Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

Stipe
8%
DC
10%
Blessed
6%
T-City
6%
The Black Beast
6%
The Predator
11%
Showtime
6%
Don’t Talk About Maverick’s Mom!
8%
The War Horse
3%
The Rebel
10%
Borrachinha
10%
Sorta Primetime
2%
Fancy Pants
11%
Platinum
3%

Total votes : 63

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:49 am

What next for Pettis?

Raging Al & Kevin lee come to mind.

Maybe a super money fight with Nate Diaz :roll:

Keep in mind his only wins in the last 4 years are

Chiesa
Jim miller & Charles Oliveira
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 am

dipset52 wrote:What next for Pettis?

Raging Al is a great option

Potentially the loser of the Gatheje Vick fight would be interesting too.

If they wanted to give him an up and comer, Dan Hooker is on a big win streak all finishes and would be a fun fight for Pettis
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:43 am

Mr Meow wrote:
dipset52 wrote:What next for Pettis?

Raging Al is a great option

Potentially the loser of the Gatheje Vick fight would be interesting too.

If they wanted to give him an up and comer, Dan Hooker is on a big win streak all finishes and would be a fun fight for Pettis

Ya hooker has been on a tare man. I definatly don’t see Pettis taking that fight.

He says he wants someone in the top 5 :lol:

Fuck it give him tony :P
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby slevin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 pm

I actually like Pettis against any of those guys. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting a top 5 opponent. He wants to get a title shot, what is the big deal?

I think Hooker should fight someone else though, Anthony and him should go on different paths to the top.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 pm

slevin wrote:I actually like Pettis against any of those guys. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting a top 5 opponent. He wants to get a title shot, what is the big deal?

I think Hooker should fight someone else though, Anthony and him should go on different paths to the top.

Pettis vs Al seems logical.

Pettis vs Kevin lee? Ehhhh I deff wouldn’t mind it.

It’s funny tho he said he thinks he’s 1 fight away from a title.....

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Nate
Eddie
Poirer
Lee
Barboza
Gaethje
Al
Vick

Dude Pettis ain’t fighting for shit any time soon. But if he knocks out or submits raging Al or Kevin lee...... then he’s definatly in business.
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby slevin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 pm

dipset52 wrote:
slevin wrote:I actually like Pettis against any of those guys. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting a top 5 opponent. He wants to get a title shot, what is the big deal?

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Nate
Eddie
Poirer
Lee
Barboza
Gaethje
Al
Vick

Dude Pettis ain’t fighting for shit any time soon. But if he knocks out or submits raging Al or Kevin lee...... then he’s definatly in business.

I think his point is that he is one good finish away from a title shot, and that the rankings don't mean anything. Getting the fans behind you, and getting exciting finishes do. Which he is right, Brock is going to leap frog Volkov and Blaydes, and both fighters are better than Brock, and ranked higher.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:28 pm

slevin wrote:
dipset52 wrote:

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Nate
Eddie
Poirer
Lee
Barboza
Gaethje
Al
Vick

I think his point is that he is one good finish away from a title shot, and that the rankings don't mean anything. Getting the fans behind you, and getting exciting finishes do. Which he is right, Brock is going to leap frog Volkov and Blaydes, and both fighters are better than Brock, and ranked higher.

Pettis is like 4 fights away from getting a shot, he can't get out of clinches and avoid wall n stall long enough to create space.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby macand » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Good night of fights. I've been here in Vegas since Saturday morning. Took the old lady to her first UFC event and she loved it. I put $100 on 3 fight parlay and I took Lewis Pettis and DC and won $2300. :moneybag:
macand
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Survivor, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 am

macand wrote:Good night of fights. I've been here in Vegas since Saturday morning. Took the old lady to her first UFC event and she loved it. I put $100 on 3 fight parlay and I took Lewis Pettis and DC and won $2300. :moneybag:

Nice. Glad you guys made out well!
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby robdogj » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

PainDog wrote:Are we going to ignore towelgate, DC has no problems with cheating he is just smart enough to not get caught.

You know what they say dawg, "you're not trying if you are not cheating & you're only cheating if you get caught" :P
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:01 pm

robdogj wrote:
PainDog wrote:Are we going to ignore towelgate, DC has no problems with cheating he is just smart enough to not get caught.

You know what they say dawg, "you're not trying if you are not cheating & you're only cheating if you get caught" :P

If DC would just not talk and just wink like Fedor he would already be GOAT. Its hard to look past all of the stupid shit he says, the chicken dance, the UFC company man towing the line act and his constant crying. Love him as a fighter but I knew there was going to be issues when he dropped to LHW just because of Cain. DC is a straight beast in the cage but corny as Hell outside for whatever reason maybe his sense of humor doesn't translate well, definitely comes off weird sometimes like Chris Carter when he is commentating NFL pre game shows. You cannot deny his talent and accomplishments in the cage and how he rag dolled Hendo and Barnett and toyed with Anderson. He definitely has many layers to his talent and is a true professional athlete and fighter but maybe its just him being hung on Jones is what makes him weird. Its like he just can't get his game plan going against Jones and nothing works, Jones beats him in the wrestling and the striking and he really shouldn't but he does.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion