Close
Login
Register

Should Rocky have tapped?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Should Rocky have tapped at the start of round 5

Yes, she said she's done!
100%
No no no no no
No votes

Total votes : 1

Should Rocky have tapped?

Postby willis » Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 am

In light of all the coaching controversy in the Nunes v Pennington fight, there is a very real option for fighters who don't want to continue; the tap out.

So I ask you linker, should Rocky have put her destiny in her own hands and just tapped to start the round or was it the right thing to do, in listening to her coach?
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Should Rocky have tapped?

Postby dipset52 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 am

She should have went out there and fuckin died like a warrior ! :lol:

Really tho, what was the point of booking these 2?

Michael Jackson raptor vs Rick P ?

The corner should have stopped the fight before round 1 started.

Awful matchmaking.
Awful main event.
Glad I stole that shit from the internet.

I Hope Colby rips her apart on Twitter:
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 pm

This is a violent sport, but not one that anyone should take unnecessary punishment from. If a fighter says they are done, they are done. I've never understood the stigma when it comes to quitting from a fight due to strikes or any other reason. It's like people forget they are human beings. They have families back home. Are they just supposed to take the beatings for pride just so later on they have trouble forming coherent sentences and affecting their memories? I'm all for a good brutal fight, but at the end of the day, the fighter knows and the fighter should be the one making that decision unless the ref calls it before then.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby philphan » Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:This is a violent sport, but not one that anyone should take unnecessary punishment from. If a fighter says they are done, they are done. I've never understood the stigma when it comes to quitting from a fight due to strikes or any other reason. It's like people forget they are human beings. They have families back home. Are they just supposed to take the beatings for pride just so later on they have trouble forming coherent sentences and affecting their memories? I'm all for a good brutal fight, but at the end of the day, the fighter knows and the fighter should be the one making that decision unless the ref calls it before then.

Yeah, her corner should have respected her and stopped it. Save your fighter for fucks sake.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am

That was hard to watch. Shitty move for her corner to just say tough it out and let it all go when she tried to quit. That was rough.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am

In my opinion....the head coach should have gone in to the octagon, sat her on the stool, looked her square in the eyes and asked her if she was really done. If she said she was then I would have stopped the fight. If not I would have told her she had 1 minute to throw every punch she had energy for before I threw in the towel.

I certainly would have thrown in the towel after Raquel gave up her back and her nose was bleeding like a faucet, just eating shots to her ears as Nunes took her back. I would have thrown the towel at that point at the least.
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby slevin » Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am

Mr Meow wrote:In my opinion....the head coach should have gone in to the octagon, sat her on the stool, looked her square in the eyes and asked her if she was really done. If she said she was then I would have stopped the fight. If not I would have told her she had 1 minute to throw every punch she had energy for before I threw in the towel.

I certainly would have thrown in the towel after Raquel gave up her back and her nose was bleeding like a faucet, just eating shots to her ears as Nunes took her back. I would have thrown the towel at that point at the least.

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Darklord » Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Mr Meow wrote:In my opinion....the head coach should have gone in to the octagon, sat her on the stool, looked her square in the eyes and asked her if she was really done..

THIS. The coaches need to respect the feedback they are getting from their fighter. If they recongnize that she is already OUT of the fight mentally, its their obligation to throw in the towel for her. Don't send her back to the thrashing machine with a weakened spirit....it can only end one way.
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to MMA Discussion