Close
Login
Register

Chael's face off with the GOAT

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Chael's face off with the GOAT

Postby philphan » Tue May 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Chael Sonnen explains awkward Bellator face off with Fedor Emelianenko (and Snow White)

Fedor Emelianenko ... you absolutely suck aren’t paying attention.

Chael Sonnen, who advanced to the next round of the Bellator heavyweight grand prix back in January (thanks to this), was asked to confront Fedor Emelianenko inside the cage last Saturday night, moments after “The Last Emperor” disposed of Frank Mir to earn his place in the second bracket.

Regrettably, Emelianenko didn’t understand he was supposed to sell the fight.

“It was a nuisance for me, honestly,” Sonnen told ESPN. “I was at the desk doing my job and they told me to go down. I didn’t know what that would entail. The next thing I know, there’s a microphone in front of me, but Fedor is looking away.”

Sonnen used his time on the stick to draw cheap heat from the Chicago crowd, but when he tried to engage the typically-stoic Russian, Emelianenko simply wasn’t paying attention, thanks to a side conversation with his translator.

”I don’t resent anybody for having me do it, but if I could redo the whole thing, I wouldn’t do it,” Sonnen continued. “I’m talking to Fedor and he’s over there talking to Snow White.”

What followed was a routine staredown (and an awkward bro-shake).

Sonnen (30-15-1) will have a chance to drive his message home when he collides with Emelianenko (37-5, 1 NC) later this year, with the winner moving on to fight an opponent to be named. As it stands, Matt Mitrione awaits the winner of Ryan Bader vs. Muhammed Lawal.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Chael's face off with the GOAT

Postby PBells » Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Sonnen tried to pull away so fast but Fedor brought him back in, it was great.
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby asdfghjkl » Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Fedors in his head worse than conor in aldos head
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby blackmetalcarson » Wed May 02, 2018 1:01 am

I feel like Sonnen is severely underestimating Fedor. Sure, he can take Fedor down, but is that really his best option? If he stands with him, I'm telling you now, Sonnen's getting fucking decapitated.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby Darklord » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 am

The showdown with Cheal will be Fedor's last stand.

RIP Emelianenko.......it was a nice run

I keep hearing people say that Ryan Bader is the "dark horse" to with this HW tournament, but just watch Micheal P Sonnen take it all :lol:
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:I feel like Sonnen is severely underestimating Fedor. Sure, he can take Fedor down, but is that really his best option? If he stands with him, I'm telling you now, Sonnen's getting fucking decapitated.

I'm not so sure Chael is gonna even be able to get Fedor down.Even if he does Im not to sure he can do much with it and at some point Fedor will be on top.Hes gonna sprawl and brawl and windup on top with gnp and Chael will be sitting in his pants.
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby Darklord » Wed May 02, 2018 10:35 am

1098765432 wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:I feel like Sonnen is severely underestimating Fedor. Sure, he can take Fedor down, but is that really his best option? If he stands with him, I'm telling you now, Sonnen's getting fucking decapitated.

I'm not so sure Chael is gonna even be able to get Fedor down.Even if he does Im not to sure he can do much with it and at some point Fedor will be on top.Hes gonna sprawl and brawl and windup on top with gnp and Chael will be sitting in his pants.

Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby kezzaman » Wed May 02, 2018 11:05 am

We have seen Chael lose but we've never seen him get fucked up. Whats he gunna do, out wrestle Fedor? I predict a Fedor vs Nog type fight
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Wed May 02, 2018 11:48 am

kezzaman wrote:We have seen Chael lose but we've never seen him get fucked up. Whats he gunna do, out wrestle Fedor? I predict a Fedor vs Nog type fight

I'd say he got fucked in the ass these times.

Yes I do believe he will struggle mightily to get the BIGGER Fedor down. You don't see that every day. Fedor being the bigger guy that is.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby bwawm » Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:
kezzaman wrote:We have seen Chael lose but we've never seen him get fucked up. Whats he gunna do, out wrestle Fedor? I predict a Fedor vs Nog type fight

I'd say he got fucked in the ass these times.

Yes I do believe he will struggle mightily to get the BIGGER Fedor down. You don't see that every day. Fedor being the bigger guy that is.

Fedor may be over the hill but his throws, wrestling/sambo and balance are still fantastic...and the size advantage will only help him nullify Fails wrestling.

Chael would have to tag him hard to actually take the win and I don't know that he has the power or speed to do it...
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby blackmetalcarson » Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Darklord wrote:
1098765432 wrote:

Yeah, tell me who it is that Chael got down. Is that Wanderlei or is that Fedor who repeatedly jumped into Nog's guard with no fucks given and beat the shit out of him?
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby ethnikos » Wed May 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Chael needs to understand that Fedor comes from a different school, so there is no reason to try to promote the fight the American way.

This is no Anderson Silva or any other fighter, that got upset from Chaels comments. Fedor simply doesn't care, deal with it and focus on the fight. Fedor will be hard to take down due to the weight difference, and even if he does it will be hard to keep him there or avoid losing an arm.
ethnikos
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm

ethnikos wrote:Chael needs to understand that Fedor comes from a different school, so there is no reason to try to promote the fight the American way.

This is no Anderson Silva or any other fighter, that got upset from Chaels comments. Fedor simply doesn't care, deal with it and focus on the fight. Fedor will be hard to take down due to the weight difference, and even if he does it will be hard to keep him there or avoid losing an arm.

If Chael copies the performance he had against Aleksey Olyiinik in Bodog fights ( I miss that random organization dammit lol) against Fedor I will be so pissed. So much stalling in guard.

I can't imagine he will but who the fuck knows.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby ethnikos » Wed May 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
ethnikos wrote:Chael needs to understand that Fedor comes from a different school, so there is no reason to try to promote the fight the American way.

If Chael copies the performance he had against Aleksey Olyiinik in Bodog fights ( I miss that random organization dammit lol) against Fedor I will be so pissed. So much stalling in guard.

I can't imagine he will but who the fuck knows.

You cannot really stall with Fedor, I will be surprised because on top of it this time Fedor will be the bigger guy
ethnikos
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion