Close
Login
Register

Turn down fights, Dana will cut you

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Turn down fights, Dana will cut you

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 pm

DANA WHITE BLASTS UFC ATHLETES TURNING DOWN FIGHTS, TEASES MORE RELEASES COMING
Dana White has a message for the fighters on his roster — accept the fights you’re given or you may not have a home in the UFC anymore.

That’s the word from the UFC president after he reached a breaking point with rising star Yair Rodriguez more than a week ago that led to his release from the organization. While the two sides eventually came to an agreement to bring Rodriguez back into the UFC, White says that he’s sick and tired of fighters trying to hand pick opponents rather than taking the matchups that are offered to them.

“Listen, I get into these things where this is the fight business and the UFC is the elite of the elite in mixed martial arts. You get into these situations where you get these guys that don’t want to fight certain people. If you don’t want to fight certain people, this probably isn’t the place for you,” White said on the “UFC Unfiltered” podcast.

“I’m looking for people that want to be world champions that want to f–king fight the best in the world. If you’re not that guy, then there’s plenty of other places where you can go and make money. This place isn’t for you.”

In fact, White teased that Rodriguez won’t be the last fighter who gets cut as a result of his new personal policy when it comes to matchmaking in the UFC.

“That’s what I’ve run into with a few guys. You’re going to see more of it. There’s more coming today. I’m not f–king around anymore here,” White said. “If you don’t want to fight, don’t sign here. If you want to hand pick fights, don’t sign a contract here. This isn’t the right place for you.Yair Rodriguez at UFC 211 Media Day

“Look at Darren Till…Darren Till just fought [Stephen] “Wonderboy” Thompson. “Wonderboy” Thompson was ranked No. 1 in the world and he took that fight. Guess what happened? It was a really close fight, the judges gave it to [Till] and [Thompson] went from No. 1 to No. 3. Nothing massively devastating happened to his career. He’s still a top three guy in the world. But you have to be willing to fight anybody.”

White says these problems didn’t exist as much during the old school days of the UFC but it has become more common place in recent years.

That’s why he’s sending out the message to every fighter on the roster to accept the matchups given or it could lead to receiving your walking papers.

“You’re here to fight and you’re here to become a world champion. If that is not what you are here for this is not the place for you. You can go many other places. They’re paying guys great money out there right now and a lot of times you can go out there and make more money than you’re making here. Knock yourself out. That’s where you belong. You don’t belong here,” White said.

“When you’re in a position where you turn down fights and you don’t want to fight this guy or that guy and all this other s–t, all I can say is you better keep winning.”

Unless your name is Diaz, Woodly, or Conor. Then you can do what ever you want. :robot:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Turn down fights, Dana will cut you

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

snitches get stitches

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 pm

philphan wrote:Unless your name is Diaz, Woodly, or Conor. Then you can do what ever you want. :robot:

Or Bisping.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 pm

It's funny because they dont fighters picking their fights, but you can notice an obvious pattern of the UFC trying to give certain fighters easy match ups.

Sage Northcutt, is a prime example, and there are many others.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:06 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
philphan wrote:Unless your name is Diaz, Woodly, or Conor. Then you can do what ever you want. :robot:

Or Bisping.

:lol: Bisping got to get his ass kicked by Hendo. great choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby pithikos » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:26 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Or Bisping.

When the fuck did Bisping ever turn down a fight? UFC wanted to cash out on the the Hendo rematch and when you are offered the Goat and golden goose in GSP you are not going to turn that down because some fucking hardcores in forums cry out that he is not the number one contender. For fucks sake Bisping went to freaking Brazil to fight TRTVitor when every mw was ducking him, he gave up his title shot to fight a wrestler in a 3rounder named Chael Sonnen (got robbed by the way), he took every fucking no name tough guy the UFC wanted to build off him when they thought he was done as contender. He always worked his way up as contender with winning streaks through the trenches unlike many loved cats in the sport that get contender or title fights after losses and /or ped failures. Most importanly he knocked Cuckhold the fuck out in the first in two weeks notice to become the champ.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 pm

pithikos wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Or Bisping.

When the fuck did Bisping ever turn down a fight? UFC wanted to cash out on the the Hendo rematch and when you are offered the Goat and golden goose in GSP you are not going to turn that down because some fucking hardcores in forums cry out that he is not the number one contender. For fucks sake Bisping went to freaking Brazil to fight TRTVitor when every mw was ducking him, he gave up his title shot to fight a wrestler in a 3rounder named Chael Sonnen (got robbed by the way), he took every fucking no name tough guy the UFC wanted to build off him when they thought he was done as contender. He always worked his way up as contender with winning streaks through the trenches unlike many loved cats in the sport that get contender or title fights after losses and /or ped failures. Most importanly he knocked Cuckhold the fuck out in the first in two weeks notice to become the champ.

"My knee is too injured to fight Jacare....but I will fight Woodley, Nick Diaz or GSP"

https://www.mmamania.com/2016/11/3/1350 ... pierre-mma

"I promise I will fight the winner of Yoel vs Weidman"

I give Bisping all the credit in the world for fighting everyone. The dude had balls.....before he was the champ....after winning the title he fought 2 puffed up welterweights and a 46 year old middleweight who was 2-4 in his previous 6 fights and went 2-1 against them (would have been 0-3 if the Hendo fight was judged in any other system than the outdated and incompatible with mma 10-9 must system.)

When you say you are too injured to fight the top contenders but healthy enough to fight a litany of welterweights that you yourself have brought up...well.....yeah....

His own words not mine

https://www.mmamania.com/2016/10/28/134 ... fc-206-mma

"I want to fight Nick Diaz next then fight whoever looks best between Jacare, Weidman, Yoel and Rockhold" - The guy who just fought a 46 year old who he could not beat when he was 39.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
pithikos wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Or Bisping.

"My knee is too injured to fight Jacare....but I will fight Woodley, Nick Diaz or GSP"

https://www.mmamania.com/2016/11/3/1350 ... pierre-mma

"I promise I will fight the winner of Yoel vs Weidman"

I give Bisping all the credit in the world for fighting everyone. The dude had balls.....before he was the champ....after winning the title he fought 2 puffed up welterweights and a 46 year old middleweight who was 2-4 in his previous 6 fights and went 2-1 against them (would have been 0-3 if the Hendo fight was judged in any other system than the outdated and incompatible with mma 10-9 must system.)

When you say you are too injured to fight the top contenders but healthy enough to fight a litany of welterweights that you yourself have brought up...well.....yeah....

His own words not mine

https://www.mmamania.com/2016/10/28/134 ... fc-206-mma

"I want to fight Nick Diaz next then fight whoever looks best between Jacare, Weidman, Yoel and Rockhold" - The guy who just fought a 46 year old who he could not beat when he was 39.

I had a feeling you would clarify what I meant. Bisping had been going on and on after the Hendo fight. Negating himself lefts and rights. Challenging people,changing his mind,retiring,etc,etc.

''

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:26 pm

:pointup:

Yeah I am not sure I have ever seen a champion say they were too injured to fight the top contenders at their own weight but healthy enough to fight contenders a weight class down.

All I have to say is this

"Bisping, on that lead hand hook you need to keep your defenses up a bit better"

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Too late
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I remember Bisping turning Whittaker down at least twice before winning the belt. Damn Rockhold...
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 pm

PBells wrote:I remember Bisping turning Whittaker down at least twice before winning the belt. Damn Rockhold...

:lol: Whit would have had a blast kicking his ass. He will just settle for beating Romo's ass again. I'm thinking it's finish this time.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 pm

I think they should cut Woodleey. Good time to get rid of him with the interim title being made and all.

I'm serious. He's a bummer on the division and the sport. He will never sell PPV's either, so why keep this guy around?
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:24 am

TheMadTitan wrote:I think they should cut Woodleey. Good time to get rid of him with the interim title being made and all.

I'm serious. He's a bummer on the division and the sport. He will never sell PPV's either, so why keep this guy around?

:pointup:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

DANA WHITE FRUSTRATED WITH KELVIN GASTELUM AFTER ‘PERSONAL ISSUES’ STOPPED HIM FROM FIGHTING AT UFC 225

Last weekend at UFC 225, Gastelum was apparently on deck to serve as the replacement for the main event should middleweight champion Robert Whittaker or challenger Yoel Romero not be able to fight.

As it turns out, Romero ended up missing weight and while the end result was a ‘Fight of the Year’ candidate after a five round war with Whittaker, it seems Gastelum should have been ready to step in as a last minute replacement.

That’ts according to White, who then revealed that Whittaker had some serious personal issues that prevented him from taking the fight and it obviously left the UFC boss less than happy.

“He should have been the backup here tonight when this all went down,” White said when speaking at the UFC 225 post fight press conference. “He couldn’t do it. He’s got some personal issues that he seriously needs to take care of.

“Some s–t that he needs to get together and handle quick.”

White didn’t expand any further on what Gastelum had going on that prevented him from fighting but it was obviously enough that it kept him out of a world title fight on Saturday night.

Gastelum could be the next contender in line for the title following his win over Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza in May but there’s no telling what direction the UFC will go now considering White’s issues with the former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ winner.

It may not matter right away as Whittaker is nursing a broken hand suffered in the fight with Romero and he’s not expected back until later this year.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Return to MMA Discussion