Close
Login
Register

No UFC this weekend but.....Rizin!!!

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

No UFC this weekend but.....Rizin!!!

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 02, 2018 9:52 am

So there is no UFC card this weekend. That is unfortunate. I love the UFC, I enjoy watching highly trained athletes/martial artists beat the shit out of one another. Its fun.

However the UFC does not have another card until next weekend. So I shall be enjoying my mma fix outside of the promotion.

Luckily for us we have a few events this weekend. Including but not limited to Rizin FF :twisted: :twisted:

But first lets go day by day with the mma schedule.

Friday

LFA 39 on Axis TV.

Ian Heinisch (9-1) is fighting Gabrielle Checco (11-2) for the middleweight title in the main event. Should be a solid scrap.

Invicta FC 29.

Former UFC fighter and Strikeforce champ Sarah Kaufman (19-4) is fighting German bulldozer Katharina Laher (8-0) in the main event for the new Bantamweight championship. Also on the card is Pannie Kianzad (9-3) eat your Pearl Gonzalez (8-3) and Julia Avila (5-0)

Overall these two events look ok. Invicta can really surprise ya with some fun fights from time to time. However I am much more looking forward to Saturday morning and nights fights

Saturday

ACB 86. Starts around noon (E.T) and streams on the youtube ACB channel for free

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGGGh ... wR3sqeZ7KQ

This ACB card is stacked as fuck with 3 title fights. Including featherweight champ Marat Balyaev (8-0) rematching up and comer Yusuf Raisov (12-1) in a fight that should be as fun as the first one was, flyweight champ Askar Askarov (9-0) vs Rasul Albshankov (8-2) and the lightheavyweight champion and the man who beat the fuck out of Thiago Silva, Batraez Agnaev (4-0) putting his title on the line against Dovletdzhan Yagshiradov (15-5-1) (yes that's his real name)

Also on the card are more fire match ups. Ciro Rodriguez (21-7) vs Beslan Isaev (37-9) Ali Bagov (25-10) vs Gleristone Santos (35-7) Murad Machaev (22-2) vs Mukhamaed Kokov (13-2) Rasul Shovhalev (16-5) vs Andrey Koshkin (16-6) and Georgi Karakhayan (28-7-1) vs Alexey Pulpilnikov (24-4-1) among other

Easily one of the better cards on paper ACB has put on. You all should join me around noon for the stream Saturday morning. I shall be watching

Then for the finale of it all we have the next Rizin event. Rizin FF 10 :cig: :cig:

Kyoji Horiguchi (23-2) is fighting Uncle Creepy Ian Mccal (14-6-1) in the main event, in the co main Japanese kickboxing sensation Tenshin (25-0 KB record with 20 KO) is fighting Yusaku Nakamura in a kickboxing bout.

Also on the card is Weili Zhang (17-1) fighting Japanese wrestling sensation Kanako Murata (7-1) Andrey Kovalev (9-0) vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (5-0) in a heavyweight fight, also in heavyweight action is Ricardo Prasel (9-0) vs Ante Delija (14-3) Invicta Atomweight champ Ayaka Hamasaki (15-2) is fighting Alyssa Garcia (3-3) for an easy win for the champ lol. Also noted disrespectful piece of shit Manel Kape (9-2) hopefully gets his ass kicked by Japanes prospect Kai Asukara (9-1) and Japanese mma sensation Yusuke Yachi (19-6) fights former UFC title contender Diego the gun Nunes (23-7) as well as 2 kickboxing bouts and Kanna Asakura (12-2) fighting american can Melissa Sophia Karagianis (3-3) Daron Crucikshank (18-10) is also fighting Japanese version of himself in Koshi Matsumoto (19-7-2)

For me I am excited as hell for the ACB card then the Rizin card.

Fights I am looking forward to most in Rizin are the debut of 6'8 Brazilian heavyweight finisher Ricardo Prasel. Also Weili Zhang is 17-1 for a reason. Tenshin is an amazingly athletic striker who is fun to see knock people out. Plus watching Horiguchi fight in a ring with soccer kicks has been great, I imagine he puts a hurting on McCall despite how talented Uncle Creepy is. Plus hopefully Manel Kape gets the shit beat out of him like Horiguchi did again. Also seeing a literal mirror match in Matsumoto vs Cruickshank should be funny

According to the website the stream starts at 1 AM eastern time. So I shall be watching and getting hiiiiiiiigh but I do not expect a lot of linkers in chat joining me

War mma outside of the ufc. War Rizin!!!
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: No UFC this weekend but.....Rizin!!!

Postby philphan » Wed May 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Sounds fun man. I'll have to clear my schedule.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby bruins2012 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:41 am

philphan wrote:Image

I’m going through withdrawals not having Always Sunny this year.

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
9th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby kezzaman » Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 pm

You spelt Invicta wrong

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu May 03, 2018 2:55 pm

I'll and catch some of the shows it depends on when the air times are
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu May 03, 2018 4:57 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
philphan wrote:Image

I’m going through withdrawals not having Always Sunny this year.

I agree buddy. Dee and Dennis have their own shows now. It's a quick fix at best but nothing compared to Always Sunny.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby jblaze » Thu May 03, 2018 5:17 pm

I forget why did the UFC cut Horiguchi again?? Do flyweights get paid by the pound or something?
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu May 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Hopefully the fights goes off without a hitch, Uncle Creepy Ian Mccal has worse luck than Joe "Diesel" Riggs.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm

jblaze wrote:I forget why did the UFC cut Horiguchi again?? Do flyweights get paid by the pound or something?

:lol: :lol:

It is dumb they let him go. Dude won a Grand Prix a weight class above what he fights at in Rizin last year. He beat some good fighters too and finished them all.

DeceptaCon wrote:Hopefully the fights goes off without a hitch, Uncle Creepy Ian Mccal has worse luck than Joe "Diesel" Riggs.

Right?? :lol: :lol: He is in good company with people like Riggs James Irvin and David Terrell
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Sat May 05, 2018 12:24 pm

ACB is on now, come to chat.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby robdogj » Sat May 05, 2018 5:00 pm

not sure why everyone is feeling down about McCall - he has been clear to fight
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 am

Ian looked good.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby philphan » Sun May 06, 2018 9:30 am

bruins2012 wrote:Ian looked good.

:lol: :lol: Check out the Video Vault for the whole event. :star: :star:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby robdogj » Sun May 06, 2018 3:49 pm

IMHO that was an early stoppage - yes McCall got dropped but IMHO he did that backroll to protect himself, but I understand - Japan has to promote their fighters
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Asso » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks for the link, boss. Saw some nice ko's.
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion