Close
Login
Register

Yet another match up no one asked for Tito vs. Chuck III

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Yet another match up no one asked for Tito vs. Chuck III

Postby PainDog » Sat May 12, 2018 12:41 am

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/tito-orti ... ll-trilogy

Tito Ortiz announces he's coming out of retirement for Chuck Liddell trilogy

Tito Ortiz is now a free agent, and he’s again pushing for a trilogy fight with Chuck Liddell.

On his official Instagram page, Ortiz (19-12-1 MMA, 15-11-1 UFC) today announced he’s coming out of retirement to “give the fans the fight they have been waiting for.” He also indicated boxing star turned promoter Oscar De La Hoya should book the fight with Liddell (21-8 MMA, 16-6 UFC).

Reached for comment on a potential booking, Ortiz manager George Prajin clarified that no deal has been struck. De La Hoya recently indicated he is getting into the MMA business and told TMZ he was keen to book Ortiz and Liddell.

Ortiz recently cleared an exclusive negotiating period with the Viacom-owned Bellator, where he fought his widely announced retirement bout, submitting Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170 in January 2017. Bellator President Scott Coker confirmed to MMAjunke that Ortiz is not under contract.

Appearing this past month on the podcast “Bite the Mic,” Ortiz talked up a trilogy with Liddell, calling it a “Money Fight.” He questioned why UFC President Dana White wouldn’t want to book the fight while also casting White’s public opposition to the idea as evidence that he could win.

“I heard Dana said he didn’t want anything to do with it; Liddell shouldn’t fight,” Ortiz said. “He knows.”

After Liddell met earlier this month with De La Hoya in Los Angeles, White told “UFC Unfiltered” he had no interest in seeing the former light heavyweight champion fight.

“What I do hope is that (De La Hoya) is partnering up with Chuck Liddell and they are going to be partners other than have Chuck Liddell come in and fight,” White said. “If they are going to partner up in the MMA business, nothing will make me happier. That is awesome and I would love to hear if that is true for Chuck.

“If he plans on kicking off his MMA program with Chuck fighting, that would not be good and really, really bum me out. Chuck Liddell is almost 50 years old – he doesn’t need to be fighting.”

In a previous interview with MMAjunkie, Ortiz indicated there’d been a push to make a third fight with Liddell, but he’d given up on the idea after encountering resistance with White.

“I’m very comfortable in retirement now,” Ortiz said. “I guess Dana put the kibosh on me and Chuck, so I don’t know. It is what it is. I’m being the good guy by listening to the bosses at the end of the day. (I’m) not making decisions on myself, and if it’s meant to be, I’ll put it in God’s hands.”

Liddell hasn’t fought since June 2010, when he suffered a knockout loss to Rich Franklin that marked his third straight knockout loss. He officially retired later that year and took a job with the UFC as a brand ambassador. He owns two knockout wins over Ortiz, his former training partner and heated rival.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: Yet another match up no one asked for Tito vs. Chuck III

Postby TFlock » Sat May 12, 2018 12:57 am

I’ll watch the shit out of this
May B League Team
Kamaru Usman
Mike Shipman
Nordine Taleb
Deron Winn
Ryan Scope

Spoiler:
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat May 12, 2018 1:48 am

TFlock wrote:I’ll watch the shit out of this

The night watchman will watch this as well, watch the shit out of it.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:40 am

As these two people said before me... I am watching the shit out of this fight. Royce vs Ken IV on the same card.
EvilGorilla69+1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JTuck34 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:27 am

What in the poopypants fuck

Why

No
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby 1098765432 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:56 pm

JTuck34 wrote:What in the poopypants fuck

Why

No

:pointup:
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Inb4, comments about how overrated the movie is. Read the comics dicks.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun May 13, 2018 9:24 am

SpeakEasy wrote:Image
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Inb4, comments about how overrated the movie is. Read the comics dicks.

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby muythaijitsu » Sun May 13, 2018 4:56 pm

I would watch it only because there two legends i grew up watching. Its still great to see Chuck compete, only if he faces someone on his level so theres some real competition. At this point, i have Tito winning, because he has continued to remain active, but hwo knows.
muythaijitsu
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Sun May 13, 2018 6:56 pm

I'd honestly rather see Chuck fight anyone else in Bellator than Tito. I never wanna see Tito fight again unless it's vs Rampage.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby YMCA » Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Chuck must be in dire need of cash if he's stepping back into a cage/ring. What a joke.

Of course, it WILL draw viewers, but won't be the high level fight we could expect had it been made 7-8 years ago.

I expect Tito via KO unless he does something stupid or allows Chuck into his head. I'll watch...after the fact, when I have nothing else to do.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby Darklord » Tue May 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Oh cool, last time 2 dried up old fucks did a post-retirement bout, they both nearly died on national teliveision...

Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 pm

chuck vs Royce Gracie would be a good, fair fight. But I see Royce kneeing him in the balls and pocketing one more W
EvilGorilla69+1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

I want to fuck chuck!

3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion