Close
Login
Register

MMA journey man that you've never heard off

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

MMA journey man that you've never heard off

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm

In the modern MMA days where everything is calculated, it seems like the MMA is getting closer and closer to being an actual sport. You have sponsors, PPV cuts, fighters cutting obscene amounts of weight in order to gain the 'edge' in an attempt to compete with smaller men.

So now you get people that weigh around 190-200 and are fighting anywhere between 155 and 185.

Basically almost any fighter from LW - MW - weighs around 190-200 pounds...

They be walking around heavier than the MW limit and quite a few fighters choose to fight 3 or 4 weightclasses below their natural weight

Great, well rounded fighters that fight 2-3 times a year in an attempt to make as much money as they can.. Regardless of the way that they obtained their victory.... Humping, stalling and running away are considered great attributes these days...

Drifting apart from the gladiator persona.. Acting more like spoilt rich - boi - wrestlers.

How about these dudes down there....? ?? 160 fights between them and only 6 decisions.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dennis-Reed-617

Dennis Reed.

Age 50. His last fight was 2 years ago. In 107 fights he has never gone to distance. listed at 6'1 and 194 pounds.(220pounds, 208pounds, etc) Dennis started his career in 1996 and he has fought against quite a few MMA legends. (Evan Tanner, Rich Franklin, Severn, Fulton,Jeremy Horn,Valentijn Overeem,Houston Alexander,etc)

45 wins --- 9 kO - 35subs

62 losses --- 8 KO - 54 subs

BRIAN GREEN

5'11 - 194 pounds

32 years old.Last fight, a win in December. (Lost to Rory Markham, Houston Alexander and Gerald Harris in his 3 previous fights)

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brian-Green-4164

32W ---> 6KO 26SUBS
24L ---> 10KO - 8 SUBS - 6 DECISIONS

What other journeymen that gave 0 fucks, took on all comers, do you fookin know?

do let me know as I find this topic rather interesting..

Last edited by EvilGorilla69+1 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: MMA journey man that you've never heard off

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Interesting thread mr sir. I had not heard of either of these gentleman. Journeymen for sure. Took on all comers

Here is another random one most have not heard of perhaps.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Victor-Moreno-10378

Victor Moreno, 39-24, only 1 decision loss and 6 decision wins. Dude would fight just about anyone it sounds like

Shannon Ritch is another, 57-84 :-?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shannon-Ritch-328

Paul Jenkins. Welsh dude? British? Not sure. Remember him fighting on the prelims of all sorts of random cage warrior events and what not :lol:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Paul-Jenkins-3567

41-47! That is a lot of fights.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
What other journeymen that gave 0 fucks, took on all comers, do you fookin know?

Mr Meow wrote:Interesting thread mr sir. I had not heard of either of these gentleman. Journeymen for sure. Took on all comers

Spoiler:

Victor Moreno, 39-24, only 1 decision loss and 6 decision wins. Dude would fight just about anyone it sounds like

Paul Jenkins. Welsh dude? British? Not sure. Remember him fighting on the prelims of all sorts of random cage warrior events and what not :lol:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

That was some great choice of words there... do you know what plagiarism is?

:P

Spoiler:
Nice additions,mr scholar, Sir.. .. All I need is some good quality weed and 2 hours of research and I am sure I'll find another 1 or 2.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:28 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Mr Meow wrote:Interesting thread mr sir. I had not heard of either of these gentleman. Journeymen for sure. Took on all comers

Spoiler:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

That was some great choice of words there... do you know what plagiarism is?

:P

Spoiler:
Nice additions,mr scholar, Sir.. .. All I need is some good quality weed and 2 hours of research and I am sure I'll find another 1 or 2.

You are going to save up your shit for 2 days, take a laxative, then take a diarrhea shit in a shipping box and ship it to my address again wont you?

I deserve it but fuck man. That shit is nasty.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Killgore2025 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm

you said butfuck
Killgore2025
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 am

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fi ... -the-truth

Here is another one for ya mr frag sir.

Rey Trujillo. 23-20. Almost all of his wins or losses are by finish. No wonder he will keep getting work on the indies. Always puts on fun fights win or lose.
Mr Meow

Postby PBells » Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

Artemij Sitenkov
15W (all by submission)
16L (14 by stoppage, 2 by decision)
Has fought at 145, 135, 125, and 115
Notable wins: Conor McGregor, Neil Seery
Notable losses: I think Paddy Holohan is the best guy he's lost to...
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 02, 2018 11:13 am

PBells wrote:Image
Artemij Sitenkov
15W (all by submission)

Conor crying after that loss was pretty funny.

I remember the days when Conor actually was fighting....I brought up this loss and his nutthuggers (wont name name but we know who it was lol) said Nate Diaz being armbarred by Herpies Franca was somehow more embarrassing and worse a loss than Conor being kneebared by a guy with a losing record. :lol: :lol:
Mr Meow

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 am

^^ Some people are just helpless.. I am very glad that I don't find it necessary anymore to try and teach them some sense..

I just refuse to read their comments.. Anyway.. Keep on keeping on, dudes.

Nice addition, Mr Pbells, Sir.

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Wed May 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Conor crying after that loss was pretty funny.

:lol: Kooky Kavanagh hand-picked Sitenkov because he was the least intimidating guy available (and was 116 lbs. per the man himself) and then Connie loses a leg in a minute. Krying in Kav's arms afterwards.

Of course fighters can improve and Conor obviously did, but it just goes to show the mindset of Kavanaugh and SBG at large.
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby slevin » Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:Image
Artemij Sitenkov
15W (all by submission)

Conor crying after that loss was pretty funny.

I remember the days when Conor actually was fighting....I brought up this loss and his nutthuggers (wont name name but we know who it was lol) said Nate Diaz being armbarred by Herpies Franca was somehow more embarrassing and worse a loss than Conor being kneebared by a guy with a losing record. :lol: :lol:

irishmike?
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Double-posting because I'm an admin :mrgreen:

Hiromitsu Kanehara
19W (7 TKO, 4 sub, 8 dec)
27L (6 TKO, 5 sub, 16 dec)
Has fought at LHW mostly and MW
Notable wins: Lee Hasdell x2, Jeremy Horn, Valentijn Overeem, Dave Menne
Notable losses: Kiyoshi Tamura, Valentijn Overeem, Dan Henderson, Mario Sperry, Babalu, Big Nog, Ricardo Arona, Matt Hughes, Wanderlei, Cro Cop, Alistair Overeem, Shogun, Yuki Kondo

People who like to play the MMA version of six degrees of separation love this guy. He fought Wanderlei, Cro Cop, Overeem, and Shogun back-to-back-to-back-to-back in PRIDE and lost by TKO to all of them..... except Mirko. :lol:
PBells

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 02, 2018 2:54 pm

PBells wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Conor crying after that loss was pretty funny.

:lol: Kooky Kavanagh hand-picked Sitenkov because he was the least intimidating guy available (and was 116 lbs. per the man himself) and then Connie loses a leg in a minute. Krying in Kav's arms afterwards.

Of course fighters can improve and Conor obviously did, but it just goes to show the mindset of Kavanaugh and SBG at large.

I like Gunnar. The rest of the team can fuck off. They are so massively overrated its not even funny

They give Dillion Danis a 2-3 record fighter for his debut. Danis wins and talks shit like he is the best fighter in the world :lol:

Charlie Ward was 3-1 when the UFC signed him, his only wins over people with a losing record, solely because he is Conors buddy, dude gets wrecked in under a minute, he is now 3-2, they give him another fight and he gets slam knocked out. :lol: :lol: :pointdown:

So at 3-3 he beats a fighter with a losing record (the only ones he has victories over) in Bellator and Conor climbs over the cage, goes nuts and pushes the ref into Ward's fallen opponent still recovering on the floor (Ward almost got knocked out in that fight too LOL)

Conor was really happy to have his buddy have over a .500 record despite it being only against losing record fighters :lol:

SBG is garbage other than Gunnar and all they do is ride Conor's co tails. Its pretty pathetic actually :-?

I mean Cathal fucking Pendred (who sucks) and Artem Lobov (also sucks) are full time employed trainers at that gym. Lobov is a striking coach for fucks sake :lol: :lol: The guy who has 9% of his fights ending in a tko or ko victory and yet still fights with his hands down like he is roy jones jr

https://www.tapology.com/gyms/36-straig ... ym-ireland

Frans Mlambo, Gunnar, both talented and humble. The rest are garbage fighters and try to copy Conors shit talking to the point its just pathetic. You have 0 right to talk shit when you can only beat fighters with a losing record.

There is a reason James Gallagher has ducked fighting real competition in Bellator numerous times. The dude has turned down a fight with Mckie 3 times despite talking shit to him on twitter all the time

Where is Chute Box backstage brawls when you need them?

Please UFC do a team Khabib vs Team Mcgregor UFC event and watch Mcgregors team go 0-8
Mr Meow

Postby TFlock » Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 pm

I love it when frag gets high and makes gold threads :lol:
November B League Fantasy Team
Patricio Freire
Luis Pena
Khalil Rountree
Kirill Sidelnikov
Rashad Coulter
Francis Ngannou

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby PainDog » Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion