Close
Login
Register

BJ Penn says he may fight again

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

BJ Penn says he may fight again

Postby philphan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 am

BJ PENN NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT, BUT SEES ONE SCENARIO THAT WOULD BECKON HIM

It has been nearly a year since former two-division UFC champion BJ Penn last set foot in the Octagon. It could be a while before he does so again, if ever, but the Hawaiian has one scenario in mind that would most certainly beckon him back to the cage.

What Would Draw BJ Penn Back to the UFC Octagon?
“Everywhere I go, people ask me, ‘Are you going to fight again?'” Penn said in an interview with his home state news outlet Khon2 in Honolulu.

“I’m happy that they think I’m young enough and they think that I still got a chance. A big part is my family. Getting hurt and different things. As you get older, the wear and tear of it, but I’m not looking out. I wouldn’t go around talking to the UFC and asking them to get me a fight somewhere, but if something happened and the UFC came to Hawai’i and I’m still young enough to do it, I don’t see how I can turn that particular fight down.”

Though Penn is one of the more decorated and popular fighters in UFC history, he’s found it rough going trying to keep up with the times. He’s still competitive, but after going 15-5-1 in his first 21 professional bouts, Penn is 1-7-1 in his last nine trips to the Octagon.

He’s tried dropping weight classes, training with Greg Jackson in New Mexico, and more, but hasn’t been able to crack the code that puts him on the winning track in today’s UFC.

The UFC is Finally Considering an Event in Hawaii
Fellow Hawaiian Max Holloway is the current UFC featherweight champion and has been dominating his division. Having become one of the more popular fighters on the roster, Holloway has the UFC brass considering its first event in Hawaii.

Going to Hawaii has long been on UFC president Dana White’s wish list, but he has been hesitant because the only stadium big enough to make the expensive trip to Hawaii worth while is Aloha Stadium, an outdoor venue. Weather in Hawaii is notorious for rain, which is something that has made White gun shy on holding an event there.

With Holloway running red hot, the UFC has been in talks with officials in Hawaii about finally taking a chance and putting an event together in Honolulu. That is something that Penn could not let pass him by.

“That would be unbelievable. You see all kinds of rumors and stuff and the last time I was in Vegas, I saw the MMA commission from Hawaii and someone representing Aloha Stadium up there, so it’s interesting. I would love to see something happen. It would mean everything,” said Penn.

“I think that if you get it in the summertime in July or August. I think they can just build a tent overnight like they did in Abu Dhabi. Just put a tent up and everything would be fine.”

Everything would be fine and Penn would likely make one more trip to the Octagon.

Spoiler:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Logan Storley, Bobby Moffett, Ty-wan Claxton, Montel Jackson
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: BJ Penn says he may fight again

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:44 am

WAR BJ PENN!!!!!

Only one fight that makes sense for him at this point......

Spoiler:

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
9th Professional Linker Victory
9th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby TFlock » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am

He must need the money really badly. Will only fight a can.

Give him CM Punk.
August A League Team
Demetrious Johnson
Iuri Alcantara
Jason Jackson
James Vick

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby dipset52 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:02 am

Who gives a fuck

Fuck bj penn I can't stand him.

Give him Melvin gullard so they can both die in there together

Or Chris avila
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:07 am

Tha classic case of PhilDawg throwing a tantrum and not embracing the truth.....

Deceptacon won't be around 'that much' for the next 6 months....

BJ Penn thread...... ... how typical.. .

:lol: :lol:

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Tha classic case of PhilDawg throwing a tantrum and not embracing the truth.....

:lol: I don't make up the news, this isn't Greece. I just post what I read. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 pm

I feel bad for the poor bastard that signs on the dotted line to fight BJ in Hawaii.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:I feel bad for the poor bastard that signs on the dotted line to fight BJ in Hawaii.

Spoiler:

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 am

Just bring back Dennis Siver
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

philphan wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Tha classic case of PhilDawg throwing a tantrum and not embracing the truth.....

:lol: I don't make up the news, this isn't Greece. I just post what I read. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are killing me. . .

Back on topic, first of all the only fight left for Penn is against Edgar at FW. BJ is still 1-1 against Edgar at LW.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby philphan » Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
philphan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are killing me. . .

Back on topic, first of all the only fight left for Penn is against Edgar at FW. BJ is still 1-1 against Edgar at LW.
Spoiler:

How about BJ just stays the fuck away from Frankie and challenges someone at 155? Come in well fed and fight a lower ranked guy. Just come back to bang at first and get your taste for blood back.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby jblaze » Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 pm

I think BJ would get outsized at 135 these days it turns out there is no muscle underneath the fat.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat May 19, 2018 8:52 pm

jblaze wrote:I think BJ would get outsized at 135 these days it turns out there is no muscle underneath the fat.

He has always been outsized but he needs that fat back to succeed.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
jblaze wrote:I think BJ would get outsized at 135 these days it turns out there is no muscle underneath the fat.

He has always been outsized but he needs that fat back to succeed.

BJ needs to have a real boy. I think he only has daughters.. His daughters and wife have turned him into a civilized human being. And that's the worst thing that can happen to a fighter.

Coleman has daughters, but he is 'white trash-ish', so it can't affect him.

BJ needs to make his wife have a boy, or he just needs to try and find his balls back. Start cheating on the wife.. Abusing the neighbors.. He needs to embrace that little cunt inside him.

Unless he becomes 'real' and homocidal, he ain't getting another W.

BJ Penn never was a decision machine..

So... Without his killer enstict he is just another BUM.

''

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm

+
^^

he needs to run a few miles cause that skinny fat little bastard doesn;t have cardio to last mmore than 2 minutes.

''

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion