Close
Login
Register

UFC stars & Bret Hart meet with recovering

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

UFC stars & Bret Hart meet with recovering

Postby philphan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:42 pm

UFC stars and Bret Hart meet with recovering Humboldt player
https://sports.yahoo.com/ufc-stars-bret ... 38738.html

It has now been nearly two months since the tragic bus crash that shook the town of Humboldt, taking the lives of 16 members of the town’s junior hockey team and leaving 13 injured. Many of those who survived the accident are in intense recovery processes, including nineteen-year-old Ryan Straschnitzki.

In Calgary earlier this week, UFC brawlers Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier along with WWE legend Bret Hart visited Straschnitzki at the Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary, before the teenager flew to Philadelphia for specialized spinal rehabilitation. The April 6 crash left Straschnitzki paralyzed from the chest down.

If there has been any silver lining to this truly devastating tragedy, it has been the overwhelming support from all walks of life for the Broncos hockey team. Alvarez in particular was struck by his meeting with Straschnitzki, calling him an ‘inspiration’ and ‘a beacon of hope.’

Poirier, who will square off with Alvarez at UFC Fight Night at the Saddledome on July 28, said it was an honour to meet Flames fan Straschnitzki.

“He’s the real fighter,” Poirier said after visiting the teenager. “I don’t have to [fight], I can not do this if I don’t want to. He’s fighting.”

For former professional wrestler Bret Hart, this wasn’t the first time he has showed his support for recovering Humboldt Broncos.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Robert Whittaker, Tyson Pedro, Juan Archuleta, Jordan Young
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: UFC stars & Bret Hart meet with recovering

Postby philphan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:05 am

Wow, the Hit man doesn't look so great.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby PainDog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:20 am

philphan wrote:Image

The Hit Man is a legend...and honestly has gone through a lot of shit and hasn't looked good for some time.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:32 pm

PainDog wrote:
philphan wrote:Image

The Hit Man is a legend...and honestly has gone through a lot of shit and hasn't looked good for some time.

Agreed buddy, a legend for sure. :gold:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Return to MMA Discussion