Close
Login
Register

Judo.

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Judo.

Postby The axe murder » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 pm

hi everybody my real name is Oliver i just wanted to post some videos of a judo turnament where i fought a couple of weeks ago, i havent train like a lot so im still very very green plus all the guys where bigger than me because my judo sensei made me drink a lot of water and go up to fill a spot due to a friend's injury and if i cant post this type of stuff in here im sorry and mods feel free to move it. (sorry for my english).

I GOT THE THIRD PLACE in the 73-81 kg weight class wich is not mine but still i got tired in the fight i lost because he was bigger and i had to spend more energy to make it even but yes i gassed my fault i wont next time lol

also there is another fight where i beat the guy in 4 or 5 seconds so nobody could tape that lol it was funny im still learning im a yellow belt (in te tournament u can fight with brown belts. etc) im pretty strong thx thx thx
The axe murder
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: Judo.

Postby Shaka Zulu » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Posting to watch later. Congratulations to you.
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby TheHumanoidTyphoon » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Cool dude I didnt know you could go for subs in judo
LHK FOREVER
TheHumanoidTyphoon
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby The axe murder » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:Posting to watch later. Congratulations to you.

thx bro!!

TheHumanoidTyphoon wrote:Cool dude I didnt know you could go for subs in judo

yes you cant go for kneebars, ancke locks, heel hooks, etc but you can do armbars, triangle chokes, kimuras i even almost had a RNC in the last guy but he was able to stand up.
The axe murder
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Glass Jaw » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Good job! Hope you dont mind some input. These are in no way insults or put downs but hopefully stuff you can work with your coach.

You have a great sense of aggression. I like that you constantly attack. Don't lose that sense of aggression. BUT you are relying on your speed and explosion instead of your technique. Making your techniques (I see you favor a lot of trips like Osoto Gari/Kosoto) kinda sloppy. No offense. You need to work on your sleeve arm, pulling that across you more, and your lapel arm's pushing. This will help your kazushi as cliche as that sounds. You create openings like big openings for your opponent to counter you when you get tangled. I bet you can kind of feel that when you rush in.

I know you're relatively fresh to judo, so don't fret. Its a common mistake that a lot of people do. All I can say is take your time and don't rush yourself. Which I know is hard to do when you are under pressure in a tournie.

Loved the armbar btw. That was again good aggression and awareness to snag the arm and correct yourself. I saw that you attempted a handful of chokes from turtle (think it was hadake jime?). Take the time and drill/ do uchikomis to practice grabbing those chokes so you can get that Ippon.

You might find this judo choke instructional helpful. I mean Neil Adams shows how to do uchikomis to practice choking from turtle.

Anyway keep up the good work!
Glass Jaw
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby SamuraixJack » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 pm

nice shit bro! love judo. keep up the beast mode!

BOW TO THE KING
SamuraixJack
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby The axe murder » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Glass Jaw wrote:You have a great sense of aggression. I like that you constantly attack. Don't lose that sense of aggression. BUT you are relying on your speed and explosion instead of your technique. Making your techniques (I see you favor a lot of trips like Osoto Gari/Kosoto) kinda sloppy. No offense. You need to work on your sleeve arm, pulling that across you more, and your lapel arm's pushing. This will help your kazushi as cliche as that sounds. You create openings like big openings for your opponent to counter you when you get tangled. I bet you can kind of feel that when you rush in.

Loved the armbar btw. That was again good aggression and awareness to snag the arm and correct yourself. I saw that you attempted a handful of chokes from turtle (think it was hadake jime?). Take the time and drill/ do uchikomis to practice grabbing those chokes so you can get that Ippon.

You might find this judo choke instructional helpful. I mean Neil Adams shows how to do uchikomis to practice choking from turtle.

thx a lot of course i will train harder in every aspect: in my cardio, in my strenght and of coure in my technique i will try fix the things you wrote and ummm i was also triyng Nami juji jime but that dude had an awsome defense i also didnt have the chance to try sweeps i like sasae a lot but there will be a next time !! :twisted:
The axe murder
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Glass Jaw read my mind. I... don't really have much to add to that.

Don't sweat your entry drills, or cardio. You got that.

Muscular endurance, not so much.

The ingredient you are missing is proper off-balancing. You have decent grips, you have great speed, but you (and your opponents) never got the other off-balance. Counters for both of you could have been prevented with proper kazushi.

Don't feel bad, I mean, we all look a little goofy at first and the endurance takes lots of randori. Don't sweat the newaza. It will come faster than the tachiwaza.

... last thing, (in addition to USING actual OFF-balanCING, .. caps for emphasis :) .. ) you need to develop combos. You can't always rely on entry speed and counters. Keep up the drills, work on your push-pull, work combos for those large reaps.

We look forward to your next entry.
[quote="MurderfaceMMA"] Sometimes you have to support one despot/dictator, in order to take out another more dangerous despot/dictator. [/quote]

lol... mma-math works in real life ?
KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby beast775 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 am

I've got little to add on what Glass Jaw and KeyboardPacifist have said technically, but don't panic about your cardio, it's the fisrt time you've fought at over 73kg and those guys will sap your strength with their grips and bullying down tactics. It didn't look like you were struggling strength wise, though.

Try not to allow your opponent time to settle on ther grip (I am terrible for this if you watched my vids.)

Use your aggression as soon as you get the grip you want, switch your grips so as not to be predictable then attack.

I enjoyed the vids. Well done.
beast775
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby The axe murder » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:43 am

minimanukuk wrote:I've got little to add on what Glass Jaw and KeyboardPacifist have said technically, but don't panic about your cardio, it's the fisrt time you've fought at over 73kg and those guys will sap your strength with their grips and bullying down tactics. It didn't look like you were struggling strength wise, though.

Try not to allow your opponent time to settle on ther grip (I am terrible for this if you watched my vids.)

Use your aggression as soon as you get the grip you want, switch your grips so as not to be predictable then attack.

I enjoyed the vids. Well done.

yes i saw your vids nice sweeps i remember;
and thx i will work harder im really motivated at this point. :biggrin:
The axe murder
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Glass Jaw wrote:You have a great sense of aggression. I like that you constantly attack. Don't lose that sense of aggression.

I think I was reading about Kimura and he said when he started he was smaller and weaker than his opponents and had poor defense, so he constantly attacked so they would have to be on the defense all the time and that helped him win a lot early on.

(Might not have been Kimura though)

Great job OP, stick with it; Judo is awesome.
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby Ronin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

The axe murder wrote:
Glass Jaw wrote:You have a great sense of aggression. I like that you constantly attack. Don't lose that sense of aggression. BUT you are relying on your speed and explosion instead of your technique. Making your techniques (I see you favor a lot of trips like Osoto Gari/Kosoto) kinda sloppy. No offense. You need to work on your sleeve arm, pulling that across you more, and your lapel arm's pushing. This will help your kazushi as cliche as that sounds. You create openings like big openings for your opponent to counter you when you get tangled. I bet you can kind of feel that when you rush in.

thx a lot of course i will train harder in every aspect: in my cardio, in my strenght and of coure in my technique i will try fix the things you wrote and ummm i was also triyng Nami juji jime but that dude had an awsome defense i also didnt have the chance to try sweeps i like sasae a lot but there will be a next time !! :twisted:

good job man and as always Glass Jaw knows his stuff. Keep at it with the training.
Ronin
中国和日本王子

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 am

irishmike357 wrote:
Glass Jaw wrote:You have a great sense of aggression. I like that you constantly attack. Don't lose that sense of aggression.

I think I was reading about Kimura and he said when he started he was smaller and weaker than his opponents and had poor defense, so he constantly attacked so they would have to be on the defense all the time and that helped him win a lot early on.

(Might not have been Kimura though)

Great job OP, stick with it; Judo is awesome.

I don't think it was Kimura, but it may have been his mentor...

10 Do's and Don'ts in Learning Judo

By Yoshitsugu Yamashita

The First 10th Degree Black Belt

2) First learn offensive. You will see that defense is included in offensive. You will make no progress learning defense first.

I think... if you have weak grips - you should definitely learn it. But.. I also see guys at the brown belt level really stall their progress by spending a ton of time trying to progress their "offense" with kumi kata .. rather than stick to fundamental combos, off-balance ... Neil Adams has ranted plenty of times on this subject. :wink:

I do agree with minimanukuk that you should practice breaking off the superior grip an opponent gets on you.

(this may sound contradictory to my first statment) ...You can get great off-balancing with superior grips. That's for sure. But there more fundamental methods such as the push-pull concepts and others...
[quote="MurderfaceMMA"] Sometimes you have to support one despot/dictator, in order to take out another more dangerous despot/dictator. [/quote]

KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 am

KeyboardPacifist wrote:
I don't think it was Kimura, but it may have been his mentor...

I don't either. Now that I have thought about it. Then I thought maybe Kano. Now I have to go read everything about Judo I ever read haha.
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

now that you mention it, .. that does sound like Kano.

KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion