Close
Login
Register

2010 Strikeforce HW GP

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

2010 Strikeforce HW GP

Postby TheMadTitan » Tue May 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Do you believe this was 8 years ago now? Where has the time gone?

The infamous tournament with the lineal HW title on the line: http://www.mmanews.com/linear-heavyweig ... weight-gp/

Cormier won the tournament, so technically Jon Jones is the lineal LHW and HW champion. Overeem was pulled from the tournament by the UFC to face Brock Lesnar. Do you remember Brocktober? I do.

Thoughts?
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Re: 2010 Strikeforce HW GP

Postby philphan » Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 pm

It was a great tournament and a great memory. Jones had nothing to do with it tho. Fuck Jones, and his PED using ass. You know who has never failed a drug test, DC. So thanks for the memory but no need to bring up the biggest fuck up in MMA history. DC has always been a stand up guy and will retire a true champion of MMA. Jones is younger and fresher, but a cheater non the less. :pillred: :poison: :skull: :radioactive: :robot:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby ebickmeyer » Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

I remember Brocktober too. I also remember that both Brock and the horse ass eater were both juiced to the gills. Pepperidge farms remembers.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 pm

philphan wrote:It was a great tournament and a great memory. Jones had nothing to do with it tho. Fuck Jones, and his PED using ass. You know who has never failed a drug test, DC. So thanks for the memory but no need to bring up the biggest fuck up in MMA history. DC has always been a stand up guy and will retire a true champion of MMA. Jones is younger and fresher, but a cheater non the less. :pillred: :poison: :skull: :radioactive: :robot:

You're right. Jones has tarnished his legacy, but the lineal title doesn't give a fuck. To be the guy you gotta BEAT the guy.

Jones lineal HW and LHW champ

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:I remember Brocktober too. I also remember that both Brock and the horse ass eater were both juiced to the gills. Pepperidge farms remembers.

One of the most hyped fights of all time. Brock never had a chance though.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 pm

TheMadTitan wrote:Do you believe this was 8 years ago now? Where has the time gone?

Thoughts?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Cruelest dream, reality
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:I remember Brocktober too. I also remember that both Brock and the horse ass eater were both juiced to the gills. Pepperidge farms remembers.

Ubereem was terrific....guys like him and TRT Vitor make a compelling case for the use of PEDS.
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
TheMadTitan wrote:Do you believe this was 8 years ago now? Where has the time gone?

Thoughts?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Cruelest dream, reality

Fuck yeah man, The kids aren't alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking pumped!!!!!!!!!! :hand1: :hand1:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby philphan » Tue May 08, 2018 8:49 pm

PainDog wrote:

Ubereem was terrific....guys like him and TRT Vitor make a compelling case for the use of PEDS.

So true, let everyone do it and fucking rumble man. I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby PBells » Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I was so hyped for this. I got together with a group of friends (back when they still liked MMA) and logged on to MMA-TV from a PS3 to watch it on the widescreen. And then Fedor lost to Bigfoot and killed the mood, but hey the tournament was fantastic in idea even if the execution wasn't perfect.

<3
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby yoseph » Tue May 08, 2018 11:38 pm

I remember the GP and all the hype surrounding it. I also remember it falling apart and not going anywhere near the way it was expected. Something you guys don't seem to remember is werdum taking the lineal HW belt from fedor, then losing it to overeem.
Overeem < bigfoot < cain < werdum < stipe.

Stipe is lineal HW champ. Jones is just the dude who stole the strikeforce HW GP belt from DC, which is the only title he ever actually earned.
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 am

:eek:
yoseph wrote:I remember the GP and all the hype surrounding it. I also remember it falling apart and not going anywhere near the way it was expected. Something you guys don't seem to remember is werdum taking the lineal HW belt from fedor, then losing it to overeem.
Overeem < bigfoot < cain < werdum < stipe.

Stipe is lineal HW champ. Jones is just the dude who stole the strikeforce HW GP belt from DC, which is the only title he ever actually earned.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby abcd » Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 am

philphan wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:

Thoughts?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Cruelest dream, reality

Fuck yeah man, The kids aren't alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking pumped!!!!!!!!!! :hand1: :hand1:

How can one .little street. Swallow so many lives
abcd
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: May 2018 MMALinker C-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Wed May 09, 2018 2:51 am

I hope after infinity wars success more people appreciate your name Titan.

On topic, fuck I can't believe it was that long ago.
Technically the tourney didn't really conclude till mid 2011 but still 2010 was a wild year for me.
I was at my graduation commencements after party the night fedors streak came to an end and the only buddy that was into MMA was a legit fighter but in grade 11 and I was a loser drug dealer in grade 12 so I had no one to talk about it with.
So I ran around, fucking hammer3d, trying to convince all the preppy kids that some random Russian guy couldn't handle having his face stuffed in some random Brazilian guys crotch, was a sad/happy night with me, fedor lost but I got to fuck a chick with the biggest and nicest I've had the chance to stick my dick between.
I also was selling mushrooms around the time Reem was demolishing Lesnars insides so I watched DC/Bigfoot while tripping balls.
Also watched Monty python while high on avid, not recommended.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 pm

LOL nobody won that tournament. You can't keep pulling people out of a tournament to fight in the UFC. It was still a good accomplishment that DC beat TRT Bigfoot and juiced up Barnett. Before anyone says I don't remember correctly DC was the alternate and once one person gets pulled from the tournament it pretty much makes it fake in my eyes.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion