Close
Login
Register

Rogan sounding like a stupid stupid asshole

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Rogan sounding like a stupid stupid asshole

Postby philphan » Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 pm

talking about FEDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Rogan ‘super suspicious’ of Fedor’s PRIDE wins during steroids era

Is Fedor Emelianenko the greatest heavyweight of all time?

Well, I suppose that depends on your criteria for greatness. From 2001-2009, “The Last Emperor” captured 27 straight wins, won the PRIDE Fighting Championship heavyweight title, and racked up a ridiculous 21 finishes.

Some of the champions representing Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) at that time, including Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, and Frank Mir, would eventually move on to face Emelianenko — only to get destroyed within one round.

The Russian juggernaut eventually got older and failed to evolve with the sport, leading to some less-than-impressive performances in his later years (like this one), but UFC color commentator Joe Rogan believe there was another variable at play.

Stateside drug testing.

“I’m super suspicious about all those old fights now,” Rogan said on his official podcast. “I mean steroids, performance enhancing drugs, we’re looking at a different human, that’s what I’m thinking. Whatever everybody was on back then, they were all on the same shit, Fedor was still beating everybody’s ass.”

So if everyone else was doing steroids, then it was, by Rogan’s logic, a level playing field.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran Enson Inoue went public back in 2014, exposing the loophole in PRIDE contracts (see it) that allowed fighters to take steroids. While Emelianenko has never failed a drug test, some of his cohorts from the glory days of Japan were not so fortunate.

Like this guy.

Suspicious or not, Emelianenko (37-5, 1 NC) is back on top, thanks to his first-round finish over Mir (video) at the Bellator MMA event last weekend in Chicago. “The Last Emperor” moves on to fight Chael Sonnen — no stranger to drug testing — along with his sidekick, Snow White.

Fuck you Rogan, everyone isn't cheating like bones. :fu:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Brad Tavares, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alex Oliveira, Juliana Velasquez
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Rogan sounding like a stupid stupid asshole

Postby Mr Meow » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

Yeah this is beyond dumb from Rogan

Was Ali on roids too? He started losing at the end of his career and didn't look how he used to. Was Ezzard Charles? Yves Edwards? BJ Penn?

Is every fighter who does not look in their prime after a 3 year retirement and being in their 40's just "off the juice" now? :lol: :lol:

Its the boogeyman fallacy of logic. Create post-emptive doubt that can not be proven or disproved one way or the other.

The only people who believe this also believe that both ped tests Jones failed for roids were actually a conspiracy as was his positive cocaine test, really Jones did nothing wrong, that wasn't even him who t-boned the pregnant lady with his car :lol: :lol:
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Thu May 03, 2018 8:40 am

So Rogan can't comprehend why 28-year-old Fedor is different than 41-year-old Fedor

:lol:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby JTuck34 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:30 am

:lol: I was literally just listening to that podcast this morning and I was like wtf where does he get this shit
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby bwawm » Thu May 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Rogan on Jones:
"it HAD to be a tainted supplement...its weird that his management was suggesting it was the same supplement as another one of their clients, and JBJ DOES have a history of cheating-but there is no way he benefitted at all from whatever he took."

Rogan on Fedor:
"definitely never failed a drug test but I'm suspicious because other people at the promotion roided" ---did the UFC not have a similar loophole for testosterone for years??

I don't think this dude thinks about his conclusions anymore...he's become a talking head who just says whatever. Maybe not most, but a lot of fighters roid later in their career to capture a bit of what they've lost-Fedor beat every single one of the ex UFC HW champs on US soil (with US drug tests). Roids don't make a chin and thats the cause of most of Fedor's recent losses (Werdum and Bigfoot aside)...

On the other side....kind of highlights how insane Fedors prime was. What he was doing at HW for his dominant stretch was so nutty and I guess for some people it took him going over the hill and becoming mortal to truly appreciate how next level the dude was to begin with. Doesn't justify accusing him of cheating tho.

Even Kevin Iole is comfortable calling him one of the best fighters of all time now. Sometimes the light has to dim for folks to appreciate how bright it was to begin with :roll:
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby dereq » Thu May 03, 2018 1:09 pm

When Jimmy Smith was in Bellator, I always thought of him as a second rate Joe Rogan. Now that they're both in the UFC....Rogan seems like a second rate Jimmy Smith. I also just found out that JS has a black belt in BJJ and has like 6 MMA fights. Wow.
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Who cares if Fedor did roids or not, the fact that he never failed a drug test while every other top level fighter besides Penn and the Diaz Bros just proves that he is the GOAT drug test passer, either way GOAT. Greatest Of All Test takers.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Thu May 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Rogan sounding like a stupid asshole....just means Rogan sounding like Rogan
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm

dereq wrote:When Jimmy Smith was in Bellator, I always thought of him as a second rate Joe Rogan. Now that they're both in the UFC....Rogan seems like a second rate Jimmy Smith. I also just found out that JS has a black belt in BJJ and has like 6 MMA fights. Wow.

Jimmy via submission (armbar) 2:45 round 1 over Rogan all day :tup:
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Thu May 03, 2018 4:55 pm

PainDog wrote:Rogan sounding like a stupid asshole....just means Rogan sounding like Rogan

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Brad Tavares, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alex Oliveira, Juliana Velasquez
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby jblaze » Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 pm

I thought this was going to be a thread about Rogan and some of his infamous sayings or doings. My personal favorites are how he claims to be an atheist but throws up satanic hand signs. If you don't believe in god how can you believe in the devil??? Or his jerking off to leg kicks and jujitsu. I get it these are good techniques. However wrestling and boxing usually work just as well. Or when he supposedly gets high on drugs to listen to "intelligent beings or whatever the fuck" in his sensory deprivation chamber. Anyway back on topic any successful Russian is suspect. However we have no proof that Fedor did any of that shit. Crocop, Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Mark Coleman, Kevin randleman, Rampage. Guys like that there is no fucking point debating anything they are 100 percent guilty.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 pm

If fedor came out and said I was juiced up in pride it wouldn't change how I feel about him at all.

A lot of those pride guys were juicing and a lot of those pride fights were amazing. Wandy was ridiculously jacked there, clearly on some shit but still one of my all time favourites. Never in my life will I say wandy's wins in pride should have an asterisk BC he was juiced, wandy fights in pride should have an asterisk BC they are super duper awesome.

I give zero fucks about steroid use in pride. Blanket statement for every fighter and fight. Zero fucks about steroid use. If they weren't testing for it or penalising fighters for using it then using it wasn't cheating. Steroids in pride are like water between rounds, everyone could have some if they wanted to.

Fedor is the shit whether he was on it or not. He's had a lot of fights and there's not many that are stinkers. His pride run was ridiculous BC he always looked undersized and in worse shape....except for that black sumo dude. He had a worse body for sure.
Ko's? Check.
Subs? Check
Comebacks? Check
Wars? Check
As a fan what else could you ask for?

That thought of him using them did run through my head for the first time while watching Icarus though. The russian steroid program is strong and runs deep. Zero fucks though either way, fedor is awesome and if you don't appreciate him you can suck this fat dick.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby willis » Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 am

If you can't even consider the fact he may have used some kind if PED during his pride run, then you're just a sheep. How many fighters have alluded to the fact roids were ok in pride? Then there is the xontract thing. How different was testing back then? What about the fixed fights? When are you people gonna learn? The fight game is about who has the sharper tools. Everyone is/was looking for an edge. Didn't we all think A.Silva was squeaky clean until.... My next point is, if you knew most of your competitors were free to juice, would you not try to be on the same level?

As for Rogan, do any of you actually listen to his podcasts or do you just post soundbites to rip on him out of boredom? He has an educated opinion on the subject. He's been around the fight scene for how long now? That and he doesnt just say things for click bait. Its his opinion. The guy admits when he's wrong, goes back and corrects his misrepresentations from past shows and will fully acknowledge when he doesn't know shit about a subject.

Quit crying about the fact that someone called attention to an already obvious situation. Only an idiot would believe that when steroids were at their highest use, the best ever would be 100% clean.

GSP is my GOAT but am I foolish enough to believe he was clean the whole time? Not on your life. Would I care if i found out he used a PED? Like Jack said, not one bit. In the past I was all for clean fighters but now I could care less. They are all still trying to find the magic supplement so fuck it, let them juice.
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 am

Mr Meow wrote:
dereq wrote:When Jimmy Smith was in Bellator, I always thought of him as a second rate Joe Rogan. Now that they're both in the UFC....Rogan seems like a second rate Jimmy Smith. I also just found out that JS has a black belt in BJJ and has like 6 MMA fights. Wow.

Jimmy via submission (armbar) 2:45 round 1 over Rogan all day :tup:

jimmy smith has only one loss... but it comes from the realest of the real warriors

Andy wang..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EvilGorilla69+1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby PBells » Fri May 04, 2018 10:17 am

Everyone was juicing in PRIDE, but that means it was an even playing field and Fedor still won. :P
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion