Close
Login
Register

Max vs Ortega next

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Max vs Ortega next

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Either Ortega catches Max in a slick sub or Max "It is what it is" Holloway just lights Brian Taco up all night and stays out of that clinch. Ortega could still win by ko but Max has a very solid chin and is the most technically capable striker Brian has ever faced. Another note. These guys are nearly the same size so that advantage is pretty much nullified.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion

Postby philphan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:50 am

ebickmeyer wrote:Either Ortega catches Max in a slick sub or Max "It is what it is" Holloway just lights Brian Taco up all night and stays out of that clinch. Ortega could still win by ko but Max has a very solid chin and is the most technically capable striker Brian has ever faced. Another note. These guys are nearly the same size so that advantage is pretty much nullified.

Good break down buddy. Each guy has a way they could pull it off. We still don't know what Taco has over a 5 round fight. Max has had more tests and has more experience. So we will get to see how much potential Taco has. If Taco was to shock the world and finish Max, this early in his career, it would be fucking awesome. It is interesting that both of these guys are talking about moving up to 155, when they could both stay and make 145 the new Money division. :moneybag: :cash: :bill:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Robert Whittaker, Tyson Pedro, Juan Archuleta, Jordan Young
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby philphan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:33 am

Max better not overlook Taco.

Max Holloway wants Khabib Nurmagomedov over Conor McGregor - ‘To be the best you got to beat the best’

Like most Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) titleholders, featherweight champion Max Holloway is trying to make the most out of his current reign at 145 pounds. That includes potential superfights outside of the division.

Thank this guy for setting that trend.

At just 26 years of age, Hollloway has an extremely bright future. The confident Hawaiian is coming off back-to-back knockout victories over featherweight legend Jose Aldo and is close to defending his title opposite rising contender Brian Ortega later this year. If Holloway is able to get past “T-City” then he could be making a move up to 155 pounds.

While most fight fans think Holloway will lobby for a rematch with current UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and score the biggest payday of his career, “Blessed” is looking in another direction. Instead of “Notorious,” Holloway would rather test his skills against undefeated Russian title contender Khabib Nurmagomedov and see if he’s one of the very best fighters on the plnet.

“You know, everybody keep talking about me and a guy too. That Irish man [Conor McGregor],” Holloway said in a recenter interview with Mike Finch of Cage Fanatic. “Everybody want to see us run that back, everybody seems to not be talking about Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. I want Khabib. You know, to be the best you got to beat the best and one of those guys is Khabib. A lot of guys draw Tony [Ferguson]’s name. I remember Tony saying that he wanted to come down to 145-pounds, but they all can stay up there. Stay at 155-pounds, no excuses, let me come up and let me fight. I’m a big boy and we can go up. And 170-pounds ain’t so far after that.”

While welterweight is a long stretch for a rangy fighter like Holloway, lightweight is certainly an option. After all, the UFC featherweight king enjoys eating so much that a move up in weight would be a welcomed sight.

On paper, Nurmagomedov is a bad matchup for Holloway. The Russian fighter has amassed an unscathed 25-0 record while dominating promotional veterans like Rafael dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, and Michael Johnson with ferocious ground-and-pound and grappling. But that doesn’t mean Holloway wouldn’t be able to jump in weight and pull off the upset.

Before any of that happens, though, Holloway must defend his title against the only man to ever finish Frankie Edgar and Khabib must capture his first UFC championship when he takes on interim lightweight king Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 on April 7.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby defenceman1845 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 am

Why is it impossible to post a gif on this site..

https://giphy.com/gifs/max-mission-impo ... 2urJZ68wdq
defenceman1845
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:47 am

defenceman1845 wrote:Why is it impossible to post a gif on this site..

EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:48 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

it aint impossible....

its..mmmm possible
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Jose Aldo: Edgar Made The ‘Biggest Mistake’ Fighting Ortega At UFC 222
You won’t find former featherweight champion Jose Aldo sticking his neck out for the UFC these days. He’s been feeling unappreciated from the moment the promotion started favoring Conor McGregor over him, and actions like not granting him an immediate rematch against McGregor and not allowing him to box like McGregor haven’t helped. From this mindset comes a very obvious take on Frankie Edgar’s unfortunate loss to Brian Ortega at UFC 222. ”I just thought it was a mistake on Edgar’s end to fight Brian, who’s a very tough guy,” he said on Brazil’s ‘Giro Combate’ show (translation via MMA Junkie). “He would have fought for the title, but he risked that and lost. Now he’s all the way back there again.

Aldo is currently trying to be strategic about getting back to his former featherweight title. With two recent losses to champ Max Holloway, he knows he’s not going to get another shot until something changes at the top of the division. That’s why he’s currently calling out tough journeyman Jeremy Stephens, lest Sean Shelby match him up against another surging youngster like Ortega. If Aldo is going to fight someone like that, it better be for a belt.

“For me, a better scenario would be for Brian to win,” Aldo said when asked about the inevitable Holloway vs. Ortega fight. “Because this way I know I have big chances of fighting for the title again.”
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby defenceman1845 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Did you get it to work? It just says 'image' on my phone, but other gifs I can view.

it aint impossible....

its..mmmm possible
defenceman1845
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby bwawm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:Either Ortega catches Max in a slick sub or Max "It is what it is" Holloway just lights Brian Taco up all night and stays out of that clinch. Ortega could still win by ko but Max has a very solid chin and is the most technically capable striker Brian has ever faced. Another note. These guys are nearly the same size so that advantage is pretty much nullified.

Ortega's actually a few inches smaller..not sure about reach tho.

I think you're breakdowns pretty right on tho-don't really see Ortega winning by anything but a sub
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:22 pm

defenceman1845 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Did you get it to work? It just says 'image' on my phone, but other gifs I can view.

it aint impossible....

its..mmmm possible

no in this thread for some reason
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby the_invincible » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 pm

I am leaning towards Max, its gonna be hell of a fight that is for sure :hand1: :hand2:
the_invincible
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby philphan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm

It's gonna be a fire fight.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby mrbwo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:25 am

I dont think Ortega will be able to take Max down but its possible. I also think Max is a slow starter but is purposely just so he can break his opponents down from the mid 2nd round and after. Brians best chance is somewhat of a repeat performance like he had vs Frankie Edgar imo. Brian might catch Max with a knee or kick but that would have to be early in the first round.
Karma is everything.

Jon Jones >> Your Favorite Fighter
mrbwo
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby abcd » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I see this fight similar to max vs dustin with max having success on the feet and eventually getting taken down and outgrappled
Ortega is becoming like maia and werdum where hes unfuckwithable on the ground by anyone in his division. And although his striking isnt special by any means, its still solid and that chin allows him freedom to strike with anyone.

Rooting for holloway thou
Right here
Right here
The hardest hitting one forty five pounder
The real hardest hitting one forty fiver
Right here
This guy tee kay ohs people
When i knock people out they dont fucking move
abcd
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: May 2018 MMALinker C-League Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:55 pm

After much deep thought and reflection of these two fighters I've arrived at the following conclusive pre-fight analysis:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion