Close
Login
Register

Bisping forcing Luck into retirement

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Bisping forcing Luck into retirement

Postby philphan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:27 am

Bisping asks fans on Twitter: Should I force Luke Rockhold into retirement?

Michael Bisping’s retirement fight still hasn’t been booked, but the former UFC middleweight champion seems interested in a rematch with arch rival Luke Rockhold.

Bisping and Rockhold have gone back and forth in the media over the past few weeks, with ex-Strikeforce and UFC middleweight champ Rockhold stating that he would be forced to retire if he were to lose to Bisping in a rematch.

Bisping, who was originally expected to fight at next week’s UFC Fight Night 127 event at the O2 Arena in London, England, responded on Twitter by asking fans if they would like to see him shut Rockhold up for good.

‘The Count’ and Rockhold have a rivalry dating back to 2014, when Rockhold choked out Bisping with a guillotine choke in the headlining bout at UFC Fight Night 55. Bisping, however, shocked the world when he knocked out Rockhold in the first round of their championship rematch at UFC 199, becoming the first British UFC champion in the promotion’s history.

The 39-year-old has also teased at fighting Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida, although a trilogy epic with Rockhold makes the most sense from a business and career perspective. Bisping and Rockhold are both coming off losses, and a third grudge match between the two rivals is sure to make for an exciting Fight Night headliner.

Chinny Chin Chin........................
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Bisping forcing Luck into retirement

Postby philphan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Luke Rockhold calls Yoel Romero’s post-fight antics at UFC 221 ‘ridiculous’
Luke Rockhold had just been knocked out, he was gathering himself and being helped to his feet.

Then, Yoel Romero, the man who just sent Rockhold into unconsciousness with punches to his head, came across the cage, parted officials and security and was allowed to speak to Rockhold, put his hands on him and kiss him on the cheek. This was all going on as Rockhold probably should have been being examined by the ringside physician.

The Western Australia Combat Sports Commission (WACSC), a relatively new entity, was panned immediately for allowing that to happen. And Rockhold himself was not real happy about it, he told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour.

“For him to come across the cage like that, it’s just ridiculous for them to let him do that,” Rockhold said. “Not a big fan of how he carries himself. He’s a bit fake. I’m not really saying how I feel. I am who I am. Like it or hate it.”

The bout in the main event of UFC 221 was supposed to be for the interim middleweight title. But Romero missed weight by 1.7 pounds the day prior, so he could not win he belt had he beaten Rockhold. However, Rockhold could have.

Weight wasn’t just an issue for Romero, who took the bout on short notice after Robert Whittaker pulled out. Rockhold said he had a difficult weight cut and the WACSC does not use an earlier weigh-in like other commissions do, meaning he had to spend more time dehydrated and have less time to rehydrate.

“Yoel felt strong,” Rockhold said. “He felt big. I didn’t feel my best. … The weight cuts are getting to me these days.”

The knockout happened in the third round. Rockhold, 33, was doing pretty well up until that point. But Romero caught him with a huge punch as he was moving back and then followed up with a brutal left after Rockhold was dropped.

“The man felt like cement,” Rockhold said. “I thought i could really take his movement and force him to wrestle more, but that really wasn’t the case. … I had to work around my kicks. I just didn’t put it together like I should have.”

Rockhold, the former middleweight champion, said he’ll likely move up to light heavyweight now. But the whole experience with Romero seemed to leave a bad taste in his mouth. The California native was already not a fan of Romero, because he failed a USADA drug test in 2016. Romero only received a six-month suspension after tests concluded he had taken a tainted dietary supplement.

“Guess what? He’s the man who opened his mouth and talked shit while I had the title and he went and popped for steroids,” Rockhold said. “So, yeah he got by on that somehow, but f*ck off. You know what you’re putting in your body. I’m tired of people like this just trying to find loopholes and ways around these things.”

Romero didn’t actually test positive for a steroid; it was a substance called Ibutamoren, more in the hormonal family than anabolic. Not that it matters to Rockhold, who also called out Jon Jones and Anderson Silva as performance-enhancing drug users.

“I don’t know why you get a pass in this sport, but a lot of guys get passes,” Rockhold said. “Not a fan of it. I’ve always fought clean, I’ve never cheated my way through this sport, I’ve always done everything the right way. Unfortunately, not everybody follows that path.”

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Bromero dishing out pain

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Seamus415 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Future UK ambassador to Russia? Bisbing's diplomatic skills are ... something.
How long would a faith-based electrician last?
Seamus415
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 am

"But the whole experience with Romero seemed to leave a bad taste in his mouth"
:P
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:08 pm

1098765432 wrote:"But the whole experience with Romero seemed to leave a bad taste in his mouth"

:lol: Is that the taste of blood?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby mrbwo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 am

GSP beating Bisping saved his career. Imagine the ass whipping he woulda received in the rematch Rochold, or vs Yoel, or Whitaker, or Jacare. Probably woulda beaten Brunson though.
Karma is everything.

Jon Jones >> Your Favorite Fighter
mrbwo
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:50 am

Ah the classic retirement match.

Even though his time as champ was complete horse poop, Bisping has had a crazy career and it would be fun to see this as the main event of another Manchester card or something.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby robdogj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm

doesn't look like Bisping is ready to take on Rockhold. I know it's a long interview, but Da Count is debating on fighting again
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 pm

philphan wrote:
1098765432 wrote:"But the whole experience with Romero seemed to leave a bad taste in his mouth"

Sure and the taste of Romero's lips
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 pm

1098765432 wrote:
philphan wrote:

:lol: :lol: Luck probably still has a hard on from that kiss.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby 1098765432 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 pm

philphan wrote:
1098765432 wrote:
philphan wrote:

:lol: :lol: Luck probably still has a hard on from that kiss.

As does Slevin
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby robdogj » Thu May 10, 2018 11:00 am

It appears that Bisping has officially retired

so do we use the R.I.P. symbol for this? :shock:
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Legionarivs » Thu May 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Sucks Rockhold vs Bisping III didn't happen. :roll: But good for Bisping he retired.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby philphan » Thu May 10, 2018 6:38 pm

robdogj wrote:It appears that Bisping has officially retired

so do we use the R.I.P. symbol for this? :shock:

I wish he would stick around to KO Luck after Gus KO's Luck and sends him back down to 185.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion