Close
Login
Register

Jake Shields beat into a living death

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Jake Shields beat into a living death

Postby PainDog » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 am

With the popularity of zombie themed movies and TV shows such as the Walking Dead and classics like Night of the Living Dead, Ken Shamrock's often mocked oxymoron aimed towards Tito...make a little more sense.

Maybe Ken was implying that he would beat Tito so bad he would become a zombie...a living death.

Plus according to Tito the sheer amount of injuries he has sustained, everything from a cracked skull to a broken testicle, makes him about one step away from being a zombie anyways.

As far as Jake Shields is concerned :pointdown:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/5/17 ... main-event

On Thursday night, Ray Cooper III came out for his PFL 3 main event against Jake Shields as if ... well, as if Shields had beaten up his dad.

As it turns out, Shields did in fact beat Cooper’s father, Ray Cooper Jr., in a 2004 bout in Hawaii. Fifteen years later, Cooper got family revenge with a dominant performance in a second-round TKO win over the former Strikeforce champion.

The time of the stoppage in the welterweight main event on the campus of George Washington University in Washington, D.C., was 2:09.

“I know I’m good on the ground, I know he’s good on the ground,” Cooper (14-4) said. “But I know what I can do with anyone in the game. Jake is a tough guy, been in a lot of big-time spots, but I know I could come out with a win.”

Cooper set the tone early when he clipped Shields (32-10-1) and opened a cut over his left eye. Cooper played a smart game, as he picked Shields apart in the standup, but also refused to follow the submission expert to the ground.

This pattern continued in the second until he rocked Shields with a left to the jaw that dropped him face-first to the mat. Cooper then unleashed a ground-and-pound assault until the bout was waved off.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: Jake Shields beat into a living death

Postby TFlock » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 am

He’s been a can since drug testing started getting serious haha
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby jblaze » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 am

It's not just the drug testing. He doesn't have the young kneecaps necessary to shoot a good double leg. His striking and clinch takedowns we're never that good.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kezzaman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 am

paul daley-esk left hook
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:09 am

:lol: He was the walking dead for sure, once he could stand again. This was ugly. :rip:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby TheMadTitan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:48 am

At one time I would have really enjoyed seeing that fuck get KTFO, but I just don't care anymore.

"Jake Shields?!? I rememba dat name...I think..."

Dude is Dark-Starred.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 am

Gotta say i enjoyed that beating.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Jan. & Feb. & Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 am

Jake fought his dad and went 1-1 against him like 14 years ago

Now the son with the tko revenge victory

He beat the fuck out of Shields basically that whole fight. Dude looked really good.
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am

Jake got his ass kicked. Could've made serious money last night as Shields was like a -1400 favorite and the Nurmagomedov cousin was around -900. :evil:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:23 am

PBells wrote:Jake got his ass kicked. Could've made serious money last night as Shields was like a -1400 favorite and the Nurmagomedov cousin was around -900. :evil:

That was a huge upset! Abubakar was doing really well. Landing a lot of strikes on the feet. Then all of the sudden out of nowhere in the second round the Ukranian Kusch dude lands an uppercut from hell and swarms for a choke

It was an awesome upset! Abubakar is a talented dude he will bounce back fine from this
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby dipset52 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:47 am

:evil:
209 Stockton

dipset52
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:51 pm

PFL made UFC look like amatuer hour last night with their matchups, commentating, technical prowess and camera angles. Did they have a drone in the cage or a ref cam, that shit was awesome. The gifs from Shields will be 4k baby.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bwawm » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Gotta say.....seeing him bounce his face off the mat may have given me a little too much joy

Spoiler:
Naaaaaaaaaah
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:33 pm

bwawm wrote:Gotta say.....seeing him bounce his face off the mat may have given me a little too much joy

Spoiler:
Naaaaaaaaaah

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially that last time he got rocked. dude landed face first initially :lol: :lol: .
Mr Meow

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
bwawm wrote:Gotta say.....seeing him bounce his face off the mat may have given me a little too much joy

Spoiler:
Naaaaaaaaaah

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially that last time he got rocked. dude landed face first initially :lol: :lol: .

I wish Shamrock had beaten Tito this badly :-(
KingOfPancrase
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Next

Return to MMA Discussion