Close
Login
Register

The Bruce Lee argument (revisited)

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

The Bruce Lee argument (revisited)

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu May 17, 2018 12:38 am

Does superior style and discipline negate size and strength adavantage? Well does it? This is the reason we all got into martial arts or starting watching MMA. Bruce Lee made us think it and then Royce Gracie made us believe it, at least in the early days of MMA.

Then came the American wrestlers with their weight cutting methods and professional game plans, always doing whatever it takes to be number one. It worked for a while until superior technique and skill returned in the form of BJ Penn and Fedor. Men of renown, cut from the same cloth as the original true masters.

Then it happened again, fighters once again found ways to take shortcuts with weight cutting, TRT and by manipulating the rules with layNpray/wallNstall tatics never intended for MMA.

Now that I have gotten off of my soapbox and made my futile point I would like to ask Linker nation will their ever be any other fighters that can negate the size descrepancy with their supreme skill and martial art technique like BJ FUCKING PENN and MOTHERFUCKING FEDOR?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: The Bruce Lee argument (revisited)

Postby NeoNinja » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 am

Igor Vovchanchyn and Minowaman
NeoNinja
White Belt
White Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 am

Lobov is a solid candidate..

MAx Holloway could carry the tortch, I guess.. and Shogun

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 am

Broce Lee had other tools such as the eye poke and kick to the groin that made him dangerous to Everyone at any weight. With rules it is not possible for him to beat good fighters who are much larger.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri May 18, 2018 1:07 pm

3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby willis » Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Jon Jones?

Hah!
ImageImage

Mousasi was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's favorite middleweight fighter. I should have known better than to bet against the Hoff. He is the GOAT. Meow Meow indeed

1-1 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Return to MMA Discussion