Close
Login
Register

Al rages on Dana

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Al rages on Dana

Postby philphan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Al Iaquinta goes off on Dana’s weigh-in change: ‘His sense of reality is gone’

“Ragin” Al Iaquinta lived up to his well-earned nickname today, blasting Dana White on the MMA Hour over everything from messing up a proposed matchup between Iaquinta and Justin Gaethje, White’s thoughts on Mike Jackson, and his decision to put Curtis Blaydes vs. Alastair Overeem on the prelims of UFC 225. His main gripe, though, was with Dana’s unlikely claim that they had the support of the “majority of fighters” in returning the weigh-ins to the old afternoon time, a matter on which ‘there’s no debate’. Transcript via MMAFighting.com:

“His sense of reality is gone,” Iaquinta said of White on The MMA Hour. “It’s gone. It’s shot. It’s absolutely shot. It’s scary. Now he’s putting our health at risk. He’s going to move the weigh-ins? So why did you move the weigh-ins in the first place? Because, in his mind, he wants more exciting fights. How are you going to get more exciting fights? Give the fighters more time to recover, right? Which is also beneficial to us because it’s healthy. It’s healthy for us to replenish.

“Even though it’s healthier for the fighters, we’re going to move it back to the nighttime, because he interviewed a million fighters? I haven’t seen one that want it at night. So his sense of reality, you can’t — it’s almost like, you do an interview with him now, it’s not about the truth, it’s about his agenda. So, I’m weighing-in in the morning.”

Weight cutting comes with a lot of inherent dangers, and no one is quite sure how to curb a practice deeply ingrained in MMA culture. White’s decision is a reversal of an original change to Friday morning weigh-ins, to allow fighters additional time to rehydrate before the fights, typically on a Saturday evening. White wants to change it back to 4 pm after it became clear many more fighters (though still a very small percentage of the whole) were missing weight. White’s decision, which he claimed had the support of the majority of fighters, was thoroughly lambasted by many of said fighters on social media, who were overwhelmingly in favor of the morning time. White doubled down on his claim when questioned, saying the UFC had surveyed even more fighters in support, and anyway, the decision was not up for negotiation.

Iaquinta continued with commentary that claimed White’s management style had worsened since the UFC’s 4.2 billion dollar sale to WME-IMG, a sale, it is worth noting, that White vehemently denied to his own employees until it went public. Many of those employees subsequently lost their jobs in downsizing. White made over 300 million dollars in the acquisition.

“Lorenzo (Fertitta) kept him in check,” Iaquinta said. “Now that [Fertitta is gone], I think he’s going to run this thing into the ground, because now he’s just saying whatever he wants to say. No one’s keeping him under wraps. He’s saying whatever he wants to say. You’re just going to move the weigh-in? What fighter did you interview? He said, ‘We’ve got 550 fighter on the roster, we interviewed more than you.’ Eh, I don’t think so. I haven’t talked to a fighter that was interviewed or talked to about moving the weigh-ins back to the nighttime. I think it’s about him. It’s all about him. It’s always about him. And if it’s not about him, he wants to get right in there.

“He’s got one foot out the door. Just go, man. Go. Go. He’s done. He’s done. And I don’t give a sh*t. I don’t care. I know. I can see. I’m going to say it. I think 50 percent of the people don’t see it, 50 percent of the people are too scared to say it. I think everyone’s onboard. I don’t know, it ruins everything. Like, a fight with Justin Gaethje, there should be no hesitation. You should just make it work, man. Make it f*cking work. Right? That’s the fight you want to see, I want to see, I want to be in, they want to be in. Everyone wants to be a part of this thing. F*cking make it work, dude. Don’t go out there on an interview and say, ‘Oh no, it’s not happening.’ Make it work. You’re the promoter. This is your job.

“It’s like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich — you can’t f*ck that up,” Iaquinta continued. “CM Punk, he shouldn’t be a thing you can f*ck up. He managed to f*ck it up, because Michael [Jackson] won the fight and he’s talking sh*t about Michael [Jackson], and he’s got Alistair Overeem on the undercard when a guy, (Curtis) ‘Razor’ Blaydes, freaking knocked him out. ‘Razor’ Blaydes should’ve gotten a win on pay-per-view. He should be the guy right now. He should be upset. ‘Where am I? You put me on the undercard, I finished Overeem, and you’re talking sh*t about Michael Jackson?’ What’s going on? I just, I love this sport so much, it kills me.

“You were upset with the way Michael Jackson fought? You put a reporter in the fight. What do you expect?”

After saying it is going to get worse before it gets better- but it will get better- Iaquinta was asked if he was afraid the UFC would cut him for his involvement with Project Spearhead, an attempt to unionize MMA fighters headed up by himself, Leslie Smith, and ‘Ragin’ Kajan Johnson. Such a union could directly challenge this kind of unilateral decision making by Dana White and give the fighters a say via collective bargaining on the fighters’ behalf. Leslie Smith, ranked 9th and riding a 3-fight winning streak at bantamweight, was paid to not fight after her most recent opponent missed weight, then let go by the UFC in a move widely perceived as retribution for her attempt to organize fighters. Iaquinta, who has been in plenty of hot water with the UFC before, and has a second career as a real estate salesman, isn’t at all worried. (Emphasis added by me)

“Get rid of me. I don’t give a sh*t. How about that?” Iaquinta said, laughing. “I really don’t care. That’s the difference, is I don’t care and they know I don’t care. All the rest of the guys, they care. I don’t. So, cut me. I don’t care. The UFC doesn’t make me. I make them. We make them. That’s what no one understands. No one gets it.”
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Al rages on Dana

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

“It’s like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich — you can’t f*ck that up,” Iaquinta continued. “CM Punk, he shouldn’t be a thing you can f*ck up. He managed to f*ck it up, because Michael [Jackson] won the fight and he’s talking sh*t about Michael [Jackson], and he’s got Alistair Overeem on the undercard when a guy, (Curtis) ‘Razor’ Blaydes, freaking knocked him out. ‘Razor’ Blaydes should’ve gotten a win on pay-per-view. He should be the guy right now. He should be upset. ‘Where am I? You put me on the undercard, I finished Overeem, and you’re talking sh*t about Michael Jackson?’ What’s going on? I just, I love this sport so much, it kills me.

“You were upset with the way Michael Jackson fought? You put a reporter in the fight. What do you expect?”

:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
“Get rid of me. I don’t give a sh*t. How about that?” Iaquinta said, laughing. “I really don’t care. That’s the difference, is I don’t care and they know I don’t care. All the rest of the guys, they care. I don’t. So, cut me. I don’t care. The UFC doesn’t make me. I make them. We make them. That’s what no one understands. No one gets it.”

Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Iaquinta is quickly becoming my favorite fighter
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Well it worked, nice job Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTIN GAETHJE VS. AL IAQUINTA OFFICIAL AS MAIN EVENT FOR UFC IN NEBRASKA

A pair of hard hitting lightweights are set to square off in August as Justin Gaethje will meet Al Iaquinta in the main event for the upcoming UFC Fight Night card in Lincoln, Nebraska.

UFC officials announced the matchup on Wednesday evening.

The fight will serve as Gaethje’s second main event since joining the promotion as the former World Series of Fighting champion will look to bounce back after a pair of consecutive losses to Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier.

While Gaethje has suffered two losses in a row, he has still managed to win three ‘Fight of the Night’ honors in his trio of bouts since joining the UFC roster.

Meanwhile, Iaquinta will make his first appearance since losing a five round decision to lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov back in April at UFC 223. Iaquinta was originally expected to face Paul Felder on the card but a last minute switch put the New York native into the main event on just 24 hours notice.

Prior to that setback, Iaquinta had won five fights in a row including four victories by way of knockout or TKO.

Gaethje and Iaquinta will now both look to get back on track when they meet on Aug. 25 in the UFC’s return to Nebraska.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:49 pm

philphan wrote:Well it worked, nice job Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTIN GAETHJE VS. AL IAQUINTA OFFICIAL AS MAIN EVENT FOR UFC IN NEBRASKA

A pair of hard hitting lightweights are set to square off in August as Justin Gaethje will meet Al Iaquinta in the main event for the upcoming UFC Fight Night card in Lincoln, Nebraska.

UFC officials announced the matchup on Wednesday evening.

The fight will serve as Gaethje’s second main event since joining the promotion as the former World Series of Fighting champion will look to bounce back after a pair of consecutive losses to Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier.

While Gaethje has suffered two losses in a row, he has still managed to win three ‘Fight of the Night’ honors in his trio of bouts since joining the UFC roster.

Meanwhile, Iaquinta will make his first appearance since losing a five round decision to lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov back in April at UFC 223. Iaquinta was originally expected to face Paul Felder on the card but a last minute switch put the New York native into the main event on just 24 hours notice.

Prior to that setback, Iaquinta had won five fights in a row including four victories by way of knockout or TKO.

Gaethje and Iaquinta will now both look to get back on track when they meet on Aug. 25 in the UFC’s return to Nebraska.

Now this is a fight I can get behind :twisted: :twisted:

They should put Gatheje on ppv when they still have the chance though. He can only fight like this for so much longer unless he changes his style up
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:41 pm

PBells wrote:Iaquinta is quickly becoming my favorite fighter

Agreed.

Love how Al has set himself up to be proof if how unjust the UFC is with its revenue distribution.
Dana White should not have the means to even entertain the idea of backing such a huge financial endeavour such as a separate boxing promotion.
The fighters are who we watch, who we support and who made the sport for us.
You wanna know why we didnt get mad that PRIDE was backed by the Yakuza?
Because none of us gave a fuck and loved the fighters, not the investors and not the promoters.
You think any of us give a fuck about WME?
I regret knowing they're the ones who took the Fertittas from us.
The only person any of us miss from PRIDE that we miss that's not a fighter is the woman whose name no one gives a fuck about because if you call her screaming announcing lady people know who you're talking about

I don't want mma to delve completely into boxing territory but the fighters need a chance to separate themselves from the corporations and businesses they represent.
Al is a fantastic fighter and I hate seeing how removed from the sport he's become and his fight with Justin can only be fanfuckingtastic.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 am

SpeakEasy wrote:

The only person any of us miss from PRIDE that we miss that's not a fighter is the woman whose name no one gives a fuck about because if you call her screaming announcing lady people know who you're talking about

Lenne Hardt is still around in ONE Championship and so is the other great non-fighter Yuji Shimada.

Al's ranting is amazing though...
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 am

Me too.

And How good is Iaquinta vs. Gaethje!?!?!
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby ryotostpierre » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 am

Makes some valid points but I cannot get over how he is Colin Woodbury's shittier younger brother and Sera's love child with a long island stripper.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 am

Finally a fight Gaethje can win!

Hell yeah!
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby slevin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 am

bruins2012 wrote:Finally a fight Gaethje can win!

Hell yeah!

Al is going to sleep Gaethje badllly!!!!!
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:29 pm

slevin wrote:

Hell yeah!

Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:38 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
slevin wrote:

Hell yeah!

yep I agree
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm

PainDog wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
slevin wrote:

Hell yeah!

yep I agree

I didn’t use to agree but I think i definatly agree
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:10 pm

dipset52 wrote:
I didn’t use to agree but I think i definatly agree

Your petty personal feelings towards individuals are limiting your growth as a human being.

BTW this has nothing to do with MMA. Cheers :beer:
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion