Page 1615 of 1616

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:27 pm
by willmma
bruins2012 wrote:Vaccines try to replicate the antibodies in people who have natural immunity against the virus after being infected by it. For fucks sake, you honestly don’t know wtf natural immunity is? Even Pfizer acknowledges natural immunity within their own studies as being just as good as the vaccine. It’s a whole new level of stupid when people claim to not have any idea what natural immunity is at this point. Lol.





:P



Kim Iverson is great, I'm a big fan. But she missed mark o Covid.

I know natural antibodies, I didn't know natural immunity meant the same thing.

Back to your original question "Will, you’re fookin delusional. Is it still true that you can’t use public transportation (trains, planes, buses) if you’re not vaxxed, even if you have natural immunity? "

To get the antibodies you have to get sick first. A more ideal situation is that you get the vaccine without all the terrible side effects which includes death.

That said, your suggesting that it should be acceptable to provide proof of antibodies instead of vaccines? That would make you feel better?

Again, covid is real and it kills. Vaccines are teal and they help fight covid. Everything else is propaganda.

Keep on not looking up.


Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:01 pm
by philphan
With eye on China, Taiwan issues its first war survival handbook
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eye-china-ta ... 07539.html
Image
Taiwan’s defense ministry released a civil defense handbook on Tuesday in an effort to prepare the public for military conflict with China, a threat that has loomed larger since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The 28-page handbook — the first of its kind the government has released in Taiwan, a self-ruling island that Beijing claims as its territory — provides illustrated information on topics including how to identify different air raid sirens, what to do if water and energy lines are cut, and where to shelter from missiles. Individual localities are encouraged to fill in information specific to their area.

The handbook aims to raise civic awareness of how to respond to emergency situations before they occur, and provide knowledge on how to survive if they do, according to ministry official Liu Tai-yi.

“We hope the public can make the necessary emergency preparations in ordinary times before they happen, and to know where to shelter from disasters,” Liu said at an online news conference.

The handbook is similar to ones issued by the governments of Sweden and Japan, he added.

Other information provided includes how to treat injuries caused by explosions, how to stem blood flow from injuries, and how to deal with skin burns.

Although work on the handbook began before Russia launched its attack on Ukraine on Feb. 24, its release comes as Taiwanese public conversation turns increasingly toward the threat of Chinese invasion.

Beijing views democratic Taiwan and its population of 23 million as an inalienable part of China and reacts aggressively to any suggestion that Taiwan is its own country. Local polling in Taiwan in recent years has shown an overwhelming majority of the population has no desire to become a part of China.

Chinese leader Xi Jinping has vowed to “unify” Taiwan with China, by force if necessary, if Taiwan ever makes a formal declaration of independence. The Chinese military regularly flies jets into Taiwan’s self-identified air defense zone in an effort to wear down Taiwanese security forces, in what analysts have dubbed “gray-zone warfare.”

For some analysts, Tuesday’s publication was not enough.

“By itself this template is insufficient ... Taiwan will require long-term commitment to boost both its civilian preparedness and military capacity,” Wen-Ti Sung, a Taiwan expert at the Australian National University’s Australian Center on China in the World, told NBC News.

Sung nevertheless described the handbook as a “good starting point.”

China and Taiwan have been closely watching the Ukraine conflict for its implications in their own relations, though both assert there are fundamental differences between the two situations. Experts say Beijing has taken notice of the diplomatic support for Ukraine and the strength of international sanctions against Russia, as well as the difficulties Russian forces have experienced on the ground.

That could make China less inclined to take military action against Taiwan, at least for now, said Shin Kawashima, a China scholar at the University of Tokyo.

“China learned that if they don’t really prepare for an invasion, they might not succeed,” Kawashima said at the Japan National Press Club on Monday.

There are no signs that Chinese invasion is imminent, but Taiwan is not taking any chances. The island raised its military alert shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the Ministry of National Defense has set up a dedicated task force to study the efficacy of Ukraine’s war tactics.

Taiwan has also doubled its training program for army reservists to 14 days, and calls are growing for the island’s mandatory military training to be extended from four months to one year.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:02 pm
by PainDog

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:05 am
by philphan
Image

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:25 am
by bruins2012
philphan wrote:With eye on China, Taiwan issues its first war survival handbook
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eye-china-ta ... 07539.html
Image
Taiwan’s defense ministry released a civil defense handbook on Tuesday in an effort to prepare the public for military conflict with China, a threat that has loomed larger since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The 28-page handbook — the first of its kind the government has released in Taiwan, a self-ruling island that Beijing claims as its territory — provides illustrated information on topics including how to identify different air raid sirens, what to do if water and energy lines are cut, and where to shelter from missiles. Individual localities are encouraged to fill in information specific to their area.

The handbook aims to raise civic awareness of how to respond to emergency situations before they occur, and provide knowledge on how to survive if they do, according to ministry official Liu Tai-yi.

“We hope the public can make the necessary emergency preparations in ordinary times before they happen, and to know where to shelter from disasters,” Liu said at an online news conference.

The handbook is similar to ones issued by the governments of Sweden and Japan, he added.

Other information provided includes how to treat injuries caused by explosions, how to stem blood flow from injuries, and how to deal with skin burns.

Although work on the handbook began before Russia launched its attack on Ukraine on Feb. 24, its release comes as Taiwanese public conversation turns increasingly toward the threat of Chinese invasion.

Beijing views democratic Taiwan and its population of 23 million as an inalienable part of China and reacts aggressively to any suggestion that Taiwan is its own country. Local polling in Taiwan in recent years has shown an overwhelming majority of the population has no desire to become a part of China.

Chinese leader Xi Jinping has vowed to “unify” Taiwan with China, by force if necessary, if Taiwan ever makes a formal declaration of independence. The Chinese military regularly flies jets into Taiwan’s self-identified air defense zone in an effort to wear down Taiwanese security forces, in what analysts have dubbed “gray-zone warfare.”

For some analysts, Tuesday’s publication was not enough.

“By itself this template is insufficient ... Taiwan will require long-term commitment to boost both its civilian preparedness and military capacity,” Wen-Ti Sung, a Taiwan expert at the Australian National University’s Australian Center on China in the World, told NBC News.

Sung nevertheless described the handbook as a “good starting point.”

China and Taiwan have been closely watching the Ukraine conflict for its implications in their own relations, though both assert there are fundamental differences between the two situations. Experts say Beijing has taken notice of the diplomatic support for Ukraine and the strength of international sanctions against Russia, as well as the difficulties Russian forces have experienced on the ground.

That could make China less inclined to take military action against Taiwan, at least for now, said Shin Kawashima, a China scholar at the University of Tokyo.

“China learned that if they don’t really prepare for an invasion, they might not succeed,” Kawashima said at the Japan National Press Club on Monday.

There are no signs that Chinese invasion is imminent, but Taiwan is not taking any chances. The island raised its military alert shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the Ministry of National Defense has set up a dedicated task force to study the efficacy of Ukraine’s war tactics.

Taiwan has also doubled its training program for army reservists to 14 days, and calls are growing for the island’s mandatory military training to be extended from four months to one year.


Why do you keep posting things like this?


:P

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:20 pm
by philphan
bruins2012 wrote:
philphan wrote:With eye on China, Taiwan issues its first war survival handbook
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eye-china-ta ... 07539.html
Image
Taiwan’s defense ministry released a civil defense handbook on Tuesday in an effort to prepare the public for military conflict with China, a threat that has loomed larger since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The 28-page handbook — the first of its kind the government has released in Taiwan, a self-ruling island that Beijing claims as its territory — provides illustrated information on topics including how to identify different air raid sirens, what to do if water and energy lines are cut, and where to shelter from missiles. Individual localities are encouraged to fill in information specific to their area.

