Close
Login
Register

US Grappling - Submission Only Rochester

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

US Grappling - Submission Only Rochester

Postby The Boss » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm

My first BJJ tournament is coming up this weekend in Rochester, NY. It's a submission only tournament, no time limits, every match is ended by a submission (chokes, joint locks, verbal) I'm a white belt, been training for about six months.

Since there is no time limit, I think my strategy is going to be pacing myself. Any tips from you linkers who has competition experience would be awesome.
"Jiu-jitsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man (or woman) is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat."-Saulo Ribeiro
The Boss
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: US Grappling - Submission Only Rochester

Postby TTY » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:46 pm

ive never heard of a tournament like that. but all i can say is play the game you are most confident at playing if you like to stay in your guard, do that and dont let the dude free until you submit him
TTY
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby The Boss » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:55 pm

http://www.usgrappling.com/events/submi ... rochester/

That's the tournament I'm in. It's my first tourny, I don't know what to expect. Idk how hard they go in the tournament.
"Jiu-jitsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man (or woman) is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat."-Saulo Ribeiro
The Boss
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby TTY » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

that sounds pretty sick id like to do somethin like that one day. and its a tournament man, people wanna win so they are probably gonna go all out. but without a time limit that might change the game completely, people might actualyl be calm. either way good luck dude!
TTY
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby irishjudoka » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:15 pm

stay calm, breathe and keep in mind that tech is the most important thing. dont froget the basics, and do youre best.
irishjudoka
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Return to Ground Game