Page 1 of 1

Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 pm
by philphan
Corey Anderson’s Readying for Retirement, Plans to Step Away at Age 31
https://sports.yahoo.com/corey-anderson ... 12665.html

Image

UFC light heavyweight Corey Anderson has been planning his retirement since he first stepped inside the octagon. He's set a date, and it's just around the corner. "If I could, I wouldn't be fighting. I'd go back and be a college wrestling coach. That was my dream job, but the money didn't match up equivalent to what I make in fighting," Anderson said while appearing on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show. "When I started a 23, I said that by 31 I wanted to be done," he explained. "It was more of my mom pushing on me because she hates it, but now I'm at the point where I'm going to have a family and all of that. I see fighters, I know guys in it with their families. They're away from home. And the damage to the brain. I know what it does to the body. I don't want that." Anderson has been conservative with his money. He saves what he earns in fight purses while paying bills with money earned from teaching and other endeavors. "I've already got my exit plan and business plan, everything going. I've already got a job set up and waiting and everything," he said. "I've got a business degree. I never wanted to be a fighter.
"All of my fight money has been saved. I don't spend my fight money. I work and teach classes to pay bills, so the plan is when I walk away I'm not going to be hurting and have to go back and fight. I can start my other ventures and just veer off and be there for my family, my wife and my kids and there for the more kids that we're going to have." Anderson loves fighting. It's what he's passionate about. He'll remain in the sport and plans to open a gym in Indiana and coach a two-year wrestling program. His decision was based on quality of life later in life. "I don't want to keep beating my body up. I'm so beat up already. I'm 29 and I've been hurting since I was like 25," he said. "My plan on leaving isn't because I'm tired; I'm done with it. It's just that I want to save my body for my family. I don't want to that guy slurring later on in life. I don't want to not be able to play catch with my kids anymore because my shoulders are so bad that I can't throw the ball."

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm
by PBells
I just turned 31, can I retire??

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm
by yoseph
Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.

This bum can retire unnoticed

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm
by philphan
yoseph wrote:Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.
This bum can retire unnoticed

Image
His name IS Anderson. :mrgreen:

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 pm
by SpeakEasy
I thought i was bad with my Jones out title, fucking phil, showing us that old age doesnt dull the troll blade.

Good call, he wont be missed, has contributed equal to less than nothing to the sport and possesses zero latent abilities or potential weve yet to see.
So why expose yourself to more damage when everyone, including yourself, knows you cannot even attempt to be the best?
This is a very humble admission from Beastin, im glad hes realized his limitations within his fighting abilities, i hope this puts the kibosh on any fight with top contenders especially jones.

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:15 am
by JACKnoneREACHER
Literally have had shits that made me think more about them than Anderson's whole career. Good riddance is what I say as I flush and/or think about Corey anderson

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 am
by JTuck34
I for one like this type of talk from a fighter. He seems like he has his head on straight.
War Corey Anderson

He already looks 51 in age so why not stop at 31, this shows awareness

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 am
by EvilGorilla69+1
JTuck34 wrote:I for one like this type of talk from a fighter. He seems like he has his head on straight.
War Corey Anderson

He already looks 51 in age so why not stop at 31, this shows awareness



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 pm
by YMCA
yoseph wrote:Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.


:fu:






:lol:

Got me, too.

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:10 pm
by Mr Meow
Thankfully divisions come in go in terms of strength

With that said.

Wow Lightheavyweight is shallow as fuck. Beyond shallow

The fact Corey Anderson is top 5 really exemplifies this.


That late Pride era where both they and the UFC had a shit ton of quality Lightheavyweights was amazing. Perhaps the peak of that day.

No Corey Andersons back then :lol:


Liddell, Wandy, Couture, Babalu, Arona, Hendo, Horn, Lil Nog, Shogun, Reem, Rampage, Mezger, Tito Ortiz, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, etc

I look forward to the next good era of lightheavyweight. Hopefully it and Heavyweight come back here soon with good talent outside of the top 3 or 4 dudes. :tup:

Re: Anderson ready to retire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm
by yoseph
Mr Meow wrote:Thankfully divisions come in go in terms of strength

With that said.

Wow Lightheavyweight is shallow as fuck. Beyond shallow

The fact Corey Anderson is top 5 really exemplifies this.


That late Pride era where both they and the UFC had a shit ton of quality Lightheavyweights was amazing. Perhaps the peak of that day.

No Corey Andersons back then :lol:


Liddell, Wandy, Couture, Babalu, Arona, Hendo, Horn, Lil Nog, Shogun, Reem, Rampage, Mezger, Tito Ortiz, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, etc

I look forward to the next good era of lightheavyweight. Hopefully it and Heavyweight come back here soon with good talent outside of the top 3 or 4 dudes. :tup:

I hated him for it but Jones is really the one who killed that era. Even hammill was up there before getting completely destroyed and so was boner