Page 1 of 2

Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:51 pm
by DeceptaCon
What %

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm
by KingOfPancrase
Spoiler:
Fedor

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 pm
by PBells
I would not be surprised one bit. Let's look at the circumstances:

UFC can use Brock because they agreed to co-promote with WWE
Brock was an active contractor with WWE when he was brought in for UFC 200 and currently still is, so obviously a co-promotion deal was worked out. There were numerous ads promoting WWE and it's video game before and during UFC 200. Obviously, WWE wants the biggest business possible for their side of the deal and when it comes to WME's UFC, title belts = money. Speaking of money...

WME needs these kinds of fights because PPV buys are in the toilet
In the post-McGregor era, as Joe Rogan calls it, marketability is everything. The modern-day PPV buyers care more about interviews and personalities than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised (motherfuckers) if WWE's writing team put that little thing together for Brocky. Speaking of interviews...

UFC needed someone who would gladly engage in trash-talking with Brock
Stipe has been outspoken about not doing any media for his fights. Beyond that, he never talks shit or really even responds to any attempts at verbal sparring from his opponent. He would've no-sold Brock's promo and killed a lot of the interest from filthy casuals.

Having DC win an undisputed belt helps his image and clears up some of the Jon Jones controversy
A lot of people regard DC as a paper champ (myself included) or having his soul taken by Jones (myself included). Winning the HW belt via round 1 KO legitimizes him and now UFC can clear a lot of the lingering Jones drama-clouds. This also helps build the storyline for the Brock fight.

At this point in my MMA fandom, there's nothing I would think "That's too ridiculous to happen!" You have an entertainment giant (and secret liberal super-PAC) WME working with sports-entertainment giant WWE, there is bound to be fuckery. Just turn that M upside-down and that about sums it up. :radioactive:

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:54 pm
by DeceptaCon
PBells wrote:I would not be surprised one bit. Let's look at the circumstances:

UFC can use Brock because they agreed to co-promote with WWE
Brock was an active contractor with WWE when he was brought in for UFC 200 and currently still is, so obviously a co-promotion deal was worked out. There were numerous ads promoting WWE and it's video game before and during UFC 200. Obviously, WWE wants the biggest business possible for their side of the deal and when it comes to WME's UFC, title belts = money. Speaking of money...

WME needs these kinds of fights because PPV buys are in the toilet
In the post-McGregor era, as Joe Rogan calls it, marketability is everything. The modern-day PPV buyers care more about interviews and personalities than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised (motherfuckers) if WWE's writing team put that little thing together for Brocky. Speaking of interviews...

UFC needed someone who would gladly engage in trash-talking with Brock
Stipe has been outspoken about not doing any media for his fights. Beyond that, he never talks shit or really even responds to any attempts at verbal sparring from his opponent. He would've no-sold Brock's promo and killed a lot of the interest from filthy casuals.

Having DC win an undisputed belt helps his image and clears up some of the Jon Jones controversy
A lot of people regard DC as a paper champ (myself included) or having his soul taken by Jones (myself included). Winning the HW belt via round 1 KO legitimizes him and now UFC can clear a lot of the lingering Jones drama-clouds. This also helps build the storyline for the Brock fight.

At this point in my MMA fandom, there's nothing I would think "That's too ridiculous to happen!" You have an entertainment giant (and secret liberal super-PAC) WME working with sports-entertainment giant WWE, there is bound to be fuckery. Just turn that M upside-down and that about sums it up. :radioactive:


I like the way you think. . .

Image

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm
by KARHU-III
KingOfPancrase wrote:
Spoiler:
Fedor



Spoiler:
Fedor

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm
by MiniMan
“Dude, I was supposed to pretend i’d been KOd. Why did you bounce my head like a FUCKING BASKETBALL!?”

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm
by PBells
Verne wrote:“Dude, I was supposed to pretend i’d been KOd. Why did you bounce my head like a FUCKING BASKETBALL!?”


Explains why he shoved the ref for not stopping it soon enough :idea:

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 pm
by jblaze
The only flaw to this logic is Miocic got caught right in the sweet spot with one of those beautiful hooking overhands that would knock somebody the fuck out. I think if Miocic would have won Brock would have fought him. Every time Brock headlined it was a million ppv buys. So it doesn't matter.

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm
by 1098765432
Spoiler:
eye poke

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:41 pm
by philphan
KARHU-III wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:
Spoiler:
Fedor



Spoiler:
Fedor


Spoiler:
Fedor

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 pm
by ebickmeyer
Well what happened was that Miocic got punched in the face really hard and he went unconscious from the resulting brain trauma. Nvmd I mean Fedor.

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:21 am
by Bullgooseloony
I don't think it was a work. I think Francis took some money to make his fight look bad just so Brock stepping in would look that much better. They probably figured Brock could sell a PPV himself they didn't need to work the main event.

I know....
Spoiler:
Image

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:40 am
by tsarlaider
Off topic (but not completely)

Every time DC speaks it seems to me that what he says is scripted. It's like someone else or himself wrote it and then he learned it by heart.

On topic

The fight itself doesn't feel like a work but what came after makes it suspicious.

Or i might be butthurt that i had Stipe on fantasy

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 am
by kezzaman
philphan wrote:
KARHU-III wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:
Spoiler:
Fedor



Spoiler:
Fedor


Spoiler:
Fedor

Spoiler:
FEDOR IS A PIZZA SHIT - Brock lesner

Re: Possibility that DC vs Miocic was a work?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 am
by MadTitan
Miocic is too much of a hillbilly to play part in a work.

C'mon.