Close
Login
Register

Why is the UFC trying to bury Ryan Hall?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Why is the UFC trying to bury Ryan Hall?

Postby bruins2012 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:11 am

The guy has world class jiu jitsu, won TUF, and we haven't heard anything about him since beat Artem. He dominated in the TUF Finals at lightweight and now plans to move back down to featherweight. I'm hoping he gets a fight soon.

Who would you want him to fight at FW?

Maybe Myles Jury or Clay Guida?

https://giant.gfycat.com/LiveImpressionableFugu.gif

^^That is awesome technique^^

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Re: Why is the UFC trying to bury Ryan Hall?

Postby stvgabriel » Sun May 08, 2016 1:28 am

That back take at 1:20 was a thing of beauty

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2017 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Sun May 08, 2016 1:29 am

They are burying him because he made connors 5 cent fuckboy look like the 11-12 fighter that he is?

no but I would love to see him fight again. He is a tiny FW, he should cut to BW and be an average to above average sized one. His jiu jitsu is very creative, aggressive and fun to watch. Hopefully he is really drilling his striking, takedowns and striking sequences to camouflage his takedown.

Very smart guy too. Interesting personality. He would make a phenomenal coach at some point I can only imagine.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby ebickmeyer » Sun May 08, 2016 1:35 am

I think the UFC brass and Hall butt heads. Hall isn't a hugely marketable fighter being a ground fighter and a grinder at times.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion, July 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 am

Mr Meow wrote:They are burying him because he made connors 5 cent fuckboy look like the 11-12 fighter that he is?

no but I would love to see him fight again. He is a tiny FW, he should cut to BW and be an average to above average sized one. His jiu jitsu is very creative, aggressive and fun to watch. Hopefully he is really drilling his striking, takedowns and striking sequences to camouflage his takedown.

Very smart guy too. Interesting personality. He would make a phenomenal coach at some point I can only imagine.

I read that he has been training with Kenny Florian, who was also a jiu jitsu fighter that also added other added to his impressive jiu jitsu base. I could see Ryan Hall being a version similar to Kenny and how he fought.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby draphius » Sun May 08, 2016 2:49 am

honestly i think Hall is smart. he knows he isnt capable of getting a belt yet so hes probly just rounding out his game waiting to make the big debut when he knows hes atleast good enough to make a run. it would be funny if he got cooler'ed by conor though. fucked up but funny
draphius
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:30 pm

bruins2012 wrote:The guy has world class jiu jitsu, won TUF, and we haven't heard anything about him since beat Artem. He dominated in the TUF Finals at lightweight and now plans to move back down to featherweight. I'm hoping he gets a fight soon.

Who would you want him to fight at LW?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:The guy has world class jiu jitsu, won TUF, and we haven't heard anything about him since beat Artem. He dominated in the TUF Finals at lightweight and now plans to move back down to featherweight. I'm hoping he gets a fight soon.

Spoiler:

Son of a bitch!!!!!!

Spoiler:

:P

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:23 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:

Spoiler:

Son of a bitch!!!!!!

Spoiler:

:P

Spoiler:
:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JTuck34 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 am

Pretty sure he is getting buried because of the gray maynard fight.

Like when Clay Guida fought Gray Maynard. The public never forgave him.

I don't think Hall's performance vs Maynard was nearly as pathetic as Guida's but I could see how the UFC could get frustrated. Personally I thought it was creative.
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 am

HIP Hyan Hall.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby slevin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Because he beat Artem
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:06 pm

It's simple UFC is getting tired of fighters who are fighting not to lose.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion