Page 6 of 7

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 am
by DeceptaCon
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:

Image
Spoiler:
Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am
by TaeKwonDolt
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:If you watch boxing then you see McDuck has a style, very similar to Wladamir Klitschko


Image


It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.


I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:17 pm
by Lt Shiznitski
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:

Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:00 pm
by DeceptaCon
Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:

Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Spoiler:
Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm
by Lt Shiznitski
DeceptaCon wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:

Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image


:lol:

That's all I got for now

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm
by DeceptaCon
quote="Lt Shiznitski"]
DeceptaCon wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:
/quote]
Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Spoiler:
Image


Image


:lol:

That's all I got for now

Image
Spoiler:
Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 pm
by Lt Shiznitski
Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 pm
by EvilGorilla69+1
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image



there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm
by DeceptaCon
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image



there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:
Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 pm
by EvilGorilla69+1
DeceptaCon wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image



there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:
Image



I think little Dana and Connie are too scared to set up a fight with Nate.

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm
by EvilGorilla69+1
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image



there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:
Image



I think little Dana and Connie are too scared to set up a fight with Nate.



Spoiler:
Image
\


remember your dad, Conor.

Image

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm
by reasontat2
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:If you watch boxing then you see McDuck has a style, very similar to Wladamir Klitschko


Image


It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.


I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?


Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 pm
by Lt Shiznitski
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:Image


It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.


I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?


Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.


Spoiler:
Image :lol: :lol:

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 am
by TaeKwonDolt
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.


Thanks for breaking that down man. I really appreciate you taking the time to formulate the basis for your point. Seriously, good stuff.

Alvarez came out to the media and basically stated he thinks McGregor can get it done inside 4 rounds, and not to sleep on that idea. I tend to think that Mayweather will outwork him by parrying and blocking anything he throws for the first 5-6 rounds and then just stick and move until the fight is over and walk with a UD.

Conor will obviously dispute the decision and state that boxing isn't a man's sport anymore, blah blah blah.

I love how this is becoming such a circus, but at the same time, I'm not sure what it proves other than crossing over to a new combat sport doesn't prove anything and that we all just paid $100 for an exhibition match.

I think I'd rather watch Sensei Segal and Fedor fight Sambo on an open floor mat. :lol:

Re: the McGregor game plan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm
by slevin


Spoiler: