Close
Login
Register

Toronto

Wanna meet up with your Linker pals to watch some MMA? Or how about for a friendly training session? Even just for a beer or two? Well now you can.

Toronto

Postby J D » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 pm

If any of you pussies are in my great city ever we can grab some beers and cause some ruckus.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Re: Toronto

Postby PBells » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Would love to go there. Should I bump it up ahead New York City and Seattle?
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby J D » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 am

PsychoBells wrote:Would love to go there. Should I bump it up ahead New York City and Seattle?

New York... no. That place is amazing. But then again I've lived in this city my entire life and NYC just made it look like a small hamlet :lol: But you're into music and Toronto is unparalleled for bar-hopping and discovering unique bands you otherwise would never have heard of. Of course, bands you have heard of play nightly as well.

Can't say much about Seattle --haven't been yet-- but I'm sure some flag-waving, beef jerky eating, red blooded 'Murican will tell you it's worth going to before Toronto.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

I am Canadian

Postby jjmmajkd » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

JD1 wrote:
PsychoBells wrote:Would love to go there. Should I bump it up ahead New York City and Seattle?

New York... no. That place is amazing. But then again I've lived in this city my entire life and NYC just made it look like a small hamlet :lol: But you're into music and Toronto is unparalleled for bar-hopping and discovering unique bands you otherwise would never have heard of. Of course, bands you have heard of play nightly as well.

Can't say much about Seattle --haven't been yet-- but I'm sure some flag-waving, beef jerky eating, red blooded 'Murican will tell you it's worth going to before Toronto.
*waves my flag and snaps mah slim jim* Its nothing but rain and flanle shirts. but hey at least its in Murica XD
jjmmajkd
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby Burritoking1000 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 am

Seattle's pretty rad actually, I like it better than Vancouver, but I think T.O. is better than both of them for the actual city stuff like nightlife and music and what have you.
3-3
Burritoking1000
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby MuayCrim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm

My father in law raves about Seattle. His favorite place to visit in the states. I've never been there but I just don't see it.

Anyway Pbells, screw all of those places and just come to Minneapolis and hang out with me and Lsquared.
Minneapolis has it all.
MuayCrim
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby PBells » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:15 pm

That would be fun too, hanging out with you and Marnald IRL. If it's cheap enough I very well could be there.
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby BlkBeltBob » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 pm

O Canada!

Best country on the planet. It's a no brainer to want to come out here.

Always looking for some new people to go out and watch events with. Most of my friends are boring or not hardcore fans like I am. I guess it's because they haven't been involved in martial arts their entire life too.

Hard to believe that there's so little Toronto Linker on this page.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender."
— Tupac Shakur
BlkBeltBob
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby jitzkrieg » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:54 pm

BlkBeltBob wrote:O Canada!

Best country on the planet. It's a no brainer to want to come out here.

Always looking for some new people to go out and watch events with. Most of my friends are boring or not hardcore fans like I am. I guess it's because they haven't been involved in martial arts their entire life too.

Hard to believe that there's so little Toronto Linker on this page.

I'm in Hamilton, does that count? 10 bucks on a GO train and I'm at Union.
jitzkrieg
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby drunkendood » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 am

I live in a small town next to London Ontario.
Ed, if you hear me, I think of you often.
drunkendood
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby J D » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

drunkendood wrote:I live in a small town next to London Ontario.

Woodstock?
J D

I am Canadian

Postby drunkendood » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 pm

JD1 wrote:
drunkendood wrote:I live in a small town next to London Ontario.

Woodstock?

Dorchester. It's directly in between london and woodstock.
Ed, if you hear me, I think of you often.
drunkendood
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby RebelSaki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:31 pm

For the record Seattle is truly amazing. If you're into unique small shops, beautiful buildings, seafood and awesome music, Seattle is a must.

I'm about a 2.5 hour drive from Toronto (bordering the US), would love to meet up with some of you fine gents sometime :P
Now that we're gettin somewhere, you know we got to give back. For the youth is the future no doubt that's right and exact. Squeeze the juice out of all the suckers with power. And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers.
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Creator of TIO

Postby Burritoking1000 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Rob Ford... :lol: :lol: :lol:
3-3
Burritoking1000
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby J D » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Burritoking1000 wrote:Rob Ford... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a dumbshit. :lol:

Didn't bother reading the handbook they give to every mayor that specifies his duties and code of conduct. He deserved to get booted.
J D

I am Canadian

Next

Return to Linker Get-Together