Close
Login
Register

Canelo vs. GGG 2

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Canelo vs. GGG 2

Postby JonB » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:10 am

Great fight! I do think GGG won, but it was pretty close. The story was similar to the last fight though. GGG started slow, but started edging him in the later rounds.
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 am

JonB wrote:Great fight! I do think GGG won, but it was pretty close. The story was similar to the last fight though. GGG started slow, but started edging him in the later rounds.

I went about how the first few rounds of the first fight went, except this time over most of the 12 rounds, in the sense that Canelo was standing his ground and not backing up.
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby H.K.D. » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 am

Delusional Canelo fans.... GGG got robbed again.
RIP Lemmy #Lemmyisgod #Godisdead
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby PainDog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:38 am

H.K.D. wrote:Delusional Canelo fans.... GGG got robbed again.

Only someone delusional would call the outcome of that fight a "robbery" regardless of who got the win.

It was clearly a close fight and GGG didn't really start to take clear control until around 9.

10 was the most dominant round for either fighter and was Golovkin's

12 was close and could have gone either way
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:46 am

I scored it for Canelo, but I agree with this article from bloody elbow

Of course with any close fight like this the big talk afterwards is going to be the scoring. And look, I get it. Canelo has gotten very (VERY) favorable scorecards over the years. And I scored this 115-113 GGG myself. But to call this a robbery seems silly. Pacquiao vs. Bradley I is a robbery. This? This was a super close fight with probably 75% of the rounds being tough to call toss-ups. If some gave two more of those toss-ups to Canelo than I did? Well, that’s OK - it’s what happens in a close fight.

Instead of focus on the anger over the scores, let’s focus on the fight, because it really was a tremendous fight. Canelo came out aggressive and used very good body work throughout. GGG used the jab, and came on strong in the end. Both men had their strategies, and both gave it their all. It just favored Canelo in the eyes of the judges.

Will we see Canelo vs. GGG 3? It’s lilely, and Canelo himself said so post-fight. Golovkin did not, as he left the ring before being interviewed. The only potential impediment is that Golovkin is now 36 and winding down. Clearly there is no bigger money fight for him than a 3rd clash with Canelo, but he also has some decisions to make about what comes next.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/16/1 ... boxing-ppv
Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby pithikos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 am

Damn it was a great fight. I thought GGG won again 116-112 but Canelo fought fucking spectacular this time around and it was close enough that you cant really call it a robbery like last time. What a fight!!! them chins on these guys
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:32 am

What a great fight. Canelo turned it around this time and pressed forward most of the fight. GGG looked older and a little slower than last time. I had it scored 7-5 for Canelo but some of those rounds were really close. I get the feeling if they fight for a 3rd time Canelo will do even better. Fun fight tho. :hand1:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby KARHU-III » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

Boxing with gloves sucks. Third fight should be a bare knuckle fight with no time limit.
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion