Close
Login
Register

Weidman: I’m Most Decorated UFC Middleweight

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Weidman: I’m Most Decorated UFC Middleweight

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Weidman: I’m Most Decorated UFC Middleweight with the most title defenses’
Chip wants Whit next....

The chase for the next shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight title seems to be only a two-horse race at the moment between Kelvin Gastelum and former division kingpin Chris Weidman.

After all, Robert Whittaker can’t fight “The Boogeyman” forever.

If you ask “All American,” though, there shouldn’t even be a discussion as to who gets to face Whittaker next, as he feels his win over Kelvin should be enough to trump his fellow 185-pounder’s case, despite the fact that it was his first win in two years coming off three straight knockout losses.

“Obviously for me that would be the best case is to fight for the title. Fighting Whittaker, that’s a guy I match up well with and that’s a guy I feel I can go out there and finish,” said Weidman on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, while declaring that he is the most decorated fighter in the division, who also happens to hold the most title defenses.

“I feel I am the most decorated guy in the division, I’ve had the most title defenses. I had a rough patch, I went undefeated my whole career, I lost one, happened to lose three in a row. My mind, I felt like it wasn’t in the fight spot,” he said. “I came back, got myself where I needed to be, got my mind back and I went out there and beat one of the top contenders, Kelvin Gastelum. I feel like I dominated the fight and went out there and finished him. I feel like you’re only as good as your last fight and I finished the other guy that we’re talking about in my last fight. I think I definitely deserve shot at the title. It will be a good fight.”

While no one can deny his impressive wins over the likes of Vitor Belfort, Lyoto Machida and Demian Maia, unless Anderson Silva -- who is arguably the greatest 185-pound fighter ever with 10 straight UFC title defenses to his name -- has been wiped from the record books, the Brazilian bomber is still widely considered the most decorate middleweight ever.

For the record, Chris has three straight title defenses.

Of course, Weidman did defeat Anderson in back-to-back fights, knocking him out at UFC 162 and then defeating him six months later at UFC 168 after Silva suffered a gruesome leg break mid-fight (see it). So while he can and always will hold that over “The Spider,” is it good enough to pass Silva as the best 185-pounder ever?

About that three-fight losing streak he went through prior to beating Kelvin, Chris wants you to overlook that at the moment and instead focus on his whole body of work.

“If you’re going to start doing that, you are picking what is the worst look for me. If you’re going to go back, look at my whole career. If you’re going to start with my first losses, it’s going to look bad,” expressed Chris. “But if you look at my whole career, I’ve fought only the best guys in the world since I’ve been in UFC and I’ve done pretty damn good, have the most title defenses and I went through a little rough patch and I climbed my way out of it, I didn’t have any rough patches before that,” he said.

“There’s a lot of losses in Gastelum’s career that don’t look so good. We have one common, we fought each other so that answers the question. I went out there and I finished him, he had the same opportunity and he went out there and lost to me, so...”

Kelvin has gone on to defeat former champion Michael Bisping and Ronaldo Souza since losing to Chris. “All American,” meanwhile, hasn’t been able to compete since defeating Kelvin due to a nagging thumb injury, but does expect to return by year’s end.

‘Reaper’ Doesn’t See Need For Third ‘Boogeyman’ Fight
What say you, Maniacs, do you find any logic in Weidman’s thought process when it comes to his case for “The Reaper” title fight?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Weidman: I’m Most Decorated UFC Middleweight

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Chris, you are not at all even close.
I love the argument, let's forget about wins and losses and focus on my delusions instead.

There is no clear cut contender at MW, there hasn't been a better time for a MW tourney than now especially if the UFC seriously considered a faux LW tournament.
Especially to ring in the espn deal, it's a fantastic idea to build exposure to one of your more star stricken division, have the first 2-3 rounds televised than have a finale PPV.
Could do Luck,Weidman, Gas, Diaz, Silva, Santos, Branch, Souza, Machida, Tavares, Brunson, Hall, Costa, ACJ, and even though some guys have been blown out by others and some have had close fights it would just bring a lot of eyes and attention to a division seriously lacking in the boisterous talkative stars the two weight classes below do.
Winner fights Whit for the title and then we'd have a pretty clear understanding of how the top 15-20 At MW shape up.
Then once CC gets destroyed and Till misses weight for his title shot have Woodley take on the MW champ.
Utilize the contender tournaments sparingly so as not to over saturate and I think it could r3slly bolster views for the UFC and give some of these deserving fighters the attention and recognition they deserve.
Also get an incentive bonus similar to but not as grand as PFL, winner gets 100k and a trophy, each fighter with a finish gets 5k and an extra 3k if it's first round, 2 if it's a second round and 1 if it's a third round stoppage.
Fight of the night rewards stay the same as well.

But this was funny, Chris has taken some serious damage to the head and clearly needs a bit more time off.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:Image
I love the argument, let's forget about wins and losses and focus on my delusions instead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
wait for it. . .

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Fuck off, Whineman
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm

PBells wrote:Fuck off, Whineman

:lol: Chip is having a hard time pulling off the trash talk.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby yoseph » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 am

Not even close to most decorated MW, but he is making a solid case for most brain damaged MW.
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby Darklord » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby slevin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Darklord wrote:Image

speakeasy wrote:Image

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm

yoseph wrote:Not even close to most decorated MW, but he is making a solid case for most brain damaged MW.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dammit Yoseph you could not be any more correct :tup:

Meow!
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby slevin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:Image

Spoiler:
wait for it. . .

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Yea.. he defended his belt against Anderson - machida and belfort. 3 times.

And Anderson silva defended it against: Franklin - Henderson - Maia - Cote - Thales - Marquart... i remember 6(+ lutter).. so fuck you weedmein

Anderson silva is the best MW of all times, no questions asked..

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Wiedman can't even beat a washed up Marquart, if they fight no, I swear.

Nate the great is one of the greats, u kno?

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Chrick thinks he can go out there and finish Whit?
I mean if and I mean IF he can get Whit down and keep him there but I can't see that happening.On the feet could be interesting but Chrick would take some damage without a doubt and likley get beat up and lose.
Still a very interesting fight and could be a good title defense for Roberto.
And he might not be the most decorated but he does own the one who is the most.
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Yea.. he defended his belt against Anderson - machida and belfort. 3 times.

And Anderson silva defended it against: Franklin - Henderson - Maia - Cote - Thales - Marquart... i remember 6(+ lutter).. so fuck you weedmein

Belfort, Okami, and Chael x2 bring the total up to 10. :nerd:
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 pm

PBells wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Yea.. he defended his belt against Anderson - machida and belfort. 3 times.

Belfort, Okami, and Chael x2 bring the total up to 10. :nerd:

Fuck I'd put Rich before Weidman.
He beat Tanner twice, Lousieau when The Crow was more than just a big movie and he starched Quarry in such menacing fashion.
And he had the balls to come back from the Anderson mauling for a second one.

Honorable mention to Evan Tanner because he tried to fight a dessert.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion