Close
Login
Register

Is Rashad done?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Is Rashad done?

Postby Darklord » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:40 am

FIVE losses in a row

October 2015 - Lost Unanimous Dec to Ryan Bader
April 2016 - KO loss to Glover Teixeria
March 2017 - Split Dec. loss to Daniel Kelley
August 2017 - Split Dec. loss to Sam Alvey
June 2018 - KO loss to Anthony Smith

Doesn't look like Rashad's head is in the fight game anymore, to be honest I think Jon Jones took his soul....he was never the same after that loss.
The UFC has been giving him increasingly easier fights and he STILL manages to fall short, I like seeing him on the UFc Tonight desk, but would rather his stay outta the octagon for his own benefit.
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Is Rashad done?

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am

I hope so. He really does not have any business fighting anymore. Especially in the UFC. Anthony Smith is a pretty talented dude with power in his strikes but Rashad reacted to that knee like Dj Jazzy Jef getting thrown out of the Smith house in Bel Air.

Retire please. Your brain does not need anymore of this damage. He has not looked good at all since he tko Sonnen like 5 years ago.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby TFlock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

I remember he was taken off of a couple fight cards a few years ago and the rumour was that it was some sort of brain damage or something. I don’t know what that was all about but it makes you wonder if he’s okay.

I always look forward to his fights with the hope that he will have one more sick KO but I think he should be done now.

Legend status though

SUGA
August A League Team
Demetrious Johnson
Iuri Alcantara
Jason Jackson

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby 1098765432 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

It's a relative question these days it seems.
Is AA done
Is AO done
Is Vitor really done?
Imo none of these guys including Rashad should ever fight again just based on the number of beatings they received over the years.I know some of you still think they are relative.
Then again we have cm punk fighting on a main card so.

Anyone that loses to Daniel Kelly doesn't deserve to fight in the UFC.That being said Vitor vs Rashad anyone!
Arlovski vs Overeem 2?
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby AR15 guy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Somehow it seems that AA’s chin grew back.
AR15 guy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:34 pm

"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby philphan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Hang it up buddy. Be in the hall of fame and be on some UFC news shows. It's time.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:22 pm

He's been done for years but still fights.

He should hang em up though, 5 losses in a row? Not making a title run, too slow now and the competition has leapt past his level. No point in continuing fighting in hopes of a title, not happening.
He's also been on the undercard. He has looked terrible in each fight in the past few years. No one is trying to watch a rashad Evans fight these days. He's not a draw and he's not getting any big money fights after those performances.

No chance of a title shot, no chance of a big payday. Should quit and save his health, already has a belt and had an impressive career, head high and peace out.

Edit: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bloodye ... t-mma-news

Looks like Dana retired for him.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Return to MMA Discussion