Page 1 of 4

Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasquez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm
by bruins2012
FEBRUARY 17, 2019 | Talking Stick Resort Arena | Phoenix, Arizona


Main Card
ESPN, 9 p.m. ET


Francis Ngannou vs Cain Velasquez
main event

Paul Felder vs James Vick
co-main event

Cynthia Calvillo vs Cortney Casey

Alex Caceres vs Kron Gracie

Bryan Barberena vs Vicente Luque

Andre Fili vs Myles Jury



Preliminary Card
ESPN, 7 p.m. ET


Jimmie Rivera vs Aljamain Sterling

Manny Bermudez vs Benito Lopez

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Andrea Lee

Scott Holtzman vs Nik Lentz



Preliminary Card
ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET


Jodie Esquibel vs Jessica Penne

Renan Barao vs Luke Sanders

Alexandra Albu vs Emily Whitmire

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 am
by dipset52
Fuck this card.

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:27 am
by PBells
Hoping for more brutal KO's by Luque and Felder and no injuries for Cain. :angel:

Lots of WMMA to skip on this one, too!

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 am
by dipset52
PBells wrote:Hoping for more brutal KO's by Luque and Felder and no injuries for Cain. :angel:

Lots of WMMA to skip on this one, too!


Yupp.

Absolute fucking garbage.

WMMA is the worst thing to ever happen.

Holocasut
911
WMMA

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm
by DeceptaCon
dipset52 wrote:
PBells wrote:Hoping for more brutal KO's by Luque and Felder and no injuries for Cain. :angel:

Lots of WMMA to skip on this one, too!


Yupp.

Absolute fucking garbage.

WMMA is the worst thing to ever happen.

Holocasut
911
WMMA

:lol: :lol: at least its on ESPN like a real fucking sport.

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 pm
by Shuck
I got Francis via uppercuttn Cain over the Wall.. too soon?

Will take a Sigbet on It

Lookn forward to Kron's debut.. 2nd rd sub :thunder:

No possible way this card can be any less exciting than last wks spar fest

Holtz vs Lentz & Luque vs Heybarberena should be straight slugfests :tup:

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am
by kezzaman
Shuck wrote:I got Francis via uppercuttn Cain over the Wall.. too soon?

Will take a Sigbet on It

Lookn forward to Kron's debut.. 2nd rd sub :thunder:

No possible way this card can be any less exciting than last wks spar fest

Holtz vs Lentz & Luque vs Heybarberena should be straight slugfests :tup:


:lol: :lol: Not soon enough

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:37 pm
by philphan
This card had some solid match ups. If Cain comes back big he will be right back at the top of the division. HW needs him back so bad. I would love to see Dana offer him millions to fight DC. Some fuck you money that they can't turn down. :cash: :moneybag:

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm
by M3NiK
Cain should beat Ngannou 8/10 times, but, those other 2 almost outweigh the 8, ya know?

Vick is crafty against aggressive fighters when he utilizes that jab. I hope I’m wrong, but, I gotta go with Vick.

Hoping that Luque can continue that streak of homicidal octagon victories, but, I have a feeling that Barberena has a good beard on him. Guess we’ll see!

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm
by abcd
Cain was one of the first fighters i became a fan of. I wanted to get brown pride tatted on me becauase of him. Being a young 18 or 19 year old beaner seeing a relatively short mexican beat down giants like lesnar and bigfoot. It was something special to me.

But im pretty sure hes gonna get kod. Cain made his name on cardio that no one could match bit he had by no means an infinite tank. He himself would tire just not as badly as his opppnents.

At his age with his history... Especialy a history pf getting clipped once or twice per fight... Ngannou is the wrong man at the wrong time.

Ill sigbet anyone

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 pm
by philphan
M3NiK wrote:Cain should beat Ngannou 8/10 times, but, those other 2 almost outweigh the 8, ya know?

Vick is crafty against aggressive fighters when he utilizes that jab. I hope I’m wrong, but, I gotta go with Vick.

Hoping that Luque can continue that streak of homicidal octagon victories, but, I have a feeling that Barberena has a good beard on him. Guess we’ll see!

Hell yes , good break down. Good to see you buddy. We would love to see you in chat.
This weekend is full of mma, let's spend it together. :cig:

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:38 pm
by jblaze
The beautiful thing about this heavyweight matchup is Ngannou has almost nothing on the ground and Velasquez has been injury prone anf even his chin and cardio are suspect now. Not much chance it goes 3 rounds let alone five.

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm
by yoseph
So much wmma hate in this thread, but 5 of you unamerican bastards voted for women.

Cain will be known as 6 feet below sea level cain after ngannou.

Felder gonna beat Vick with some spinning shit, after giving a recap of each strike throughout the fight. He might even give Vick the mic for a post defeat interview

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm
by philphan
yoseph wrote:So much wmma hate in this thread, but 5 of you unamerican bastards voted for women.

Cain will be known as 6 feet below sea level cain after ngannou.

Felder gonna beat Vick with some spinning shit, after giving a recap of each strike throughout the fight. He might even give Vick the mic for a post defeat interview

:lol: Who voted for the bitch? :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasque

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 pm
by DeceptaCon
abcd wrote:Cain was one of the first fighters i became a fan of. I wanted to get brown pride tatted on me becauase of him. Being a young 18 or 19 year old beaner seeing a relatively short mexican beat down giants like lesnar and bigfoot. It was something special to me.

But im pretty sure hes gonna get kod. Cain made his name on cardio that no one could match bit he had by no means an infinite tank. He himself would tire just not as badly as his opppnents.

At his age with his history... Especialy a history pf getting clipped once or twice per fight... Ngannou is the wrong man at the wrong time.

Ill sigbet anyone

Well at least now you have a brown name.

Spoiler:
Welcome to the club!
Image