Close
Login
Register

If he ever gets to fight in the UFC again

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

If he ever gets to fight in the UFC again

Postby philphan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:27 pm

DC is up on a third fight.

Daniel Cormier says third fight with Jon Jones would be ‘even better’ than first two

No matter who Daniel Cormier fights or what he accomplishes from this point on in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, the ghost of Jon Jones will always haunt him. After all, Jones is the only man to ever defeat “DC” inside of the cage.

As Jones continues his battle to clear his name under United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) persecution, the likelihood of the two light heavyweights fighting for a third time is becoming slimmer by the day. Jones has no timetable for a return and Cormier already has his hands full with a superfight opposite current UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic at UFC 226 this July.

Still, Cormier is eager to fight Jones one last time. Having already tasted defeated twice at the hands of “Bones” — most recently a knockout loss at UFC 214 that was later overturned to a no contest following a Jones failed drug test — “DC” is willing to put it all on the line again against a man he seemingly can’t beat.

“I want to fight Jon Jones,” Cormier told MMAjunkie over the weekend. “I do. I still feel I can win. I know that I’ve lost twice and last fight I got kicked in the head, but I feel like we were having a good fight, and I feel like every fight’s been good. I feel like if we fought a third time, it would be even better. I want to fight Jon Jones. That’ll never change.”

Cormier, 39, has defeated each and every light heavyweight that UFC has thrown his way other than Jones. That includes elite contenders like Alexander Gustafsson and Anthony Johnson, as well as quick-rising knockout artist Volkan Oezdemir, who “DC” finished via second-round TKO in his most recent title defense at UFC 220. But despite all of his accolades, Cormier would love the chance to avenge the only losses of his career should Jones be eligible to return.

“I thought (the door on a third Jones fight) was closed, but you asked me what I want,” Cormier said. “Is that a possibility? I’m not sure. But as a competitor, it’s what I want. You don’t always get what you want, but I feel like if we had the opportunity again it would be a good fight. But that’s what I want. If not, I’ll fight whoever. That’s what I’ve always done. I defended the belt against Volkan Oezdemir. He was the next guy, so I fought him.”

For now, Cormier will have to focus all of his attention on Miocic. The two will do battle in just three months in the first UFC matchup between the light heavyweight and heavyweight champion.

It’s a historic moment in MMA to say the least, and one that Cormier is participating in due to the irresponsible actions of Jones. That’s irony at its finest.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Brad Tavares, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alex Oliveira, Juliana Velasquez
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: If he ever gets to fight in the UFC again

Postby philphan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Daniel Cormier Excited by Brock Lesnar Fight; Will Never Fight Cain Velasquez

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is preparing for the biggest fight of his life – figuratively and literally – as he gets ready to challenge Stipe Miocic for the heavyweight title at UFC 226 in July. As big as that fight is, and as big as a third bout with Jon Jones would be, Cormier knows there is a bigger bout that has entered the realm of possibility: Brock Lesnar. “I know that when I fight Jon Jones, I make a lot of money. I know that if I was to ever fight a Brock Lesnar, I’m gonna make even more money than I’ve ever made in my entire life,” Cormier said in a scrum with reporters after the UFC on FOX 29 weigh-in. “And, ultimately, championships and money is why we do this.”

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Brad Tavares, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alex Oliveira, Juliana Velasquez
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby PainDog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Jones would beat DC again....but he would then go on to fuck everything up and get suspended again.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm

PainDog wrote:Jones would beat DC again....but he would then go on to fuck everything up and get suspended again.
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 pm

The only clean fighter beating DC at LHW is the great Shogun Rua.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm

PBells wrote:
PainDog wrote:Jones would beat DC again....but he would then go on to fuck everything up and get suspended again.

By getting popped for jucing in order to beat DC again? :lol: Great logic you numbskulls :tup: :poop:
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 pm

1098765432 wrote:
PBells wrote:

By getting popped for jucing in order to beat DC again? :lol: Great logic you numbskulls :tup: :poop:

That was exactly PainDog's point... :lol:

Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Daniel Cormier: It would take a lot of drugs to think like ‘weird’ Jon Jones\

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former division kingpin Jon Jones will never be able to escape one another, no matter how hard they try to do so.

Just last week, “DC” caught the attention of “Bones” after proclaiming a trilogy fight is something he desires greatly, to which Jon replied by simply telling him to come and get him:

For Cormier, Jon’s Twitter game — which often consists of tweet and delete — isn’t up to par, and neither is his overall way of thinking. But to be able to understand Jones’ thought process, you need the assistance of a lot of drugs, according to the champ.

“He’s a weird fucking guy, he’s a weird cat, man. Let me tell you something, to try and delve into the mind of Jon Jones, you can’t do it without some help,” proclaimed Cormier during a recent interview on UFC Unfiltered podcast.

“It takes a lot of drugs to think like him, unless you get on a crazy high, then you will think like him. You can’t think like him just normally,” concluded Cormier, taking clear shots at the former champion’s history of drug abuse and failed drug tests.

It’s the latest chapter in an ongoing saga between the two combatants, whose bitter history has been engraved into mixed martial arts (MMA) history as perhaps the greatest rivalry of all time.

Jones is currently serving a suspension for his most recent failed drug test at UFC 214 where he knocked out Daniel Cormier to reclaim his 205-pound strap (see it), ultimately resulting in the stripping of his hardware once again.
Cormier, meanwhile, will look to cement his legacy as the greatest fighter of all time when he attempts to take the UFC’s Heavyweight title away from Stipe Miocic at the upcoming UFC 226 pay-per-view (PPV) event on July 7, 2018.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby jblaze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Personally I think Miocic retires him. DC is definitely one of the top five LHW of all time. I would include Jones, Shogun, Chuck Liddell and Rampage to round out the list.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby JTuck34 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm

PBells wrote:
1098765432 wrote:
PBells wrote:

That was exactly PainDog's point... :lol:

lol served
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Return to MMA Discussion