Close
Login
Register

How good is Whit's Chin?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

How good is Whit's Chin?

Postby philphan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:31 am

Especially compared to guys like Luck Rockhold.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:twisted:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: How good is Whit's Chin?

Postby philphan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 am

Man can that kid take a punch. That shot would have finished a lot of guys.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 am

philphan wrote:

Especially compared to guys like Luck Rockhold.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:twisted:

The guy can take a punch no doubt but I think his hand being so fucked up is why fat Romeo was able to land so much.Whit relys on offense and breaking an attack with his own and that fucked up hand hampered alot of that.
Thats two fights where Robert had to battle injury and still prevailed.Dude is an amazing fighter
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby Gfish13 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Probably one of the toughest guys in the UFC right now. I also think his hand being broken was a big deal it's difficult to block with a broken hand especially if He indeed couldn't feel it up to his elbow.
Gfish13
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Mummra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:19 pm

I love Whitakker. How can you not love a fighter and a sandbox gamer hybrid. but Romero is champ in my mind after that fight.
Mummra
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby kezzaman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm

He's always had a semi-suspect chin ever since his 1st tuf fight when he got rocked in the 1st few seconds but he recovers fast and won by a nice KO. He reminds me of Robbie :tup:

"Aussie Robbie"

:lol:
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 pm

kezzaman wrote:He's always had a semi-suspect chin ever since his 1st tuf fight when he got rocked in the 1st few seconds but he recovers fast and won by a nice KO. He reminds me of Robbie :tup:

"Aussie Robbie"

:lol:

:robot: :shield: What a great compliment. This young Aussie is earning his stripes. I see him turning into a great champ. :gold:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Barring any injuries dude is the Ultimate Fighter, no holes in his game. I hated to see him take so much punishment because he could be a multiple weight champ fighter in the future if he stays healthy. He also speaks the King's English.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JonB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Good chin, and great recovery. But he was injured again during a title fight. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend, but it also proves his toughness even more.
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby kezzaman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 pm

JonB wrote:Good chin, and great recovery. But he was injured again during a title fight. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend, but it also proves his toughness even more.

you try hitting this without breaking your hand
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 am

X-ray reveals brutal cost of Whittaker's stunning UFC 225 win

Robert Whittaker has revealed the brutal cost of his breathtaking win over Yoel Romero at UFC 225 following a trip to hospital.

The Australian took home a $100,000 ‘fight of the night’ bonus after defeating his opponent in a split decision in what was more like the fight of the year.

He fought the final four rounds with a busted right hand, which by the end left him with no feeling up to his elbow.

And now an x-ray has confirmed the damage to his thumb

Whittaker, carrying an ice pack, was in an ambulance almost immediately after leaving the octagon.

As courageous as the victory was, the injury is a blow to the 27-year-old’s burgeoning career.

He is yet to officially defend his middleweight championship – he was forced to pull out of a defence in February, and Romero missed weight to downgrade their fight to a non-title bout – and now he will be out for some time.

Whenever the Sydneysider returns, respected Yahoo Sports combat writer Kevin Iole expects it to be a boon for the star fighter and the UFC.

Whittaker delivers, set for blockbuster future

IOLE: His victory featured a fast-pace and brilliant action was made all the more remarkable by the fact that Whittaker couldn’t use his primary weapon, his right hand, for most of the fight.

“In the first round, I busted my hand and I cannot feel it up to my elbow,” Whittaker said.

He absorbed huge shots from Romero, who is hardly a classic striker but whose sheer physical power puts a lot of wallop on his punches. Romero knocked out ex-champion Luke Rockhold in February, showing the kind of power that can end a fight in a blink.

He landed against Whittaker, but Whittaker took whatever he had. Nothing was going to stop Whittaker, even though he conceded he knew what he was up against.

“Yoel hits like a truck and I just had to try and survive and make the comeback,” Whittaker said.

Whittaker hasn’t been mentioned as a potential successor to Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey as the UFC’s biggest pay-per-view draw. Since Rousey’s retirement to become a wrestler and McGregor’s extended absence, the UFC has been looking for that fighter who it could put on a card and almost guarantee a huge pay-per-view number.

The talent level up and down its roster is probably better than it has ever been, but no one has broken through yet.

Whittaker, after yet another impressive and exciting win, might be on that path. He certainly got White’s attention, who responded to a question about Whittaker’s lack of a fan base by saying, “He’s got a lot of fans in Australia.”
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am

philphan wrote:X-ray reveals brutal cost of Whittaker's stunning UFC 225 win

Robert Whittaker has revealed the brutal cost of his breathtaking win over Yoel Romero at UFC 225 following a trip to hospital.

The Australian took home a $100,000 ‘fight of the night’ bonus after defeating his opponent in a split decision in what was more like the fight of the year.

He fought the final four rounds with a busted right hand, which by the end left him with no feeling up to his elbow.

And now an x-ray has confirmed the damage to his thumb

Whittaker, carrying an ice pack, was in an ambulance almost immediately after leaving the octagon.

As courageous as the victory was, the injury is a blow to the 27-year-old’s burgeoning career.

He is yet to officially defend his middleweight championship – he was forced to pull out of a defence in February, and Romero missed weight to downgrade their fight to a non-title bout – and now he will be out for some time.

Whenever the Sydneysider returns, respected Yahoo Sports combat writer Kevin Iole expects it to be a boon for the star fighter and the UFC.

Whittaker delivers, set for blockbuster future

IOLE: His victory featured a fast-pace and brilliant action was made all the more remarkable by the fact that Whittaker couldn’t use his primary weapon, his right hand, for most of the fight.

“In the first round, I busted my hand and I cannot feel it up to my elbow,” Whittaker said.

He absorbed huge shots from Romero, who is hardly a classic striker but whose sheer physical power puts a lot of wallop on his punches. Romero knocked out ex-champion Luke Rockhold in February, showing the kind of power that can end a fight in a blink.

He landed against Whittaker, but Whittaker took whatever he had. Nothing was going to stop Whittaker, even though he conceded he knew what he was up against.

“Yoel hits like a truck and I just had to try and survive and make the comeback,” Whittaker said.

Whittaker hasn’t been mentioned as a potential successor to Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey as the UFC’s biggest pay-per-view draw. Since Rousey’s retirement to become a wrestler and McGregor’s extended absence, the UFC has been looking for that fighter who it could put on a card and almost guarantee a huge pay-per-view number.

The talent level up and down its roster is probably better than it has ever been, but no one has broken through yet.

Whittaker, after yet another impressive and exciting win, might be on that path. He certainly got White’s attention, who responded to a question about Whittaker’s lack of a fan base by saying, “He’s got a lot of fans in Australia.”

Yoel the ancient one is not mortal, he escaped thru a CERN portal, on a mission to destroy mortals.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm

I think we should be asking how durable is Romero.

Rob was trying to fuck up Romero's knee, like Yoel did to Rob in the first fight...and Romero was like "I'm just biding my time until I fuck you up"....and then he did put a beating on poor young Whittaker.

After the fight Yoel was like " je vais dancer avec femmes لازمها رقصة وهيصة ....و"

and Whittaker was "I survived..."
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 pm

PainDog wrote:I think we should be asking how durable is Romero.

Rob was trying to fuck up Romero's knee, like Yoel did to Rob in the first fight...and Romero was like "I'm just biding my time until I fuck you up"....and then he did put a beating on poor young Whittaker.
:lol: :lol:

After the fight Yoel was like " je vais dancer avec femmes لازمها رقصة وهيصة ....و"

and Whittaker was "I survived..."
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Return to MMA Discussion