Page 10 of 1571

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 pm
by detfilteg
Jinzo wrote:
detfilteg wrote:
Don't get me wrong I am not for either of the top two candidates, neither of them speak to me. All I am saying is that the way it is going right now it wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ himself was elected president this country is still gonna be in the shitter for a few years before it finally recovers. When it does the government is going to control not only the government's money but also most of it's citizen's money considering how much bank stock they can buy with almost a trillion dollars.


Exactly, there is no easy solution. Right now i'm not even listening what either one of them wants to do instead i'm looking for the guy that shows leadership. He has to be clear and concise and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively. Since in office he will have to work with both parties. I'm looking for a Ronald Regan or a Bill Clinton but unfortunately none of these candidates could even come close.



I suppose the best we an do for now is hope for the best an prepare for the worst. I do not know what to do with my vote because I want to exercise my right as an American to vote for who most fits my views even if it is not a Republican or Democrat, but even in the thrid party sector I cannot find an attractive candidate.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 pm
by Jinzo
detfilteg wrote:
Jinzo wrote:
detfilteg wrote:
Don't get me wrong I am not for either of the top two candidates, neither of them speak to me. All I am saying is that the way it is going right now it wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ himself was elected president this country is still gonna be in the shitter for a few years before it finally recovers. When it does the government is going to control not only the government's money but also most of it's citizen's money considering how much bank stock they can buy with almost a trillion dollars.


Exactly, there is no easy solution. Right now i'm not even listening what either one of them wants to do instead i'm looking for the guy that shows leadership. He has to be clear and concise and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively. Since in office he will have to work with both parties. I'm looking for a Ronald Regan or a Bill Clinton but unfortunately none of these candidates could even come close.



I suppose the best we an do for now is hope for the best an prepare for the worst. I do not know what to do with my vote because I want to exercise my right as an American to vote for who most fits my views even if it is not a Republican or Democrat, but even in the thrid party sector I cannot find an attractive candidate.


Ron Paul, we have to get rid of the Federal Reserve. It's about time we print our own money without the feds charging US(the people of the united states) interest on our money being printed. If you have time watch "The Money Masters" on google. Don't worry it's no weird conspiracy it talks about how the Federal Reserve came about and how a few of our past Presidents the likes of Andrew Jackson destroyed the old Federal Reserve but they keep on coming back to lessen our standard of living.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 pm
by detfilteg
Jinzo wrote:
Ron Paul, we have to get rid of the Federal Reserve. It's about time we print our own money without the feds charging US(the people of the united states) interest on our money being printed. If you have time watch "The Money Masters" on google. Don't worry it's no weird conspiracy it talks about how the Federal Reserve came about and how a few of our past Presidents the likes of Andrew Jackson destroyed the old Federal Reserve but they keep on coming back to lessen our standard of living.


I agree with you 100% and if I do not decide on one of the thrid party candidates he endorsed then I will probably end up writing him in. I wouldn't mind if it was some weird conspiracy thing, but I think I have seen it. Will double check anyway.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 pm
by agonzalez1
detfilteg wrote:
Jinzo wrote:
Ron Paul, we have to get rid of the Federal Reserve. It's about time we print our own money without the feds charging US(the people of the united states) interest on our money being printed. If you have time watch "The Money Masters" on google. Don't worry it's no weird conspiracy it talks about how the Federal Reserve came about and how a few of our past Presidents the likes of Andrew Jackson destroyed the old Federal Reserve but they keep on coming back to lessen our standard of living.


I agree with you 100% and if I do not decide on one of the thrid party candidates he endorsed then I will probably end up writing him in. I wouldn't mind if it was some weird conspiracy thing, but I think I have seen it. Will double check anyway.


make sure you check on your ability to write in a candidate...last time i voted in the mid term election/tx gubernatorial...it was electronic...and i can't recall seeing somewhere to write/type in another name...

btw...I voted for Kinky ;)

UPDATE...i knew my suspicion was correct...

http://mfoster.com/misc/write-in_rules_2008.html

I dont know exactly how reliable this site is...but you get the idea..find out how your state works.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:41 am
by I 3at Pain
Obama, yeah right. He will RUIN this country. Even worse than it is now. Trust me, his fricken political campaign started in Bill Ayers room. A TERRORIST! Then when he was asked about it he lied. We cannot have someone who if we get nuked, will not stand up like man. He will sit there and suck his thumb. Obama is not the way to go.

I know people that are niether and are voting for Obama cuz of his popularity, its bull.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:15 am
by Lamer
I 3at Pain wrote:Obama, yeah right. He will RUIN this country. Even worse than it is now. Trust me, his fricken political campaign started in Bill Ayers room. A TERRORIST! Then when he was asked about it he lied. We cannot have someone who if we get nuked, will not stand up like man. He will sit there and suck his thumb. Obama is not the way to go.

I know people that are niether and are voting for Obama cuz of his popularity, its bull.



The part about any country nuking another country made me laugh so hard I almost pissed myself. You remember what happened the last time the US and nukes were brought up? It's called the Cold War, look it up.


I strongly urge you all to vote third party.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:31 am
by agonzalez1
I believe the point of Mr. 3at Pain is that Obama has consistently dodged those that would ask tough questions of him. When Obama says he'll meet without condition to sponsors of terrorism to essentially legitimize their regimes...yet at the same time, he refused to show up on Fox News for a primary (all of the Dems for that matter) you see a man that is not ready to face the true confrontations that the world will throw at him.

You saw today that Obama complained that were it not for Foxnews portraying him as a "freak" that he would be higher in the polls by 2-3 points. The truth is, that he does not like any dissenting opinion as modern liberalism has sought to crush dissenting opinion (see net neutrality, the fairness doctrine, obama's "truth" squads). The fact that one out of a dozen major television news sources is contra to the Obama Cult of Personality campaign actually shouldn't be a big issue. Yet FoxNews has the largest television audience day in and day out. Obama complains and calls out Sean Hannity by name..yet doesn't have the decency to appear on his show to face the questions that would be asked of him.

John McCain does not back down...he went onto the view of all places and was nearly accused of being in support of the slave trades by whoopi. He attended the NAACP where he was most certainly sticking out like a sore thumb (blacks support obama 97% - 3% source: Time magazine). And he has apppeared countless times on NBC where they have essentially made it their policy to support Obama.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:46 am
by Stand-up_Philosopher
I know we should vote but why should we vote for Obama or McCain. Come on people. Fight the power ! War Third party !

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 am
by agonzalez1
Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:I know we should vote but why should we vote for Obama or McCain. Come on people. Fight the power ! War Third party !


Sunday is your day, SUP

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... ty-debate/

Nader is perhaps the only viable one. Baldwin is a constitutionalist therefore no one in the media cares to see him. Barr is a RINO opportunist under the guise of Libertarian. McKinney is an opportunist. She's running as a Green even though she's been a Dem the whole time and that is the reason Nader is running on a different party.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:46 am
by Jim Hellen
Honestly the way I see it neither one of them are really going to be able to do anything with the economy, I mean if you think there's going to be some big "change" when one of them gets into office you're dreaming ok. So I'm voting based on their characters pretty much, and you look at their characters and past and you'll see Barack Obama has been working on boards, friends with and getting fundraisers from a former terrorist who bombed our OWN country in Bill Ayers. He associated and attended a church that had anti-american and racist ideals, his mentor of 20 years and the guy he chose to have him marry his wife was the reverand Jeremiah Wright, a guy who said things in his speeches like "God Bless America? No,no God Damn America!" or how the rich white man is the problem in our society today. Not to mention Obama has only been a senator for 3 years. Versus John McCain, a guy who served for OUR country in Vietnam, who was tortured for years as a POW, a man who has no ties to any terrorists or racists, and a guy who has been a senator since 1982. To me the choice seems pretty clear and I'm going to be voting John McCain this election.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am
by groundzero
does anybody else feel like we are actually voting for the vice president? i mean how fucking old is john mccain 72? His heart could stop at any minute and come on sara palin as president might as well kill yourself and as for obama well hell you know someone out there is gonna be gunning for the first black president

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 am
by detfilteg
Jim Hellen wrote:Honestly the way I see it neither one of them are really going to be able to do anything with the economy, I mean if you think there's going to be some big "change" when one of them gets into office you're dreaming ok. So I'm voting based on their characters pretty much, and you look at their characters and past and you'll see Barack Obama has been working on boards, friends with and getting fundraisers from a former terrorist who bombed our OWN country in Bill Ayers. He associated and attended a church that had anti-american and racist ideals, his mentor of 20 years and the guy he chose to have him marry his wife was the reverand Jeremiah Wright, a guy who said things in his speeches like "God Bless America? No,no God Damn America!" or how the rich white man is the problem in our society today. Not to mention Obama has only been a senator for 3 years. Versus John McCain, a guy who served for OUR country in Vietnam, who was tortured for years as a POW, a man who has no ties to any terrorists or racists, and a guy who has been a senator since 1982. To me the choice seems pretty clear and I'm going to be voting John McCain this election.



Why is it that whenever someone talks about John McCain's military record it is only about him being tourtured as a POW? No one ever states how he got there in the first place. Or the fact that he had a track record for crashing and destroying US aircraft. If he was half the soldier his four star Amiral father and grandfather were then he would have never been in that POW camp in the first place. I do give McCain credit for being a very physically tough individual for making it through the POW camp, but I do not give him credit for being shot down due to his inadequacies as a pilot.

Perhaps I am being unsympathtic in this issue but I cannot vote for someone just because they put themselves in a bad situation and lived through it. I know many many Vietnam vets due to my job with the military, but that does not qualify any one of them for the presidency.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 am
by Jim Hellen
detfilteg wrote:
Jim Hellen wrote:Honestly the way I see it neither one of them are really going to be able to do anything with the economy, I mean if you think there's going to be some big "change" when one of them gets into office you're dreaming ok. So I'm voting based on their characters pretty much, and you look at their characters and past and you'll see Barack Obama has been working on boards, friends with and getting fundraisers from a former terrorist who bombed our OWN country in Bill Ayers. He associated and attended a church that had anti-american and racist ideals, his mentor of 20 years and the guy he chose to have him marry his wife was the reverand Jeremiah Wright, a guy who said things in his speeches like "God Bless America? No,no God Damn America!" or how the rich white man is the problem in our society today. Not to mention Obama has only been a senator for 3 years. Versus John McCain, a guy who served for OUR country in Vietnam, who was tortured for years as a POW, a man who has no ties to any terrorists or racists, and a guy who has been a senator since 1982. To me the choice seems pretty clear and I'm going to be voting John McCain this election.



Why is it that whenever someone talks about John McCain's military record it is only about him being tourtured as a POW? No one ever states how he got there in the first place. Or the fact that he had a track record for crashing and destroying US aircraft. If he was half the soldier his four star Amiral father and grandfather were then he would have never been in that POW camp in the first place. I do give McCain credit for being a very physically tough individual for making it through the POW camp, but I do not give him credit for being shot down due to his inadequacies as a pilot.

Perhaps I am being unsympathtic in this issue but I cannot vote for someone just because they put themselves in a bad situation and lived through it. I know many many Vietnam vets due to my job with the military, but that does not qualify any one of them for the presidency.



No, the point is John McCain served for our country while Barack Obama befriended people who denounce our country, does that not show each other's judgements?

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:22 am
by detfilteg
Jim Hellen wrote:
detfilteg wrote:
Jim Hellen wrote:Honestly the way I see it neither one of them are really going to be able to do anything with the economy, I mean if you think there's going to be some big "change" when one of them gets into office you're dreaming ok. So I'm voting based on their characters pretty much, and you look at their characters and past and you'll see Barack Obama has been working on boards, friends with and getting fundraisers from a former terrorist who bombed our OWN country in Bill Ayers. He associated and attended a church that had anti-american and racist ideals, his mentor of 20 years and the guy he chose to have him marry his wife was the reverand Jeremiah Wright, a guy who said things in his speeches like "God Bless America? No,no God Damn America!" or how the rich white man is the problem in our society today. Not to mention Obama has only been a senator for 3 years. Versus John McCain, a guy who served for OUR country in Vietnam, who was tortured for years as a POW, a man who has no ties to any terrorists or racists, and a guy who has been a senator since 1982. To me the choice seems pretty clear and I'm going to be voting John McCain this election.



Why is it that whenever someone talks about John McCain's military record it is only about him being tourtured as a POW? No one ever states how he got there in the first place. Or the fact that he had a track record for crashing and destroying US aircraft. If he was half the soldier his four star Amiral father and grandfather were then he would have never been in that POW camp in the first place. I do give McCain credit for being a very physically tough individual for making it through the POW camp, but I do not give him credit for being shot down due to his inadequacies as a pilot.

Perhaps I am being unsympathtic in this issue but I cannot vote for someone just because they put themselves in a bad situation and lived through it. I know many many Vietnam vets due to my job with the military, but that does not qualify any one of them for the presidency.



No, the point is John McCain served for our country while Barack Obama befriended people who denounce our country, does that not show each other's judgements?



I do not judge Obama by the whole Ayers thing. I judge him on his socialistic views. As I stated before I will vote for neither of these two men because neither of them speak to me even on a very small level. I cannot connect with either one because both of them have policies that do not agree with my ideals as a person and the role I think government should play in my life, and I will not vote for the "less of two evils" because I do not vote for evil no matter how small.

The only point I was trying to make is that McCain isn't the great soldier everyone makes him out to be. His grandfather and father were, but young McCain just could not acheive the same standard that was put before him by his relatives.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am
by s8championjgh
I do not judge Obama by the whole Ayers thing. I judge him on his socialistic views. As I stated before I will vote for neither of these two men because neither of them speak to me even on a very small level. I cannot connect with either one because both of them have policies that do not agree with my ideals as a person and the role I think government should play in my life, and I will not vote for the "less of two evils" because I do not vote for evil no matter how small.

The only point I was trying to make is that McCain isn't the great soldier everyone makes him out to be. His grandfather and father were, but young McCain just could not acheive the same standard that was put before him by his relatives.


the thing is, one of them is going to be preseident so why not vote for the lesser of 2 evils?

how was he not a great war hero? he was a prisoner of war for sum 9 years and never gave any info to his enemy. thats pretty great in my book