Close
Login
Register

Who is man enough to admit they were wrong

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who is man enough to admit they were wrong

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:56 pm

about picking Stipe to win and say something nice about DC?

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Paulo Borrachinha, Said Nurmagomedov, Julian Marquez, Paul Felder, Brad Katona
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Who is man enough to admit they were wrong

Postby ebickmeyer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 am

Ok yes. I was waaaaay off the mark on that one.

I did not see Daniel Cormier doing that to Stipe Miocic. DC has some serious power at HW. He's got that stout fat guy power like Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt.

DC is up there as on of the pound for pound greatest of all time fighters.

DC is a well respected family man. A nice dude too. A humble champ.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion

Postby JonB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:55 am

I thought Stipe would win in the standup (plus the fight), and DC would win the grappling portion. I was wrong about every facet. :lol:
I never hated DC, and his time in Strikeforce was impressive. Occasionally I wanted fighters to beat him, but it was more that I was just a bigger fan of them. Lately I've been more on his side after Jones screwed up, and because people don't give him enough credit. He's had a few boring fights here and there, but also plenty of good wins over great names. He's a great fighter who has overcome a lot of adversity. I think he uses his wrestling better than a lot of people to set up finishes as well. Mostly humble, and hasn't said or done anything I consider over the line. He's better than most fighters past and present.

Top 5 LHW? Easy.
Top 5 HW? Maybe.
Top 5 P4P? Definitely if he beats the Bork. Top 2 if he somehow gets back at Jones. :P
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:27 am

I predicted Cormier would win, and even the fact he won by knockout doesnt surprise me.

I've recently been somewhat putting DC down but that was mostly to get Shuck going a little bit.

He isn't the best of all times in any weight class in my opinion, but he is one of the best.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby KARHU-III » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 am

DC is a beast at HW. Much stronger than people understand due to his wrestling background. In mma he has manhandled and knocked out bigger guys than Stipe. The man has trained with Cain for years and that made me have the feeling he would wreck Stipe in the clinch due to his sparring wars with Cain. :beer:

edit

I don't think small framed HW's that are successful should ever move down to LHW. The sole reason of their success is usually their speed and agility advantage combined with their strengths and skill set. Moving down in weight they will now face equally fast and agile guys. Obviously it worked well for DC up to a certain point. He seemed to struggle with the big framed fast guys. Then we have the case of Fedor who got smashed by a much smaller but yet equally strong and arguably faster Hendo.

This is why I felt more comfortable with DC in HW. :beer:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby Shuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

PainDog wrote:I predicted Cormier would win, and even the fact he won by knockout doesnt surprise me.

I've recently been somewhat putting DC down but that was mostly to get Shuck going a little bit.

He isn't the best of all times in any weight class in my opinion, but he is one of the best.

I'd say that back fired a tad, ayyy :smile:

Regarding DC, was confident enough to put my account on the line.. this was a great style match up for him & Pain was right, he was letting Stipe do what he wanted the 1st couple of min, feeln him out, playn the rop a dop, he did the same thing vs AJ n the 2nd bout.. thats how he likes to warm up. & many just don't seem to get how good/effective his unorthodox striking really is. the Gus fight should of given it away.

On topic of shitting the bed: I picked Francis, had him over Stipe & BB, gdamn amateur hour, preached that he was the next comn of christ.. he makes me sick.
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~ :hand:
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:20 am

I usually cheer for dc to lose and cry.

But I picked dc
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby PBells » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:09 am

I had this going the same way as Stipe/Maldonado, but oh well. It's not like I've never been wrong in MMA before. :lol:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Jump » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 am

I was on the fence about who would win, although I was pulling for Stipe because I was a little annoyed at DCs confidence in looking past Stipe to fight Brock, but he showed us why he was confident, and I forgot he can bang in the hw division.
The linker formerly known as 'bringthepain' 2008
Jump
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby philphan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 am

JonB wrote:I thought Stipe would win in the standup (plus the fight), and DC would win the grappling portion. I was wrong about every facet. :lol:
I never hated DC, and his time in Strikeforce was impressive. Occasionally I wanted fighters to beat him, but it was more that I was just a bigger fan of them. Lately I've been more on his side after Jones screwed up, and because people don't give him enough credit. He's had a few boring fights here and there, but also plenty of good wins over great names. He's a great fighter who has overcome a lot of adversity. I think he uses his wrestling better than a lot of people to set up finishes as well. Mostly humble, and hasn't said or done anything I consider over the line. He's better than most fighters past and present.

Top 5 LHW? Easy.
Top 5 HW? Maybe.
Top 5 P4P? Definitely if he beats the Bork. Top 2 if he somehow gets back at Jones. :P

Well said.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy fighters-Paulo Borrachinha, Said Nurmagomedov, Julian Marquez, Paul Felder, Brad Katona
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby philphan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 am

PainDog wrote:I predicted Cormier would win, and even the fact he won by knockout doesnt surprise me.

:lol: That is fun sometimes. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby philphan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 am

ebickmeyer wrote:Ok yes. I was waaaaay off the mark on that one.

I did not see Daniel Cormier doing that to Stipe Miocic. DC has some serious power at HW. He's got that stout fat guy power like Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt.

DC is up there as on of the pound for pound greatest of all time fighters.

DC is a well respected family man. A nice dude too. A humble champ

You sir are a real gentleman. :tup:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 am

I was down with DC. Only bums picked Stipe.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
9th Professional Linker Victory
9th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Return to MMA Discussion