The handbook aims to raise civic awareness of how to respond to emergency situations before they occur, and provide knowledge on how to survive if they do, according to ministry official Liu Tai-yi.

“We hope the public can make the necessary emergency preparations in ordinary times before they happen, and to know where to shelter from disasters,” Liu said at an online news conference.

The handbook is similar to ones issued by the governments of Sweden and Japan, he added.

Other information provided includes how to treat injuries caused by explosions, how to stem blood flow from injuries, and how to deal with skin burns.

Although work on the handbook began before Russia launched its attack on Ukraine on Feb. 24, its release comes as Taiwanese public conversation turns increasingly toward the threat of Chinese invasion.

Beijing views democratic Taiwan and its population of 23 million as an inalienable part of China and reacts aggressively to any suggestion that Taiwan is its own country. Local polling in Taiwan in recent years has shown an overwhelming majority of the population has no desire to become a part of China.

Chinese leader Xi Jinping has vowed to “unify” Taiwan with China, by force if necessary, if Taiwan ever makes a formal declaration of independence. The Chinese military regularly flies jets into Taiwan’s self-identified air defense zone in an effort to wear down Taiwanese security forces, in what analysts have dubbed “gray-zone warfare.”

For some analysts, Tuesday’s publication was not enough.

“By itself this template is insufficient ... Taiwan will require long-term commitment to boost both its civilian preparedness and military capacity,” Wen-Ti Sung, a Taiwan expert at the Australian National University’s Australian Center on China in the World, told NBC News.

Sung nevertheless described the handbook as a “good starting point.”

China and Taiwan have been closely watching the Ukraine conflict for its implications in their own relations, though both assert there are fundamental differences between the two situations. Experts say Beijing has taken notice of the diplomatic support for Ukraine and the strength of international sanctions against Russia, as well as the difficulties Russian forces have experienced on the ground.

That could make China less inclined to take military action against Taiwan, at least for now, said Shin Kawashima, a China scholar at the University of Tokyo.

“China learned that if they don’t really prepare for an invasion, they might not succeed,” Kawashima said at the Japan National Press Club on Monday.

There are no signs that Chinese invasion is imminent, but Taiwan is not taking any chances. The island raised its military alert shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the Ministry of National Defense has set up a dedicated task force to study the efficacy of Ukraine’s war tactics.

Taiwan has also doubled its training program for army reservists to 14 days, and calls are growing for the island’s mandatory military training to be extended from four months to one year.


Why do you keep posting things like this?


:P

Because you live Taiwan and I'm trying to mess with you dork. :heart: :cig: :mrgreen:

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:46 am
by Mr Meow
https://californiaglobe.com/articles/ca ... un-ruling/

This is fucked up but not too surprising :lol: You would think the AG doxing legal gun owners would be off limits but apparently not.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:04 pm
by willmma
Mr Meow wrote:https://californiaglobe.com/articles/calif-attorney-general-leaks-names-and-addresses-of-states-legal-gun-owners-following-scotus-gun-ruling/

This is fucked up but not too surprising :lol: You would think the AG doxing legal gun owners would be off limits but apparently not.



That has to be a violation of some privacy law. At a minimum it should cost him his job.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:25 pm
by Mr Meow
willmma wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:https://californiaglobe.com/articles/calif-attorney-general-leaks-names-and-addresses-of-states-legal-gun-owners-following-scotus-gun-ruling/

This is fucked up but not too surprising :lol: You would think the AG doxing legal gun owners would be off limits but apparently not.



That has to be a violation of some privacy law. At a minimum it should cost him his job.


Imagine having a crazy ex husband who is stalking your ass and you have a concealed weapons permit and then your address gets leaked :lol:

Sadly in politics there is so much failing up. He will get a promotion if anything.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:19 am
by willmma
Linkers have avoided this issue of Roe v Wade and abortion so I will pitch in with my thoughts...

On a scale from pro-choice to pro-life I lean more towards pro-life.

that said, this is ridiculous
10-year-old rape victim forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana for abortion

There has to be some allowance for these situations. Rape, incest, pregnant child, mother's life at risk... etc...
I'm ok with contraception and day after pill.
I'm not ok with late abortions, at that point you are no longer dealing with own body alone but killing another human being.

So if the day after is ok, is two days after ok? 3 days? how many days before it turns from preventing a pregnancy to killing a baby.
That is a tricky question. When does life start with a fetus? I don't know.

Pregnancy is measured in weeks after the woman's last mensural cycle, which is weird because ovulation happens around 2 weeks after so if the baby is conceived at that point then the woman is already two weeks pregnant. Pregnancy tests will test positive at 4 or 5 weeks pregnancy. A heartbeat develops at 6 or 7 weeks. My indicator for life is a heartbeat. In my opinion, any time before the heartbeat the woman is "getting pregnant" and after that she is "pregnant with a baby". I believe the woman has the right to abort up to that point (7 weeks pregnancy). After that it is no longer a question around the woman's body but also the baby's life as well.


all that said, I am glad that 10 year old was able to go to Indiana and get the pregnancy aborted. She is 10, she has no idea what's happening. Shame on Ohio for putting her through that.


Disgusting response by Governor Kristi Noem.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:43 pm
by Mr Meow
willmma wrote:Linkers have avoided this issue of Roe v Wade and abortion so I will pitch in with my thoughts...

On a scale from pro-choice to pro-life I lean more towards pro-life.

that said, this is ridiculous
10-year-old rape victim forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana for abortion

There has to be some allowance for these situations. Rape, incest, pregnant child, mother's life at risk... etc...
I'm ok with contraception and day after pill.
I'm not ok with late abortions, at that point you are no longer dealing with own body alone but killing another human being.

So if the day after is ok, is two days after ok? 3 days? how many days before it turns from preventing a pregnancy to killing a baby.
That is a tricky question. When does life start with a fetus? I don't know.

Pregnancy is measured in weeks after the woman's last mensural cycle, which is weird because ovulation happens around 2 weeks after so if the baby is conceived at that point then the woman is already two weeks pregnant. Pregnancy tests will test positive at 4 or 5 weeks pregnancy. A heartbeat develops at 6 or 7 weeks. My indicator for life is a heartbeat. In my opinion, any time before the heartbeat the woman is "getting pregnant" and after that she is "pregnant with a baby". I believe the woman has the right to abort up to that point (7 weeks pregnancy). After that it is no longer a question around the woman's body but also the baby's life as well.


all that said, I am glad that 10 year old was able to go to Indiana and get the pregnancy aborted. She is 10, she has no idea what's happening. Shame on Ohio for putting her through that.


Disgusting response by Governor Kristi Noem.


Jesus that is horrific. Poor girl. That is fucked up

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:40 am
by Alexbkk75
philphan wrote:Image


How the hell did I miss that??

Oh Gerard, you beautiful fat bastard! :lol: :lol:

He was in a lot of movies that I loved growing up. I don't blame him for leaving France back then. He did write an open letter that made a lot of sense.

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:48 am
by Alexbkk75
Regarding abortion, I find the debate rather stupid.

In modern days, it is common for people to have casual sex that sometimes result in unwanted pregnancy. Do these people then have to get married and raise a family together even though they have just met once prior being drunk? Hell no..

Women should be able to choose what they want to do. It's their body, period.

I read about the story in Florida where a judge denied the abortion request from a teenager, saying she was not mature enough to make the decision...

"You're not mature enough to abort, let's give you a kid to take care of" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, WTF guys???

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:56 pm
by philphan
Image

Re: The Official Political Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:12 pm
by willmma
We have a war in Europe that could easily escalate,

Potential world wide recession

A war over gas is threatening to erupt in the middle east within weeks

The US is poking China in the eye
(and al qaeda)


It looks like the US wants to fight Russia with Ukranians and maybe China with the Taiwanese.


The world is on the precipice and could lose control.