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok...this is awesome! I had not heard about this yet

He is a perfect guy to have kick off ONE's boxing. A Thai champ who is a legit p4p guy in the world right now. Sounds perfect

Dana is going to be so pissed when he finds out ONE copied off Zuffa Boxing by doing it before Zuffa has

Muy thai, Kickboxing and now Boxing as well as mma on ONE cards sounds phenomenal.

I can not wait to see its debut.
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:21 pm

All combat sports in ONE place hyuckhuckhuck
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 pm

If one can pull this off I honestly believe this could vault ONEs popularity yo a newfound height.
I really enjoy Choco and was blown away by the upset SSR(who the fuck cares to spell that name) pulled off.
The kickboxers they've announced for this card could get some great promotion and it could set a great precedent for having more mixed boxing/kickboxing cards especially overseas.
This gets me super moist in the loins and I expect it to be spectacular as ONE truly rarely disappoints.
Thought more people would be excited, Meow, I blame you, you should have spotted this before anyone.
Except maybe Slevin.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 am

Lol I saw it on Twitter. ONE is so bizarre.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion