Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby TheAssassin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:38 pm

On a side note...I think CNN, Fox and pretty much every other news stations are not fair or balanced or whatever at all. BBC is the best I've seen so far. It's not that obvious when they're pushing one candidate over another. And hell, why should they care, they're British.
User avatar
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11516
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Mundane Ejaculation Man

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby Headhunter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 pm

it's hard to decide because they're both shitty candidates who have special interest dollars spewing through their teeth. obama has a proven successful economic team and opposes most of the things that have accumulated a large portion of the debt but he is a million more times likely to put the laws even more in favor of special interests than mccain (who has a track record of opposing special interests at times while obama) and have them be much stronger than they would be than in a mccain administration. debt or special interests, that's basically what it comes down to for me. personally i pick anti-special interests because it's as simple as reinstated the original laws that were created/destroyed that got banks and the banks change the way they operate and we will restabilize... our debt is a huge problem but honestly it's a short term problem if you fix the policies, we do have strong economic fundamentals despite what anyone on any side says because every country who has picked it up has prospered at something like an 80%+ success rate. and i can't even vote so i don't see why i bother trying to sift through the political bullshit

and BTW how is CNN biased? they rag on both people (like for instance, how they reported on palin's ***-to-nowhere, and now they have a story running on how biden had voted for it as well). they have partisans and non-partisans regularly. being unbiased is what gets them so much attention when politics comes around. if there's anything that they do that's biased, i'd like to know so i can stop watching and just get info from fact sites because i'm ignoring most other news shows. i don't like to listen to foreign news because they are foreign, they are disconnected.
Image
Headhunter
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby Lamer » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:07 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:
Lamer wrote:I love how people care more about a presidents personal thoughts then what their policy say.

Both are crap. State-Socialism has been proven multiple times through out history that it is a failing system, much like it's brother Communism.

McCain is just more of Bush and Bush has already shown that he fails.


Your correct that I care what someones personal thoughts are. Personal thoughts shape personal outlook that in turn shapes political philosophy. Obama has made many speeches/talks where he shows that he is not presidential, that he cares more about personal gain than the good of the USA from my outlook.

McCain and Obama are what US Citizens will be voting for this November (This poll is open to all members - under 18, over 18, people from all countries).

McCain is just a cut above Obama on so many levels, yet people "believe" in obama because he speaks well....yet ask someone down the street, and no one knows what Obama has ever done.... http://genycon.blogspot.com/2008/09/can ... hment.html

I'm sorry, but I'll go with democracy any day over socialism or communism.


You shouldn't be willing to settle for either.
HW: Barry, JDS, Fedor LHW: Shogun, Mousasi MW: Wand, Belcher WW: Alves, Condit LW: Aoki, Showtime Pettis FW: Aldo, CSJ BW: Renan Barao FlyW: Sergio Pettis StrawW:Rambaa M16

Say what you want, Jose Aldo Jr is P4P number 1.
User avatar
Lamer
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:46 am
Location: At an Errotic Rave in Thailand with a bunch of Korean Zombies.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby TheAssassin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Headhunter wrote:it's hard to decide because they're both shitty candidates who have special interest dollars spewing through their teeth. obama has a proven successful economic team and opposes most of the things that have accumulated a large portion of the debt but he is a million more times likely to put the laws even more in favor of special interests than mccain (who has a track record of opposing special interests at times while obama) and have them be much stronger than they would be than in a mccain administration. debt or special interests, that's basically what it comes down to for me. personally i pick anti-special interests because it's as simple as reinstated the original laws that were created/destroyed that got banks and the banks change the way they operate and we will restabilize... our debt is a huge problem but honestly it's a short term problem if you fix the policies, we do have strong economic fundamentals despite what anyone on any side says because every country who has picked it up has prospered at something like an 80%+ success rate. and i can't even vote so i don't see why i bother trying to sift through the political bullshit

and BTW how is CNN biased? they rag on both people (like for instance, how they reported on palin's ***-to-nowhere, and now they have a story running on how biden had voted for it as well). they have partisans and non-partisans regularly. being unbiased is what gets them so much attention when politics comes around. if there's anything that they do that's biased, i'd like to know so i can stop watching and just get info from fact sites because i'm ignoring most other news shows. i don't like to listen to foreign news because they are foreign, they are disconnected.


I didn't say they were biased. I implied that they 're liars.
User avatar
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11516
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Mundane Ejaculation Man

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Headhunter:

That's precisely the problem with getting senators into the presidency. The US hardly ever has a Senator in the White House. It just seems inherently wrong ie, Separation of Powers is further compromised.

Carter, Regan, HW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush were all Governors before they were president. the ones before that were VP's so they had more executive experience (though they were congressmen before that). Using the history as a guide, Bill Richardson, Mitt Romney and Mayor Giuliani were candidates that should've been at the top of the list (Sarah Palin is actually a better fit in this regard, haha)

I was a fan of Giuliani and Romney at the beginning. However, I really like McCain's history and tenure as a Senator. By the time they got to Texas though, Giuliani and Romney were out (I believe that to be in part of the east coasts rules of primaries allowing anyone to vote, not just party members...you'll see that the dems were angry because many republicans at the end voted for Hillary).
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
User avatar
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25715
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Texas yall
Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Lamer wrote:You shouldn't be willing to settle for either.


In an idealistic world...perhaps you are right, but reality dictates otherwise.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
User avatar
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25715
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Texas yall
Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby chadjohn24 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:34 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:Headhunter:

That's precisely the problem with getting senators into the presidency. The US hardly ever has a Senator in the White House. It just seems inherently wrong ie, Separation of Powers is further compromised.

Carter, Regan, HW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush were all Governors before they were president. the ones before that were VP's so they had more executive experience (though they were congressmen before that). Using the history as a guide, Bill Richardson, Mitt Romney and Mayor Giuliani were candidates that should've been at the top of the list (Sarah Palin is actually a better fit in this regard, haha)

I was a fan of Giuliani and Romney at the beginning. However, I really like McCain's history and tenure as a Senator. By the time they got to Texas though, Giuliani and Romney were out (I believe that to be in part of the east coasts rules of primaries allowing anyone to vote, not just party members...you'll see that the dems were angry because many republicans at the end voted for Hillary).



I think Huckabee would have been a good choice. He is also a supporter of the fair tax.
User avatar
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42 pm

chadjohn24 wrote:

I think Huckabee would have been a good choice. He is also a supporter of the fair tax.


Well he has a TV show now.... a new Ronald Regan???? :wink:
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
User avatar
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25715
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Texas yall
Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby detfilteg » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:52 pm

I saw no clear winner in the debate and thought that each candidate delivered their prepared and rehearsed lines just fine imo.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

User avatar
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6696
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Help!

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby Lamer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:02 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:
Lamer wrote:You shouldn't be willing to settle for either.


In an idealistic world...perhaps you are right, but reality dictates otherwise.


Really? Never heard of third party candidates? If everyone really wanted change they'd be voting for them, more so Bob Barr. Personally, I'd want Ron Paul, but he doesn't want to lose his seat. And if everyone who wanted change did vote for them, they would win. But people with that mind set are the reason this country is in the shitter.
HW: Barry, JDS, Fedor LHW: Shogun, Mousasi MW: Wand, Belcher WW: Alves, Condit LW: Aoki, Showtime Pettis FW: Aldo, CSJ BW: Renan Barao FlyW: Sergio Pettis StrawW:Rambaa M16

Say what you want, Jose Aldo Jr is P4P number 1.
User avatar
Lamer
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:46 am
Location: At an Errotic Rave in Thailand with a bunch of Korean Zombies.

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby Trizzo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:02 am

Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:Neither.

I want Ron Paul to be president.

100% agreed, you are now my friend
Carwin>UFC heavyweight divisionImage
User avatar
Trizzo
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby chadjohn24 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:28 pm

User avatar
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Obama on Iran:



Obama on Israel:



Iraq



More Iraq



Obama wanting troop withdrawal DELAYED until he is office:



Rush explaining Obama's CONFIRMATION of the statement.



What Obama believes our Soldiers do:



With all these positions....is it any wonder that he ever get it out of his mouth? Oh...wait....

Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
User avatar
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25715
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Texas yall
Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby TheAssassin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Specially picked videos to make people look bad can work for both sides.
User avatar
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11516
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Mundane Ejaculation Man

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:33 pm

TheAssassin wrote:Specially picked videos to make people look bad can work for both sides.


I dont think there's a real comparison. And you probably didn't watch them since I just got done seeing them again, lol
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
User avatar
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25715
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Texas yall
Accolades: Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users