Close
Login
Register

Another matchup no one ever asked for??? cool

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Another matchup no one ever asked for??? cool

Postby JTuck34 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 pm

[url]http://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/dana-white-georges-st-pierre-vs-nate-diaz-alexander-gustafsson-vs-luke-rockhold-ufc-227
[/url]

UFC 227 is on the cusp of becoming a summer blockbuster, and Dana White is hoping for his “perfect world” scenario for the August event in Los Angeles.

The UFC president today revealed a lightweight fight between former UFC middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (26-2 MMA, 20-2 UFC) and Nate Diaz (19-11 MMA, 14-9 UFC) is in the works for UFC 227. The matchup was reported by MMA journalist Mike Russell over the weekend, but TSN reports no bout agreements have been signed.

That’s the fight White wants next for St-Pierre and Diaz, though, he said on the “UFC Unfiltered” podcast. And the news didn’t stop there.
Related
Kevin Lee turns focus to Nate Diaz, wants fight at UFC 227 in Los Angeles

White also revealed UFC 227 could land a light heavyweight bout between Alexander Gustafsson (18-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) and former 185-pound champ Luke Rockhold (16-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC), though no interim belt would be on the line as rumored.

“It is true, and (St-Pierre and Diaz) would fight at 155 pounds,” White told hosts Matt Serra and Jim Norton. “There are rumors that we were doing Gustafsson versus Rockhold. That is true, but that is not for the interim title. That’s false. It might be L.A. I’m targeting L.A. In my perfect world, if everything goes perfect, which nothing goes (expletive) perfect in this world: (T.J.) Dillashaw versus (Cody) Garbrandt, GSP versus Diaz would be the co-main, Gustafsson versus Rockhold, and Derek Brunson versus Antonio Carlos Junior.”

UFC 227 takes place Aug. 4 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Related
Jon Anik: Nate Diaz a top-five UFC pay-per-view draw without Conor McGregor

Early this month it was reported that UFC was in “serious negotiations” with Diaz, who hasn’t fought since his majority-decision loss to Conor McGregor in their rematch at UFC 202 in August 2016. St-Pierre, meanwhile, has been sidelined with a medical ailment since beating Michael Bisping at UFC 217 in November.

White has had great difficulty getting Diaz back in the octagon since his fight with McGregor. White seems optimistic the matchup with St-Pierre will be the one to do the trick, but White said there are still some obstacles in the way.

“We’ve been offering Nate Diaz fights for however long,” White said. “In his contract, and Nick Diaz, I have to give them three fights a year. Per the contract, I need to give them three fights a year. If I fail to give them three fights a year then I have to pay them. I have honored my contract with those guys. They turn down the fights, and it extends their contracts. But we are working right now to try to put together a Georges St-Pierre versus Nate Diaz fight.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another wtf matchup that no one asked for. Should look identical to nick vs gsp. Maybe I'm just another cynical as fuck mma fan at this point, so I'm sure I sound like pbells right mwo, but I'm not excited whatsoever by this matchup. Gsp vs Woodley, sign me up. Gsp vs askren fuxk yeah let's do it.

Nate though? Come the fuck on. I could think of 5 different matchups for either opponent I'd like to see more than this. Wtf.

Help me see this in a different light youJews, is this really as gay as it appears?
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Re: Another matchup no one ever asked for??? cool

Postby Darklord » Tue May 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Nate Diaz vs GSP?...

Alexander Gustafson vs Luke Rockhold?.....
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby dipset52 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Just terrible.

Fucking terrible.

When I said I just wanna see nate fight idc who it’s against. I meant the opposite of fucking gsp.

Like wtf?
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue May 08, 2018 5:16 pm

dipset52 wrote:Just terrible.

Fucking terrible.

When I said I just wanna see nate fight idc who it’s against. I meant the opposite of fucking gsp.

Like wtf?

Was coming to say something similar, fuck this noise.
So hard to believe they'd take gsp and put him in any fight that's not a headliner OR a title shot.
So my theory is if this fight really happens it'll be for the interim lightweight championship and winner fights a returning McGregor for the undisputed lw title because for some reason they've stripped Khabib and blame Ramadan.
That way GSP gets a shot at "history" by becoming a three div champ and potentially sets up a fight between the two male PPV "goats" of the smaller weight classes.
Or nate wins gets his title gets his millions and gets his rubber match with CMac because I don't see how else you entice nate to take this fight.
And hopefully after this WME and Dana get accused of Weinstein like crimes and the UFC implodes leaving only a distant memory and rizin buys up what's left of the org and we go full circle and Japan becomes the hub of MMA again.
We are all one.
Last edited by SpeakEasy on Tue May 08, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Darklord » Tue May 08, 2018 5:17 pm

dipset52 wrote:Just terrible.

Fucking terrible.

Like wtf?

Seriously! I have a whole list of guys I wanna see Nate fight.......GSP aint in that list :tdown:
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby philphan » Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm

:cash: :bill: :moneybag: :cash: :bill: :moneybag: :cash: :bill:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby bwawm » Tue May 08, 2018 5:28 pm

so. incredibly. wack.

Spoiler:
unless Nate pulls off a miracle sub
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm

bwawm wrote:so. incredibly. wack.

Spoiler:

Or pieces him up and avenges Nick's loss. Nick would still get all the credit :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby philphan » Tue May 08, 2018 6:17 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
bwawm wrote:so. incredibly. wack.

Spoiler:

Or pieces him up and avenges Nick's loss. Nick would still get all the credit :lol: :lol:

If Nate could pull off a win he would leap above his brother and cement himself as a legend. A win over GSP and Conor????????????? He would get the UFC off it's ass money wise also. I like it.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby WestCoastKilla » Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 pm

What a bunch of bullshit. This fight isn't even worth pirating.

For GSP to come off a victory over a Bisping, almost immediately vacating the title because Bisping was literally the only person in that division's top 10 who was remotely beatable for GSP, to later entertain the idea of going down two divisions to fight somebody who's been sitting around doing nothing for more than a year shows how bitch made George really is. He must suck one hell of a dick for Dana to be willing to pimp him out so blatantly, so often.

I can't blame Nate for wanting a big name to fight against, trying to get that money, but fuck man. You and your brother have become the very thing you two have been bitching about for the post 3 to 5 years. Y'all selling wolf tickets like a pair of mother fuckers.

There is no hero's in my favorite sport anymore... Uncle Dana and uncle Sam have been dp'ing the sport hard...

Feels bad man...
Cut the head from the devil and let the body burn.
WestCoastKilla
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 pm

WestCoastKilla wrote:What a bunch of bullshit. This fight isn't even worth pirating.

For GSP to come off a victory over a Bisping, almost immediately vacating the title because Bisping was literally the only person in that division's top 10 who was remotely beatable for GSP, to later entertain the idea of going down two divisions to fight somebody who's been sitting around doing nothing for more than a year shows how bitch made George really is. He must suck one hell of a dick for Dana to be willing to pimp him out so blatantly, so often.

I can't blame Nate for wanting a big name to fight against, trying to get that money, but fuck man. You and your brother have become the very thing you two have been bitching about for the post 3 to 5 years. Y'all selling wolf tickets like a pair of mother fuckers.

There is no hero's in my favorite sport anymore... Uncle Dana and uncle Sam have been dp'ing the sport hard...

Feels bad man...

Sadly I must agree with you, in the end the man always wins. . .

With that being said there is only one thing left to do. . .
Spoiler:
Cut the head from the devil and let the body burn.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby yoseph » Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Fuck that bum gsp for trying to pick an easy fight against someone he can lay n pray. Hopefully nate could sub or tko him.

Hate to support it but id go live to that one :P
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat May 12, 2018 1:45 am

False alarm, Nate just called Dana out and called GSP a cheater, claimed wolf tickets. Blah blah blah, too lazy to post source. I'm the night watchman keep my nose to ground, I'm the night watchman, I'm security.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:58 am

DeceptaCon wrote:False alarm, Nate just called Dana out and called GSP a cheater, claimed wolf tickets. Blah blah blah, too lazy to post source. I'm the night watchman keep my nose to ground, I'm the night watchman, I'm security.

I want this fight to happen. I see Nate bullying St Pierre.. The press conference will be golden. This will be the 4rth common opponent that Nick and Nate will have, if im not mistaken.

Some jap who Nate lost to(in Pancrase) and Nick knocked him out in the UFC.

JOsh Neer

Gomi

and not GSP.

That's what me memory bank is telling me. If you disagree, step up.

Nate vs 'The George'.

make it happen

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion