Close
Login
Register

Rousimar Palhares?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Rousimar Palhares?

Postby WandyCroCop » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 pm

He was supposed to face Jon Fitch at the latest WSOF event but his wikipedia said it was cancelled... but Jon Fitch went on to face Hallman so what happened to Palhares? Was he injured? Legal issues? I can't wait to see him take some more legs home
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

http://www.getmoresports.com
WandyCroCop
5th Professional Linker Victory

Re: Rousimar Palhares?

Postby Junior Dos Santos » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:01 am

He pulled out because one of his parents got sick so he took some time off to help take care of them I think. Fitch was talkin a bunch of shit too. Claiming Paul Harris is ducking him :lol: Can't wait to see him back in action and ripping one of Fitch's legs off.
"You gotta kill me in this mug"
ImageImage

2-0
JD-ICE - Elite 8 Tag Team Champs!!
Junior Dos Santos
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Junior Dos Santos » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am

"You gotta kill me in this mug"
ImageImage

2-0
JD-ICE - Elite 8 Tag Team Champs!!
Junior Dos Santos
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby WandyCroCop » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:18 am

So he should have a fight scheduled soon then right? IDK why it's taking this long.. unless that's just how WSOF operates :/ Since Fitch seemingly came away unscathed from the Hallman bout they should reschedule. Rousimar is 2-0 in WSOF and I think he could make a title run anywhere at anytime and come away victorious.
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

http://www.getmoresports.com
WandyCroCop

Postby estonian » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 am

He ripped off his dad's leg and now feels as if mma is to blame.
Former, two time Lightweight Sig Betting champ
Sig bet record 9-3-1
Belt bet record 4-2
estonian
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby J D » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 am

Who's mar Paul Harris?
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby PBells » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am

Costs a Phillip Poo

On-Topic Post: Guys in WSOF shouldn't be so quick to cry duck on Paul Harris, unless they hate their legs.
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby JTuck34 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Basically Rousimar declined the fight and was like: "But... My mommy is sick!(something with her leg)"

Then Fitch was like: "Well my dad is even sicker (open heart surgery), so stfu and fight me!"

Then Paul Harris was like: "Well, whatever! You just don't love your mommy as much as I love mine!"

Then Fitch was like "Real champions don't duck fights, especially ones on NBC. Paul, you are a giant pussy."

Then Paul Harris was like:

Then in the meantime, Fitch fought Dennis Hallman and was like:

7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby JTuck34 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Then, sometime in the near future, Fitch will be like:

7-3
JTuck34

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Palhares at 170 is a scary matchup for pretty much any welterweight (cough cough lombard ko'd him cough cough)

fitch needs to stfu and just wait for that title shot. the thing is he hasnt beat anyone under the wsof banner (no offense to hallman who is a legend but not really going to contend soon) anywhere near as close as steve carl, who is insanely underrated and palhares subbed in less than a minute or two if i remember

fitch may want to fight fire with fire with palhares and go to the ground, but that didnt work so well against maia nor will it work against palhares. fitches best chance is to avoid subs for like the first 3 or 4 minutes, and i mean like 4 or 5 attempts. then palhares becomes a bit mentally defeated, which he does sometimes in fights, then fitch can take it from there. however i dont see fitchs style being anything but detrimental to him, from all the shit he has been yapping about rousimar coupled with all the shit he always talks about his ground game (like giving his neck to bait people so he can pass, worked real well against maia.....) will leave him exposed to an inverted heel hook most likely. fitchs overconfidence in his own grappling, and lack of respect for rousimars will be his meowdownfall.

hooooooooooot meeeeeow has spoke
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby robdogj » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

do you think this dude in the picture is Palhares?
:shock:
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby TheMadTitan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Jesus fucking christ :lol:
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 am

robdogj wrote:do you think this dude in the picture is Palhares?

Fuck this isn't a leaked character reveal for a new mortal kombat character?

How long till they find Paul Harris slumped over in a chair, needle hanging out of ass cheek with a burst heart?
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 am

Craig Jones came to our gym and have a seminar. Hope he taps Palhares with a brutal leg lock. :tup:

He’s wearing our gym’s tank top in the video.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby PBells » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

robdogj wrote:do you think this dude in the picture is Palhares?

Has to be him, that hairline is unmistakable
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion