Close
Login
Register

Call him Big Heathen

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Call him Big Heathen

Postby philphan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm

and call him ready for Bellator

Bellator bound? Curtis Blaydes has refreshing (and unapologetic) take on UFC fighter pay

UFC heavyweight up-and-comer, Curtis Blaydes, is coming off the biggest win of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career after turning away Mark Hunt in the UFC 221 pay-per-view (PPV) co-main event last weekend in Perth, Australia (watch the highlights here).

As a result, “Razor” is now one step closer to contending for the heavyweight strap.

UFC 221 results from last night: Curtis Blaydes vs Mark Hunt fight recap
That might be a big deal to most aspiring 265-pounders, but Blaydes isn’t trying to become a household name. He just wants to show up and bust some heads — and get paid handsomely in the process.

Call him Big Heathen.

And if he can do it by recycling cans on the Bellator roster, then he’ll gladly have that conversation with Scott Coker and Co. after his UFC deal expires, which as it stands, has just one fight remaining.

Blaydes breaks it down for MMA Junkie:

“They’ve been offering guys fat, fat contracts, and those heavyweights aren’t nearly as good as the ones in the UFC. So the enticement is there – lesser competition for more money. I don’t care if no one ever learns my name, as long as my bank account is full. Because I’m not getting hit in the face just because I like it. I know there are guys who enjoy getting hit in the face. I don’t. It pisses me off. I’m in it for the money. I don’t feel bad about that at all. I get why [Francis Ngannou] got the hype train, and I get why I’m not getting the hype train. I don’t have the eight-pack. I don’t look to stand and bang with my chin high and my hands below my waist. And I’m an American – and there are over 100-plus Americans in the UFC. I’m sure once I show the UFC I deserve it, I’ll get my due money too. I’m only 26. Most guys my age aren’t making half what I’m making, so I’m fine with that. For now.”

Blaydes wants a “decent offer” from UFC prior to his last fight.

Prior to knocking around the “Super Samoan” at UFC Perth, Blaydes (9-1, 1 NC) put together four straight wins, one of which was overturned by the Texas Athletic Commission after he flunked for weed.

Smoke Water under the bridge.

In fact, his only loss to date came against top contender Francis Ngannou at UFC Fight Night 86 back in April 2016, a technical knockout loss that occurred when the cageside doctor rules Blaydes medically unfit to continue.

UFC Perth, The Morning After: Curtis Blaydes confirms Ngannou hits harder than Mark Hunt
It will be interesting to see how UFC matches him up (as well as how it plans to pay him) moving forward, but the heavyweight division is in dire need of young, talented contenders, so let’s keep our fingers crossed.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Call him the saturday fever

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:34 pm

dance us to the end of love mr blaydes sir.. loolaby..

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Call him Big Heathen

Postby philphan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Curtis Blaydes Feels Disrespected After Being Left Out of UFC Video Game
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes made his UFC debut in April 2016 as an undefeated fighter. He suffered his first career loss that night to Francis Ngannou, but hasn’t lost since. He earned a Performance of the Night bonus in his next outing and is currently riding a three-fight winning streak. His knockout win over Adam Milstead at UFC Fight Night 104 was overturned after he tested positive for marijuana. Blaydes is essentially on a five-fight winning streak and doesn’t feel like he’s gotten the respect that he deserves. Blaydes isn’t featured in the EA Sports UFC 3 video game that was released on Feb. 2. Two fighters that he has defeated are in the game, and Blaydes feels disrespected by being left

http://www.mmaweekly.com/curtis-blaydes ... video-game
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby PainDog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm

i hope they give him dana's house and cars. all the fighters should be paid more. he needs a lot of work but fuck it 9-1 in hw is money
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:i hope they give him dana's house and cars. all the fighters should be paid more. he needs a lot of work but fuck it 9-1 in hw is money

I hope they give him a fight with JDS

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby JTuck34 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:dance us to the end of love mr blaydes sir.. loolaby..

:lol: No clue what this post means my foreign homie fragiskos, but just quoting because it made me lol

On topic: It's refreshing to see speak so clearly about his position with the UFC. I hope he makes a lot of money, I don't really care which organization it is in. His performance against Hunt was impressive, I hope they give him someone top 5 after that for his final fight
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 pm

JTuck34 wrote:

:lol: No clue what this post means my foreign homie fragiskos, but just quoting because it made me lol

On topic: It's refreshing to see speak so clearly about his position with the UFC. I hope he makes a lot of money, I don't really care which organization it is in. His performance against Hunt was impressive, I hope they give him someone top 5 after that for his final fight

Impressive? WTF he humped a 44 yr old fat Samoen warrior who is trying to retire in class for the fans but Gay Blayde robbed us of that, fuck that guy.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 am

JTuck34 wrote:

It means that Blaydes is willing to dance and cuddle you to sleep with the aid of loolabies.

So he is more of a nanny than a figher is what I was trying to say

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 pm

I like Blaydes, hope he does well and gets paid.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:16 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:I like Blaydes, hope he does well and gets paid.

I like him as well. I am gonna erase that Hunt fight. It never happened.. + at least he got rocked and managed to survive.

Not many people want to stand with Hunt.

I say... give Blaydes a fight with Alistair. ..... :-D

Spoiler:
That's exactly what you could have said about a hooker.

I like Bbblayd'ss.Hope she 'does well' and gets paid.

5$ ho

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion